Post your Holyshits and Downshits!

Morx,

I don't think you need to specify combat state in a holyshit. By definition, holyshits only fire during combat. Downshits only fire when out of combat. Unless something has changed in MQ2Melee I don't know about.

need a bit of help on those 2 downshits:

Code:
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Efficiency Awareness VI].Stacks[2]} && !${Me.Buff[Efficiency Awareness VI].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI" |item

downshit6=/if (${Spell[Shield of Dreams].Stacks[2]} && !${Me.Buff[Shield of Dreams].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Glowing Gossamer Robe (Ready)" |item

both dont fire, sadly i cannot find the reason why not.... (toon is an enc that has a "shield of dreams rk. ii" spell too which works on buffing)

tanks

Last edited:
need a bit of help on those 2 downshits:

Code:
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Efficiency Awareness VI].Stacks[2]} && !${Me.Buff[Efficiency Awareness VI].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI" |item

downshit6=/if (${Spell[Shield of Dreams].Stacks[2]} && !${Me.Buff[Shield of Dreams].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Glowing Gossamer Robe (Ready)" |item

both dont fire, sadly i cannot find the reason why not.... (toon is an enc that has a "shield of dreams rk. ii" spell too which works on buffing)

tanks
Looks ok to me, except the df6, with the item name including (Ready). Assuming the stacks test is passing? You have downflag3=1 and downflag6=1 set for mq2melee?

You can always echo each part, to see which is failing.

Example:
/echo ${Spell[Efficiency Awareness VI].Stacks[2]}
/echo ${Me.Buff[Efficiency Awareness VI].ID}
/echo ${Me.Moving}
/echo ${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]}
/echo ${Me.Invis}

and also verifying it casts properly, with the command you have in the ini:
/casting "Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI" |item

htw

Looks ok to me, except the df6, with the item name including (Ready). Assuming the stacks test is passing? You have downflag3=1 and downflag6=1 set for mq2melee?

You can always echo each part, to see which is failing.

Example:
/echo ${Spell[Efficiency Awareness VI].Stacks[2]}
/echo ${Me.Buff[Efficiency Awareness VI].ID}
/echo ${Me.Moving}
/echo ${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151]}
/echo ${Me.Invis}

and also verifying it casts properly, with the command you have in the ini:
/casting "Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI" |item

htw
Also, you can check them like this, to see which isn't coming up for you properly:

/echo ${meleemvs[downshit3]}
/echo ${meleemvs[downshit6]}

If you use a downshitif, you can check that too (it will need to show true (or non-zero) in order to pass):

/echo ${meleemvs[downshitif]}

You can also see it pretty eash, by doing:

/echo ${meleemvse[downshit3]}

htw

ive read and re read last few pages addressing chanter auras (all really)

and its the only class i cant get going right (even have clerics that can keep up and not spam 2 auras but for the life of me chanter just wont work

pretty pls does anyone have 2 chanter auras that are currently working as downflags one has mana reiterate other does not

Not exactly what you are asking for, but Aura.inc has the example that i use for handling enc double aura.

Basically:

/if (!${Me.AuraInfo[2].ID} && ${Me.AuraInfo[1].NotEqual[Mana Recursion Aura Rk. II]} && !${Me.Song[Mana Reiteration II].ID}) /casting "Mana Reiteration Aura Rk. II"

Then do the same thing for your other aura name, song icon name, and spell name.

Code:
/if (!${Me.AuraInfo[2].ID} && ${Me.AuraInfo[1].NotEqual[Mana Recursion Aura Rk. II]} && !${Me.Song[Mana Reiteration II].ID}) /casting "Mana Reiteration Aura Rk. II"

tried making it a down flag didnt fire for me didnt fire

i want to be able to make downflags for reiterration, twincast or learner's aura mostly and then just turn off one of depending who im grping with

oh, i typed that manually. but umm youd need to specify a gem number too

Could someone help me out with Champion's Aura in a Downshit please, I had one working once but with some past changes it does not work now.

thanks

Code:
downshit3=/if (!${Me.Song[Champion's Aura Effect].ID} && !${SpawnCount[NPC radius 30 zradius 10]} && ${Me.PctEndurance}>30 && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /disc Champion's Aura

Please to share how! My cleric embarrasses me with his spam to the point I've just turned it off totally
What do you have that spams you, I can hook you up. hehe. :)

htw
It keeps trying to cast Circle of Divinity and Aura of the Pious over and over until I turn /melee off. For some reason it doesn't recognize that the auras are already up.

Either that or they show in the Aura window and not in the Songs window (and vice versa).

Either way he casts non stop
Code:
downshit3=/if (${Spell[Circle of Divinity].Stacks} && !${Me.Song[Divinity Effect].ID} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Combat} && !${Me.Moving}&& !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}) /Casting "Circle of Divinity" gem12
downshit4=/if (${Spell[Aura of the Pious].Stacks} && !${Me.Song[Aura of the pious effect].ID} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Combat} && !${Me.Moving}&& !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}) /Casting "Aura of the Pious" gem12
I currently have the 2 downshits turned off so that he doesn't have those red letter MQ2's on his back 'cuz no way in hell does a player cast like that :p

Last edited:
2 down flags and my if statement covering ALL downflags

Code:
downshit1=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Spell[Aura of the Pious].Stacks[1]} && !(${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Aura of the Pious]} || ${Me.Aura[2].Equal[Aura of the Pious]})) /casting "Aura of the Pious" gem12
downshit2=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Spell[Circle of Divinity].Stacks[1]}  && !(${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Circle of Divinity]} || ${Me.Aura[2].Equal[Circle of Divinity]})) /casting "Circle of Divinity Rk. II" gem12
downshitif=${If[${Zone.ID}!=345 && ${Zone.ID}!=344 && ${Zone.ID}!=202 && ${Zone.ID}!=151 && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID},1,0]}

Last edited:
Red Dog,

yours wouldnt work because you have typos and never actually check for Me.Aura stuff. All variables/spells are case sensitive.

