Problem with mq2autobuff

sc0ttr0

Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted correctly but i have a strange issue with this plugin. It works on about 80% of toons that try to use it but some toons it returns and error with the toon name + some wingdings after it and says they are not in zone. For instance:

Sosando tells you: 'buffme'
in mq window : MQ2Autobuff::Sosando^%J is not in zone...ignoring the request.

Any ideas?

Toggle on debug for a while ( command is /abd)

Let me know the details of what it's telling you when you see it mess up.

htw

debug_zpsecaa1920.png

hope i did that right. Scratched at names to protect the innocent noob i had send me a tell.

The very first line has the additional character in it.

Looks like the plugin is not stripping out the hidden character's from the name. I seem to recall some other plugins having a similar issue.

Last edited:
Looks like the plugin is not stripping out the hidden character's from the name. I seem to recall some other plugins having a similar issue.
No, it does that - except obviously not the right way. It's just the commonly available public stuff. I'll get it fixed up, and post back when update is done.

htw

No problem. Merry Christmas. Thanks for the efforts.

Any progress here? Seemed to be ok for a time but started doing it again.

Hmm, thought it was gtg, little bugger - I'll look into it again.

htw

Still appears to be the case, though only on some of my characters for some reason.

If it helps, for some reason if I type /melee load, the very first buff request will work just fine. Then it defaults back to saying they aren't in zone and ignoring buff request.

Last edited:
I finally chased it down. Sorry to take so long, kept getting bumped down the list. ;)

Update via loader and give it a shot.

htw

Everything appears to be working great now. Tested it on all my characters for a while.

Really appreciate it! This plugin is a lifesaver when I box a lot of buffers for raids.

Just wanted to say this still works great. Thanks