Post your Holyshits and Downshits!

With the holyflags and downflags i dont really understand any of that stuff yet. Im still just trying to figure out on the macro programming. And didnt know if was a way to make just class threads for these too. Ill start reading back few pages. It just would take to long to read all these post with everything going on is why asked. Any help on what other ber do would be great. If you do have thing all set up already then PM me and maybe can ask there.

I know that there was a template posted for a lot of things many many pages back. Some of the more complicated stuff requries some ingenuity though.

I'll try and find you some templates and post them as an edit to this post.

downshit0=/if (${Spell[Taelosian Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Taelosian Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Band of Subterfuge"
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Form of Defense VII].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Defense VII].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Redeye"
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Geomantra V].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Geomantra V].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "stasis-shard"
downshit3=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Bloodlust Aura]} && !${Me.Aura[Bloodlust Aura].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /Disc Bloodlust Aura
downshit4=/if (${Spell[Call of Sky].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Call of Sky].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Orb of the Sky"
downshit5=/if (${Spell[Illusionary Spikes I].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Illusionary Spikes I].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Bladetwisting Backplate"
downshit6=/if (${Spell[Savage Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Savage Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Quickened Platinum Earcowl"
downshit7=/if (${Spell[Miraculous Visions].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Miraculous Visions].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Jymall's Gloves of Frenzy"
downshit8=/if (${Spell[Familiar: Blunt Force].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Familiar: Blunt Force].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Blunt Force"
downshit9=/if (${Spell[Familiar: Lesser Earth Elemental].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Familiar: Lesser Earth Elemental].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Minor Stone of Summoning:Earth"
holyshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Eradicator's Volley RK. III]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>1) /Disc Eradicator's Volley Rk. III
holyshit1=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Overpowering Frenzy RK. III]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>1) /Disc Overpowering Frenzy RK. III
holyshit2=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Combat Frenzy RK. III]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>1 && ${Me.PctHPs}<89) /Disc Combat Frenzy RK. III
holyshit3=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[Cry Havoc]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>1 && !${Me.Song[Cry Havoc].ID} /Disc Cry Havoc

This the ones I posted a while back, i know I have a lot more now that go a bit more in depth.

Below is a quick example of how to set up a clicky to autocast to keep the buff active without you messing with it. You will need an empty top level inventory slot and ~~ /plugin mq2cast ~~ ~~ /plugin mq2exchange ~~ if I recall correctly.

The way the holyshit/downshit works is you have a flag for holy/down that is set for each one. So if you have downshit1, downshit2, downshit2 and holyshit1, holyshit2, holyshit3, then you will also need downflag1=1/0 (1 being on and 0 being off) etc for each one.

[MQ2Melee]
Holyflag0=1
Holyflag1=1
Holyflag2=1
Holyflag3=0
Downflag0=1
Downflag1=1
Downflag2=1
Downflag3=0

meaning that holyshit0-2 is on and holyshit3 is off and Downshit0-2 is on and Downshit3 is off.

downshit0=/if (${Spell[Taelosian Guard].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Taelosian Guard].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Band of Subterfuge"

The above downshit auto casts my Taelosian Guard buff from my Band of Subterfuge ring. to convert this to any other item for casting that buffs to your regular spell buff slot you simply remove the buff name from the stack check, the check to see if you have it by ID and change the /casting "Band of Subterfuge" to the item you want. Be sure to use the """""""" marks on either side of the item name.

Another example would be if you have your Planes of Power armor clickies such as my Berserker does the gloves for clicky haste then it would be as follows

downshit7=/if (${Spell[Miraculous Visions].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Miraculous Visions].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Jymall's Gloves of Frenzy"

Here is an EMPTY template for you to use for any clickie that gives you a standard buff.

downflag0=1
downshit0=/if (Spell[].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[].ID} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting ""

Here is an Empty template for you to use for Combat Ability

Holyflag0=1
holyshit0=/if (${Me.CombatAbilityReady[]} && ${Target.PctHPs}>1 && !${Me.Buff[].ID} /Disc

at the end of each of these you have /disc or /casting or something of this type. This is where you are putting what you want to happen if all things come back TRUE

/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Savage Spirit]} && (${Target.PctHPs}<97) && !${Target.Type.Equal[Corpse]} && !${Me.AltAbilityReady[Vehement Rage]}) /casting "Savage Spirit" |alt

Something to that effect. I'll be headed to my room here shortly and I'll pull up my Full INI verify everything works and post it again minus the clickies because I've given you a template for that.