Theres always 100 different ways to do anything in mq2, and enc/clr and to lesser extent bard are all problem children for doing auras the easy way. One thing I would suggest when making downshits/holyshits/macros/whatever is to keep it as simple yet flexible as possible so you dont have to mess around with it all the time. Dealings example is pretty clean and he leaves all the overlapping details in downshitif statement.

if you want to play around with declaring global variables in your config files and maybe an mq2event entry here and there, you can actually automate a character without using macros and only via holyshits/downshits. i had all my tanks 99% running through holyshits/downshits at one point and they did pretty much everything i could hope for in a macro.

anyway, keep it simple and error check your holyshits by copy and pasting your line of code into eq by
/echo line of code

it will evaluate the line of code and show you what, if anything, is wrong.

Ok. I had copy/pasted the 'shits I'm using from ones posted here.

I'm not good at writing code so 90% of my ini files have been cobbled together from snippets I found posted here or in the various WIKI entries and have been copied/pasted from one toon to another, editing as needed. I'm sure their integrity has degraded considerably with each copy/paste/edit I've done :p

For the most part, they work well enough. My melee toons are all automated via Down and Holy shits. I point them in the right direction and Melee does the rest for me. The cleric and shaman not so much but thats as much by choice as the fact that my 'shits and flags are screwed up.

I cleaned up my current 'shits to remove the redundancy and put in the downshitif that Dealings posted
Code:
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Form of Endurance VIII].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Endurance VIII].ID}) /casting 121211|Face
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Knowledge of the Past VIII].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Knowledge of the Past VIII].ID}) /casting "Ring of Flowing Mana"
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Expanding Mind V].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Expanding Mind V].ID}) /casting "Cinch of the Deepest Waters"
downshit3=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Spell[Aura of the Pious].Stacks[1]} && !(${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Aura of the Pious]} || ${Me.Aura[2].Equal[Aura of the Pious]})) /casting "Aura of the Pious" gem12
downshit4=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Spell[Circle of Divinity].Stacks[1]}  && !(${Me.Aura[1].Equal[Circle of Divinity]} || ${Me.Aura[2].Equal[Circle of Divinity]})) /casting "Circle of Divinity Rk. III" gem12
downshit5=/if (${Spell[Familiar: Emerald Sokokar].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Familiar: Emerald Sokokar].ID} && !${Me.Moving}) /casting 79697|item
downshit6=/if (${Spell[Dreamcatcher Nimbus].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Dreamcatcher Nimbus].ID}) /casting "Dreamcatcher Nimbus"
downshit7=/if (${Spell[Illusion: Fier'Dal].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Illusion: Fier'Dal].ID}) /casting "Crown of Deceit"
downshit8=/if (${Spell[Prismatic Ward VI].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Prismatic Ward VI].ID}) /casting "Glowing Amethyst Shard"
downshitif=${If[${Zone.ID}!=345 && ${Zone.ID}!=344 && ${Zone.ID}!=202 && ${Zone.ID}!=151 && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID},1,0]}
holyshit0=/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Cast.Ready[Lucid Blessedbond Brestplate]} ) /casting 121413|Chest
Can you see anything there now that needs fixing? I think I caught the typos and case sensitive errors but another set of eyes looking it over is never a bad thing :eek:

can anyone help me out id like to make a holy flag for:

when I disc Deflection and Im using a 2hder to make sure to swap to 1hs + shield

problem w a hotkey i made is this

/disc deflection
bandolier shield set up
attack mob
(i have melee set up for meleepri =2hder

so as soon as i get on next mob it ditches the shield

what id like is to equip a shield ONLY when Im using deflection

can anyone help me out id like to make a holy flag for:

when I disc Deflection and Im using a 2hder to make sure to swap to 1hs + shield

problem w a hotkey i made is this

/disc deflection
bandolier shield set up
attack mob
(i have melee set up for meleepri =2hder

so as soon as i get on next mob it ditches the shield

what id like is to equip a shield ONLY when Im using deflection
Maybe something like this. Can play with them some, to see what you need. The XX's would need to be your appropriate item ID's. You could also make them holyshits as well as downshits, if needed. Then your hotkey would be just:

/disc deflection
attack mob

Code:
downshit5=/if (${Melee.DiscID}==4590 && !${Melee.AggroMode}) /multiline ; /melee meleepri=XX meleesec=0 ; /bando activate shield
downshit6=/if (${Melee.DiscID}==4590 && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /multiline  ; /melee aggropri=XX aggrosec=0 ; /bando activate shield
downshit7=/if (${Melee.DiscID}!=4590 && !${Melee.AggroMode}) /multiline  ; /melee meleepri=XX meleesec=XX ; /bando activate whatever
downshit8=/if (${Melee.DiscID}!=4590 && ${Melee.AggroMode}) /multiline  ; /melee aggropri=XX aggrosec=XX ; /bando activate whatever

Last edited:
i been a total retard since got a modest 2hder

im like wtf sony broke deflection

then i ask a few friends and their like , are u using a shield (always used to)

DOOOH