Pull.mac for use with MQ2Bot

Tested. No such 'bot' member 'Pulling'.
Well then. ok. i went ahead and added some pulling variables and posting on main thread for testing.

Bot.Pulling - Bool - Am i Pulling?
Bot.Returning - Bool - Am i returning from the pull to the camp
Bot.PullMob - Spawn - Spawn that I am pulling

Tested. No such 'bot' member 'Pulling'.
Well then. ok. i went ahead and added some pulling variables and posting on main thread for testing.

Bot.Pulling - Bool - Am i Pulling?
Bot.Returning - Bool - Am i returning from the pull to the camp
Bot.PullMob - Spawn - Spawn that I am pulling

Right-o. I'll hit it tomorrow. I haven't slept in two days. My brain doesn't function correctly at this level and will likely provide useless feedback haha.

Hi I am a noob but I try to get is started by typing: /mac pull 500 with the idea that 500 is the XY Radius The problem is that whatever I try I am getting and XY Radius of 0 so the bot does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

tested

Tested the new macro and it doesn't target anything to go and pull. The previous version also now seem to target a mob and then run to the spot that it targeted the mob at, then when it's there it turns to find the mob. Where as before it turned as the mob moved

Hi I am a noob but I try to get is started by typing: /mac pull 500 with the idea that 500 is the XY Radius The problem is that whatever I try I am getting and XY Radius of 0 so the bot does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

Tested the new macro and it doesn't target anything to go and pull. The previous version also now seem to target a mob and then run to the spot that it targeted the mob at, then when it's there it turns to find the mob. Where as before it turned as the mob moved

Updated the current macro to fix the issue. I moved everything into a sub to declare and initialize values, but apparently Param0 doesn't like being put inside a sub :-x

I asked it to go to the creatures current location in an effort to go around obstacles more consistently, though it does still use straight line distance.

I've got a working version using MQ2Navigation that navigates around obstacles, however due to the limitations of the meshs I often find myself going off track, which causes some reliability issues with it's functionality. Previously I believe I was simply using a /stick command to go to the target, and a /moveto for the return trip.

If you want the direct line distance try replacing the red with the green.
Code:
Sub Pull
	/if ((${Target.ID}) && (${Target.PctHPs} == 100)) {
		[COLOR="Red"]/moveto id ${Target.ID}[/COLOR] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]/stick[/COLOR]
		/if (${Verbose} == True) /cechob Pulling a ${Target.Name}
		:GettingMob
		/if ((${MoveTo.Moving}) && (${Target.ID}) && (${Target.Type.NotEqual[Corpse]}) && (${Target.Distance} > 10)) {
			/delay 1
			/goto :GettingMob
		}
	}

Last edited:
Hotfix in the make. Adding a death check for group members. Will update this thread when this is complete...became an issue fighting things that could actually kill me effectively

Last edited:
UseRanged bool outer
PullCast string outer
PullCastRange int outer

The above lines are not currently in use. Therefore changing their settings in the INI will not do anything for you.

Update to the Pull.mac has been uploaded. MQ2Navigate is now in use and is an optional setting in the INI. Change from False to True to use it. It is NOT perfect due to the limitations of the plugin, however...it is better for avoiding obstacles in a zone and navigating through a zone. YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD OR CREATE YOUR OWN MESHES!!!

~Group Member Death Check added.
~MQ2Navigation use added.
~Fixed the Invulnerability check....or rather...added it to the getting mob loop as a call it was never getting to the invulnerability check because it was stuck in a wait loop for aggro.
~Converted the Group Health and Mana checks into a loop instead of having the same lines of code repeated over and over again for each group member.

I'm sure I did other stuff but I honestly didn't keep track of it. Please inform me of any errors.

Download Meshes at this link.
http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/local_links.php?catid=5

If you are using the EQBC option and your toons are leashed and you want to move type /makecamp off

Last edited:
I'm going to start up a new group and check this out man... will give any feedback I can find :)

Pulling boolean would get stuck on TRUE when an add was in the camp, causing the puller to stand there looking like furniture. Corrected.

Please download new attachment. Sounds like a minor fix, but it makes a big difference. Been running without assistance for 8 hours now. (Have changed locations and moved from level 20 to 40 on Mage, 35 to 43 on Wizard, and 45 to 47 on Paladin. They are now all in the same group and working together without an issue.)

a member had messaged me about providing me some already completed code, but doesn't appear to intend to do so as he hasn't responded. I'll work up to the code I expected to get from him and get it put in place as I can. I'm between semesters, but will likely take a class during the winter mini. So in other words....lots of time to code out of boredom.