These lines will not automatically be in your INI for your character and will NEED TO BE ADDED.

The easiest way to learn code is to look at code. Everything you see is almost like talking unless you get into the more complicated ones that declare variables and give the user option to input their own parameters

Like for instance, the last line of code I posted above says that if my AA Savage Spirit is ready to use and my target has less than 97% hps and my target is -not- a corpse (the !!!!!'s say NOT whatever the command is. and My AA Vehement Rage is NOT ready (meaning it got pressed) then I want to click my Savage Spirit AA. This way it stacks with my Vehement Rage. That is an example of how it is simply read. You might also ONLY want to do this if your endurance is over a certain amount. Simple after the last && add
Code:
(${Me.PctEndurance}>45) &&

There are ways to find the information you need on this site also. Things like the Wiki for MQ2 which tell you a lot of information. So feel free to explore the wiki. If you don't know some information about a certain plugin goto the wiki and find the plugin you have questions about. If you STILL have questions (as there is usually examples) then please ask and most would be happy to help. But if you come in here and just say that your to lazy to spend the time looking through the thread and you haven't bothered to learn the code and u just want someone to do the bulk of the work then it might not always go well. Good luck.

Last edited:
I agree this thread can be a little intimidating but it's well worth the effort to peruse. I held off using holyshits and downshits for a long time but now that I use them I regret missing out for so long.

All I did was go thru all these pages copying and then pasting every holyshit and downshit into one large text file. Then I just do a search on relevant terms to locate samples that are useful to me.

Yeah, it takes a bit of work but once I've got the master text file to search, it's quick and I've incorporated probably several dozen into my various toons ini files.

While people here will do a lot for ya sometimes ya have to do some stuff for yourself! ;)

shit HTW i knew about the withstand but not the withstandif one.... that will make life simpler... let me try that and see what i get

If you really wanted to hook people up you'd upload that file :)

I agree this thread can be a little intimidating but it's well worth the effort to peruse. I held off using holyshits and downshits for a long time but now that I use them I regret missing out for so long.

All I did was go thru all these pages copying and then pasting every holyshit and downshit into one large text file. Then I just do a search on relevant terms to locate samples that are useful to me.

Yeah, it takes a bit of work but once I've got the master text file to search, it's quick and I've incorporated probably several dozen into my various toons ini files.

While people here will do a lot for ya sometimes ya have to do some stuff for yourself! ;)

I could and maybe will... once I check that it doesn't contain any info identifying my toons. ;)

Thanks for the info. Will give me a good starting point. I got overwhelmed with the macro stuff and couldnt even wrap my mind around this stuff. But i think i can start now after that explaination. Thanks all that replied. Was very helpfull. Still be kinda nice to have class threads tho. But that would probaly take to much work to do with this many post already.

Would be cool if we could leave this thread open for questions and stuff, but make class-specific threads with nothing but working examples.

I do not keep my buffs up all the time so the group buffs will only cast when I change my spell set. I get a little notice in the mq2chat window that basically says can't mem spell and that works fine for me!

at the end of the flag add gem# and it will mem it for you

Would different classes want to start each class thread and have them sticky it. I will start the ber one if ppl want.

I just dont want to start something that wont be used any. But if it will be used then ill start least one for ber.

Discipline context.

OK I'm trying to clean up some holy's and i want to tweak my Cala's on monk to only fire when Heel has been activated, any help would be appreciated. Here is what i got so far, I've played with a few variations and cant seem to get the "disc in use" synax right.

holyshit0=/if (${Me.discipline[Heel of Kanji]}) && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Calanin's Synergy]}) /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III

holyshit1=/if (${Target.BuffDuration[Calanin's Synergy Effect]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Stunning Kick]}) /aa act Stunning Kick

Thanks..

Would different classes want to start each class thread and have them sticky it. I will start the ber one if ppl want.

That is a great idea

I've actually already started a Berzerker Class thread for Holyshits/Downshits.

On a side note. I ran into a bit of a hiccup with my bard when attempting to do holyshits/downshits. Due to /twist # # # # # having my bard in a constant state of ${Me.Casting} I cannot get him to fire off specific AA's or click items based on a holyshit/downshit.

Selo's Sonata is an AA. When attempting to set up as a downshit (to always keep it up and spam the shit out of me when indoors) It doesn't fire unless I /twist end.

