Prepaid VISA and SoE

pullzem

Reaction score
Don't make the same mistake I did and try to use prepaid VISA cards you buy at the drugstore, to perform character transfers with SoE. I thought I'd do the transfer myself on an account I bought the other day, thinking if I used this type of CC it wouldn't be traced to me so the process would go through easily.

My first mistake was seeing that the cost to move a character is $50 so I only bought a $50 VISA...doh...SoE sends that damn $1 preauth charge to test the validity of a CC and that knocked the balance down to $49, so when the message came back that it was declined by my CC company I blamed myself. So I go back and buy a $100 VISA and smiled as I again entered all the information to do the transfer, when BAM! again with the decline. Since SoE was wanting billing information, I had entered everything from the last billing on the account..even found a phone number in their city to enter for the night time number on the form. I went thru the process again and clicked and was declined, again.

Since SoE doesn't send you an email for this type of decline, I phoned the CC company and was told that SoE is wanting a verification of address during their submission and since the prepaid CC doesn't store any personal data, they decline. He said there's nothing they can do so now I'm stuck with $150 worth of prepaid VISA's :)

Not really stuck :) They're still good to use everywhere else. Use em at the grocery store or anywhere else you shop in person

Yeah, that's what the customer service guy said...he also said that most online purchases won't work with them because of the lack of a billing address. I used some of it with food delivery today, at least :)

I have done a few xfers with prepaids for friends, never had a problem just called sony CS and verified everything with them first, they sent me an email and poof. done.

go to advanced america get a prepaid visa, log online to their site on the back of the card and change the address I do that all the time.

i use a western union prepayed master card for years now to pay for my accounts. ive bought sold server moved you name it with out any trouble

Green Dot or First Estate are also good cards. Prepaid and refillable. And you get a card issued in your name. I used both for forever. Great for everything save car rentals.

But I don't think those are the same kind of cards Pullz is talking about. If I'm not mistaken he bought the ones that are fixed value. More like a prepaid phone card. Cause they're transferable they don't associate with a name and address, which is what 99% of the on line companies look for

In order to transfer a toon from one account to the other, do both accounts have to have the same ORIGINAL billing info/email or just the current info the same?

Double check the information and small print for the prepaid card. One the cardboard covering of the pp cards I have purchased it identifies a website you can log on to enter an address as well as check the balance. It states that you need to do this in order for most Internet purchases to go through. Once entered, you can change the address as much as you want.

This was and allaccessgift card

I went and entered the original account holder's information and the transfer went through. This was a while ago, but it worked for me.

Draco, just gotta match the current billing.

Wow, thanks for all the info on other generic cards I could use to do this transfer. The cards I bought at the drugstore from a rack do have fixed balances and their cardboard cover said I'd have to enter a name/address in order to use some internet sites...however, they discontinued that service. I guess if I hadn't opened both I could claim false representation and claimed a refund.

I bought an acct on druzzil with 6 characters on it...all geared and above 62 but all I wanted was the 78 beastlord. I stripped everything off the other 5 alts, even removing don augs and selling em back or to get a tradeable item the augs were on. The guy said I should be able to do it if I did it before changing the billing to mine or the email to mine. I did setup a new email on yahoo in case SoE sent something I needed to address. The guy is from Mexico and I don't think I could call CS like Smarty said to work out details over the phone ahead of time. I'm sure they have Caller-ID or as I was thinking...what if they said, let me call you back...and I couldn't give them a Houston number...lol.

It's a 7-year account and the guy is the original owner...after these failures, I was going to ask him if I could pay him another $50 and have him do it. I had suggested that when I bought it but he said he didn't really want to be bothered, since he thought I should be able to do it myself and that's why I've been trying it.

I'll try one of those other places suggested since this account is active until the 27th of May. I'll just spend these down on groceries and stuff...not like it's fake money :)

Oh yeah, this guy was a LoN freak...he had dragon familiars, hulcror familiars, other familiars and mounts...dozens of clickies...the Beast has a unique title from LoN and some clicky that reduces his aggro by 5000 for an hour's duration. Sadly, I had to leave all those cool familiars and mounts behind on the stripped alts.

Draco, just gotta match the current billing.
Names and DOB have to match if you're switching accounts. Basically the original info. Billing only has to match the current info but the auto system will kick it out if the original name and DOB doesn't match.

To move server to server it doesn't have to match anything but current billing

My idea was right...I had the current billing information and entered it for the prepaid card, not knowing that SoE was going to want the CC company to verify. One thing I wondered about after the declines on the 2 cards...do you think SoE stores the CC#'s of all attempts, for future comparison purposes?

My idea was right...I had the current billing information and entered it for the prepaid card, not knowing that SoE was going to want the CC company to verify. One thing I wondered about after the declines on the 2 cards...do you think SoE stores the CC#'s of all attempts, for future comparison purposes?
I doubt it

I think there's some kind of privacy laws about storing CC info. To say nothing of the headaches it would create - Your CC company declines the charge (Or Visa/MC themselves) not SoE So storing every declined card would be a nightmare. I know I for one have inadvertently caused my own cards to be declined by making a typo in the zip code or CCID number.

Regarding the Visa/MC identity verification process: Name and street address doesn't matter. Visa and MC are transferable so you can put Santa Claus as your name, and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue as your address. It will clear as long as the zip code is the same as the one your bank knows for your account.

So you can put the original owner's name and billing address on the transfer request, with your own billing zip code, and the charge will go through.

So you can put the original owner's name and billing address on the transfer request, with your own billing zip code, and the charge will go through.

But in this case it wouldn't work cause my zip code and the last one used by the prior owner are quite different, since you said the auto system checks that.

But I get what you mean about the rest of the info being inconsequential as long as the zip code matches up.

I'm gonna try one of those other recommended cards where I can setup the billing address so it'll match and the transfer will happen. Been a week now with that beastlord just sitting on his current server holding 24 full bags of items stripped off the other 5 alts. Plus I spent all his money buying things in their bazaar that are super cheap compared to Maelin...I think we're the rich side of town...lol.

SONY isn't the one approving the billing. Visa (or MC) is. The system I was referring to wasn't SONY's, but Visa's. Sony matches names and DoB n the 2 accts (assuming you're transferring tween accounts) If you're just server transferring they look at the names on the card and the account. So as long as your CC provider likes what you've put down you should have no problems.

As far as Sony is concerned the address and zip code means nothing. The only reason you want to use the same address is for MANUAL transfers - where an agent actually looks at it. And even then it doesn't really matter. For the automated system it definitely doesn't matter. People move all the time - SoE is realistic enough to realize that CC numbers change, addresses change.

Ahhh....now the guy's statement in his email to me is starting to make sense. This is what he told me but I didn't know it could work...

That sounds great, If you want though you can change the source credit card to yours and the zip code to yours when you get the info then you should be able to do the transfer yourself

So, what you and he are saying is that I could go into the account, change the CC to my real one (even though it's registered to my name/address), change the zip code on the account to match mine and everything will do it's thing?

So, what you and he are saying is that I could go into the account, change the CC to my real one (even though it's registered to my name/address), change the zip code on the account to match mine and everything will do it's thing?
Yup. Exactly.

Since you're using the same account and just server moving just do what he says: Set the country to US/US$, your email, and add your CC as a payment source. Leave his name and put your address and zip (Since he's in Mexico, you want a US address) Then use the auto system and it should work.