If you like what I'm doing, and you also like veterans, and you also like donations, and you also have it to spare... check out my gofundme. It's for a good cause :)

https://www.gofundme.com/bg56gt6k

Last edited:
Ranged Pulling

Ranged Pulling for ranged items is almost completed. Might be posted tomorrow sometime.

Didn't have time to work on it today. Yay School :-x.

Last edited:
Sick

Sorry all, I've somehow managed to catch some nasty bug that's going around and will be spending some time recovering before I try to focus on this. Hopefully I won't be out of commission long, all depends on if the VA gives me any medicine that is actually useful I suppose.

Gave me a error about missing a ) on line 420. So I put it in the right spot and he will not pull.

Gave me a error about missing a ) on line 420. So I put it in the right spot and he will not pull.

Not sure why it seems to work for everyone else. I'll take a peak at it though.

Need more information however. You say "he won't pull". So does he just stand still. Are you using a range parameter, IE: /mac pull # where # is the range you want to pull up to. IE: if I want to pull 100 meters out I type /mac pull 100, or if I want 1000 meters out I type /mac pull 1000

Last edited:
I took a look at line 420, that is a line of code for use with UseEQBC in the INI as being set to true. So you would only get that error if it was set to true. My bad. :)

Abandoned

I apologize, I've started working 10 hours a day, 7 days a week and have not had time to dedicate to this macro. I find that it is for the most part in working order, it isn't perfect, but it is functional. If anyone wants to take up this project, I do not object and have no interest in maintaining this code as my property in any way shape or form. Enjoy it. If people run into problems, please send me a private message, because it will send me an email to let me know you are trying to contact me and I will assist you to the best of my ability.

I briefly tried using this a couple of days ago.

I straight away ran into bumps. I would use EQBCS. commented out and fixed some of that stuff. I didn't want it to keep adjusting camps for everyone, had to take all that out and rework.

I use a caster to pull.

I had to comment out a bunch of the script to get it vaguely functional in that situation. The mob was within casting or even throwing range. No movement was necessary. It wanted to run the caster over to the mob and hit the mob and run back. That causes all sorts of issues ;)

By the time I made it check and avoid code for running there, running back, and then looked at having to stick in code to get it to cast (didn't seem to be able to set a spell to pull), I had not got much left.
It didn't seem to want to do things from any kind of distance at all, like it still wanted to run right up to the mob and then cast or whatever (doability). The pull range didn't seem to be doing things right.

I think the script probably works in your exact situation, with your exact class, but beyond that I think it's probably not so dynamic as to get much use.

I briefly tried using this a couple of days ago.

I straight away ran into bumps. I would use EQBCS. commented out and fixed some of that stuff. I didn't want it to keep adjusting camps for everyone, had to take all that out and rework.

I use a caster to pull.

I had to comment out a bunch of the script to get it vaguely functional in that situation. The mob was within casting or even throwing range. No movement was necessary. It wanted to run the caster over to the mob and hit the mob and run back. That causes all sorts of issues ;)

By the time I made it check and avoid code for running there, running back, and then looked at having to stick in code to get it to cast (didn't seem to be able to set a spell to pull), I had not got much left.
It didn't seem to want to do things from any kind of distance at all, like it still wanted to run right up to the mob and then cast or whatever (doability). The pull range didn't seem to be doing things right.

I think the script probably works in your exact situation, with your exact class, but beyond that I think it's probably not so dynamic as to get much use.

This is not tailored to any specific class, but it was also an incomplete macro and thus big ticket items (such as spell casting, ranged pulling) were not implemented. Yes, the idea was designed to run up to the creature and punch it in the face with whatever the user was holding. I encourage you to tailor it to YOUR specific character and class, however I stated it was created with the melee puller in mind. It is not designed to avoid trains, it is designed to get things to kill, thus using it to fight things at higher levels makes it risky. This was never intended as an AFK macro, Also as far as it running into bumps, I didn't create MQ2Navigation, but for the most part it avoids running into things. I suggest making your own meshes (assuming you were using MQ2Navigations) and play with the settings to find things that work for you. UseEQBC option I believe has comments on first post as well specifically mentioning the quite limited functionality. This was in no way polished. Glad you got it working for you however.

Last edited:
Also as far as it running into bumps, I didn't create MQ2Navigation

Heh, I mean, I hit bumps in use of it ;-) - it was a bumpy ride.

I wasn't trying to AFK.

I have my own solutions, but it's always worth taking a look at what other people are doing. I looked at this, I looked at Pete's initial /findmob command, etc.

Seems I still have an occasional downloader here and there trying to use this macro. Curious if any are finding it useful in this simple format, or if anyone has made any modifications to the file itself to make it more functional. I'm out of work right now and will probably play around with it until my classes start back up in August.