Present Ideas For Graf

I was thinking of putting a letter in the box of goodies that says,

Dr. MR. GM Graf,

Some friends put this small package together for you to show how much we appriciate you being a fair GM. You have banned some of us, suspended some of us, but never the less you have been in our eyes a level headed fair GM. I hope this token of our gratitude is preceived the way we intended it which is just to say thanks for everything.

Sincerly,
Your friends at MMObugs.com, except those who felt that you would be offended or get in trouble at MMobugs.com

Necroman

not banned or suspended, yet.

"And just straightened out messes that no other GM would/could for us."

I tend to think anything that says who it's from or the site in particular would be a huge mistake. It would be viewed either as a bribe, or a slap in the face / insult along the line of "Thanks for being so incompetent at your job we MQers can get caught with cheating and still not be banned!"

No, anything that draws more attention to MQ2 or mmobugs would be bad.

If you want to say something then put:

"In Recognition of your devotion to fair and courteous customer service"

That can be read as from anybody who got decent service from him, MQ users or not.

Also I doubt he's a GM, he's the manager of their Customer service department, the folks who answer phones and emails and such. He doesn't ban or suspend anyone or fix messes other GM's wouldn't fix. GM's are the ones who work on in game issues. He's the one we email to review and he decides whether to give the benefit of the doubt & believe us when we say it was a friend/cousin/brother/hacker who used our accounts like that and can we please have it back. I doubt he even plays the game or has that much technical knowledge about it, he just reads reports that say "so&so user petitioned and found to be warping 6 bazillion times" and makes a decision. He simply upholds or reverses the decisions made by others for bannings or suspensions. That's the way I see it anyway. I may be wrong, but i've not heard of him being in game or whichever GM char is his, if any.

Or maybe I'm just jaded and cynical /shrug.

I tend to think anything that says who it's from or the site in particular would be a huge mistake. It would be viewed either as a bribe, or a slap in the face / insult along the line of "Thanks for being so incompetent at your job we MQers can get caught with cheating and still not be banned!"

No, anything that draws more attention to MQ2 or mmobugs would be bad.

If you want to say something then put:

"In Recognition of your devotion to fair and courteous customer service"

That can be read as from anybody who got decent service from him, MQ users or not.

/agree with Valen

Matt

if someone wants top type up a letter i will glady copy and paste it and mail it out. if not then i will just use what i wrote. I need a final letter by sunday night as i will be UPSing it out monday morning.

Necroman

I like the idea of sending it from a group of EQ players, not so much mmobugs.com since that would kinda point them to us :p

willin to donate

Kodilynn send me a adress to my private message so i can donate i can do money order prob not to much since i lost job but willin to part with few $.

Yaa favorite broke SHAMAN

I would contact Fry for that... he's heading this up and I believe the gifts are already taken care of...

If you think Dean Graf doesn't know who or what MMOBugs is, you've gotta be crazy. He's sure as hell been to the macroquest2.com page, and due to our "Copyright Violations", we were posted on their front page for some time. (Although that somehow slipped to me personally)..

On that note, I do think flaunting it in his face is somewhat childish, but a signature to MMOBugs isn't hardly flaunting. I wouldn't do something like "Hahaha! We feel sorry for you" or "This is to leave us alone" or anything. A simple "we at MMOBugs respect you" type message I think is tactful and will probably be well received.

Dean doesn't like us, or any cheaters. But being in the business that he's in, he has to respect the community aspect of it, and the fact that due to this site, 100's of accounts are still active that otherwise would not be. Not that money is the driving factor with his job.. His job is all about balance. Just because we give him a respectful gift, I don't think he's gonna turn his focus on knocking us down, nor do I think he'd cut us any slack. As Fry said, it is that time of year, and although none of us want to meet the man in game, he does seem to be a very level headed guy with dedication to his work.

Just make sure it's obvious in the letter that there are no strings attached and that it's a simple show of respect from us to him, nothing more..

My 2cents anyway. :)

Shouldnt you buy a EQ GM a WoW Tshirt, cap and other merchandise?

Psch and fry read what i wrote above and let me know if thats ok. to me it reads exactly how psyc describes

Necroman

BE nice to MR GRAF

he is the lead gm it says so in the email he sent me , dont know if anyone else had that mentioned to them , But yes he is a GM dont make any mistake about it. He is a nice damn guy he went way out of his way to fix some problems for me once I did get my account back.

and were not flaunting or expecting anything in return so i say go for it , for all you know hes already a member on this site LOL :eek:

Heres my attempt. Feel free to edit it or offer suggestions. I can't accept anymore donations for this anymore. Everything's set and ready to go. The real debate at this time is do we sign it from mmobugs or don't sign it at all. (Btw no coffee mug or anything linked to mmobugs in the gifts..I like the WoW suggestion though, wished it was suggested sooner)

---------
Dear Mr Graf,

Our community would like to thank you and all your co-workers for the time and effort you’ve put into the game EverQuest. Most of us would have never believed in our wildest dreams we would still be enjoying EverQuest after this many years. Let the staff know we all appreciate the dedication they still put towards the game in helping keep it alive and fresh for such a long time. We look forward to what the future holds for EverQuest.

We also would like to wish you, your co-workers and all your family the very best for this holiday season and hope you have a very happy new year. Enclosed are a few small Christmas gifts for yourself from our community to show you that people do cares about the effort you put into your job.

Thanks again from everyone at MMOBugs.
------------

I'm still not 100% sure about the last line.

necroman, you need to take pictures before you send it please for us to see.

Feedback?

Last edited:
ok i will take the pics tomorrow when i get to wpork and upload them.

Necroman

am i missing the post where we have his address. someone either post it pr pm me where im supposed to ups this package.

Necroman

i have no idea how to rezie pics for posting so if someone else wants to feel free but here are pics of what we bought and sent.

Necroman

Attachments

• GM gift 001.jpg
    GM gift 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • GM gift 002.jpg
    GM gift 002.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 48
  • GM gift 004.jpg
    GM gift 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
haha that is awesome, wish i saw this thread a long time ago i woulda donated for sure. He hasn't really done anything for me but i know he is a nice guy and has helped lots of friends.

am i missing the post where we have his address. someone either post it pr pm me where im supposed to ups this package.

Necroman

nice work Necroman!

I didn't post it publicly to maintain his privacy...

pm incoming...

Very nice Necroman! I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall to see his reaction when he opens the package.....