/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Selo's Sonata]} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Selo's Sonata" |Alt

does not fire when set up as a holyshit/downshit because of this. When /twist end is given the downshit fires. Is there a way to do either of these whilst casting? If no, then bards get the shaft on this deal lol.

Also I've noticed that
/if (${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fading Memories]} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.PctHPs}<30) /multiline ; /timed 2 ; /twist end ; /timed 1 ; /Casting "Fading Memories" |Alt

woks fairly well.

So whats the issue, assuming this was generalized for all casters as a built in check....there for Characters that ~Cant cast mooving

Thanks advance for any help!

Last edited:
Under your bard, there should be a beta flag for mq2melee. You can try that. I never got much feedback on it, so never implemented it beyond beta (or worked on it further).

htw

Under your bard, there should be a beta flag for mq2melee. You can try that. I never got much feedback on it, so never implemented it beyond beta (or worked on it further).

htw

Not completely sure I understood that lol. Do I need to download a BETA version of MQ2Melee to get this functional? And what would the flag for the bard be? /melee bard=1 possibily? Thanks for the responce.

was wondering a couple things on my shaman ive been stumped on...

first one is for the life of me i cant get him to trigger his epic ( tried in the past useing the ID number for the cast and then went to name with no success ) here is what i got atm

holyshit5=/if (${Spell[Gift of the Ruchu].Stacks} && !${Me.Song[Gift of the Ruchu].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /casting "Blessed Spiritstaff of the Heyokah" |mainhand

also the second thing was i have talisman of the lynx in a holyflag and for some odd reason it will only cast it when i turn on auto attack ( all the others work fine )

this is the code i got for that

holyshit3=/if (!${Me.Buff[Talisman of the Lynx].ID} && ${Cast.Ready[Talisman of the Lynx]} && !${Me.Invis} ) /Casting "Talisman of the Lynx"

just a side note these problems were well before the newest expansion problems so no worries there ( and am very happy to say that aside from not wanting to attempt a from the bags clicky it all seems to work perfectly like before )

thank you for your time

Isn't it "Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu", not just "Gift of the Ruchu"??

Type: /echo ${Spell[Gift of the Ruchu].ID}
and: /echo ${Spell[Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu].ID}

Also, holyshits are only for mq2melee 'combat' mode, so it's normal they don't fire except when you turn on attack. You can always turn off melee mode (/melee melee=off save), and then use the mq2melee engage key (default is z) to start 'combat' mode.

htw

OK I'm trying to clean up some holy's and i want to tweak my Cala's on monk to only fire when Heel has been activated, any help would be appreciated. Here is what i got so far, I've played with a few variations and cant seem to get the "disc in use" synax right.

holyshit0=/if (${Me.discipline[Heel of Kanji]}) && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Calanin's Synergy]}) /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III

holyshit1=/if (${Target.BuffDuration[Calanin's Synergy Effect]} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Stunning Kick]}) /aa act Stunning Kick

Thanks..

Never used this with MQ2Melee, but I did have a monk set up in modbot and one of the preconditions Checks I had before he would activate certain abilities was this :
Code:
/if ({Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Equal[''Heel of Kanji'']})
So maybe try the following :
Code:
/if ({Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Equal[''Heel of Kanji'']}) && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Calanin's Synergy]}) /disc Calanin's Synergy Rk. III

On a side note, to keep my monkeys aura up all the time I did use this Holy/downshit and it works like a charm :)
Code:
downshit1=/if (${Spell[Master's Aura].Stacks[0]} && !${Me.Aura[Master's Aura].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /disc Master's Aura
holyshit1=/if (${Spell[Master's Aura].Stacks[0]} && !${Me.Aura[Master's Aura].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis}) /disc Master's Aura

Don't know if that helps at all.

For the clickies on my main, I really hated it when she would cast after dying or during combat/raid (even though its a downshit, I never really turn on 'attack' so my downshits would go off at the worst times, which really got in the way since she's a healer). So I use the following to avoid those problems:
Code:
downshit2=/if (${Spell[Form of Endurance VI].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Form of Endurance VI].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Raid.Members}>0 && ${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[Combat]} && !${Zone.Name.Equal[Guild Hall]} && !${Zone.Name.Equal[Guild Lobby]}) /casting 110038|range

Last edited:
So.... holyshits and downshits are working again?

I shut all mine down and are scared to turn them on LOL