PSA to Ragefire Players

chaotika

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I don't know how many people here play on Ragefire, and I know even less how many "new" or returning people we have here to MQ2, but a word to the wise. Sending tells to a /role Enchanter asking for Clarity in SolA when they're on the complete opposite side of the zone from you (and roleplaying) no less just screams that you're using MQ2. Then warping to said Enchanter saying "lol found you" is just dumb.

I play with people who I know do NOT use MQ2 or any 3rd party software. These people are vehemently against the use of these programs and love, and I mean LOVE to petition suspicious actions. I hope you actually get banned for being a dumbass because your carelessness puts all of us at risk.

TL;DR - Don't be an idiot when using MQ2. Don't warp, don't afk bot in popular places and for the love of all things holy, don't mysteriously know who Enchanters are when they're roleplaying.

/rant off

mq2 should of been disabled on TLP seriously why let them draw all this negative attention to rest of us ?

Well, I disagree (respectfully) with the 'enchanter roleplay' bit, but do completely agree that 'finding' said enchanter is at least a bit suspicious.

Even back with not using hacks, myself and friends all had these binders from hell with gear printouts, map printougs (eqatlas, etc.), quest shit, and yeah, a notepad with names of 'useful' people.

There are so many ways to know and recognize that that person you see in zone, even though they are roleplay or anony (you can still see their name), that you know they are class X, from seeing them cast something (emotes/effect), or they offered it at some point elsewhere, that kind of thing.

Enchanter was one of my first toons back in the day i.e. 99, and once I was high enough I constantly got tells even with RP or anony - they put me on friends list. The same goes for cleric names for rez begs, mages for gear & shit, wiz/dru for ports, dru/shm sow, etc. etc. So no, I wouldn't think anything of being asked (or asking) an enchanter that's not near me in a zone for a buff.

Again, however, chasing them down by 'accident' or 'luck' I'd say watch your ass. ;)

Last, regarding TLP, yeah could do that (disable) - then they'd get it elsewhere or roll their own. It would cut down on a few, but not enough to make any dent in the noise. Also, with respect to pay sites, people expect to get what they pay for, not have it limited. If we were going to do that, there would be no active hacks at all (or at least nothing involving any kind of movement packet). Just my 2c, and I do respect your opinion on the matter, btw.

htw

I might be opening pandora's box here, but where are people finding warp for progression server?

I thought we were the only people who had a working warp, it's not enabled on ragefire/lockjaw, and none of our development team are playing ragefire so it's not from here.

As I've had a few people saying they've seen people warping on the server, I'm having a hard time figuring out where it's coming from. I know Zippzipp was playing progression, hes one of the only people I know that was smart enough to write one, but doubt he'd be distributing it even if he did have one.

I've had quite a few people beg for a copy, or threaten charge-backs for not giving it to them, but I haven't caved for anyone. There was that guy who wrote the warp hack for EQMac before server got taken down for people warping/no zone req/training raids, maybe hes keeping it updated for live?

abyss wrote one that was working. his updates are/were super spotty though so I think the last version was march.

erfg or whatever was doing the eqmac/titanium emu warp iirc.

There are a handful of users out there that have significantly more in depth plugins that are behind the scenes. Like one rando guy has a bot plugin and has had it for years apparently because he messaged me when I was mentioning mine. I haven't looked for any warp plugins outside of here, but I also haven't heard mention of any beyond those 2 mentioned above.

Not me. Not touching active hacks at all.

My guess would be same reason the guy was looking for source code the other day. Someone is compiling it and giving it out to friends/selling it.

I have warps, hacks, cracks, slacks, Macs. What you need, got it all.

What about the Guide of Red?

They're not publicly supporting any active hacks in their compile, even for standard live. They're also not providing support for people using their standard macros on the TLP servers.

Doesn't mean there isn't a small group from RG doing it there, but they're not distributing it publicly.

I might be opening pandora's box here, but where are people finding warp for progression server?

I thought we were the only people who had a working warp, it's not enabled on ragefire/lockjaw, and none of our development team are playing ragefire so it's not from here.

As I've had a few people saying they've seen people warping on the server, I'm having a hard time figuring out where it's coming from. I know Zippzipp was playing progression, hes one of the only people I know that was smart enough to write one, but doubt he'd be distributing it even if he did have one.

I've had quite a few people beg for a copy, or threaten charge-backs for not giving it to them, but I haven't caved for anyone. There was that guy who wrote the warp hack for EQMac before server got taken down for people warping/no zone req/training raids, maybe hes keeping it updated for live?

I will admit to being paid to write one for someone to use with a non mmobugs compile a few months ago, but to my knowledge they haven't distributed it or used it on TLP. I wrote it for them before TLP started (before I heard about a new one starting up again). And given that they haven't asked me for any updates to it, I doubt that version is even still working. I personally don't use it, and before people start asking me on here, I will not be writing any new version or distributing it now. I agree with others that active hacks shouldn't be available on TLP in order to try and avoid any general MQ2 usage crack downs.

That said, I don't think it would be especially hard for other developers to roll their own. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple people with their own warp and distributing it among friends to make it enough to be noticed.

Last edited:
I have warps, hacks, cracks, slacks, Macs. What you need, got it all.

What about the Guide of Red?

They don't offer support but the compile works on the servers, but they don't have any warp type plugins that i know of. They won't even offer support for macros if you're using them on the TLP servers you can post for help but the only people helping would be users on the site.