Possible Idea

Tempest

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey guys was just thinking about something that might be another good perk of being a Lifetime member (or standard of course!)

What are the possibilities/problems with a back up of Macros folder?

I know that I have had issues with loosing some really good macs I wrote due to a crashed drive, and having to re-tweak macros or manually move them is a PITA if you use multiple computers...

How sweet would it be if it was possible to have it auto synced (as optional) to your account so your macros can go with you where ever you hack!

I think he was talking about it being part of the compile as a benefit for being a lifer.

Yep spot on. :)

Having to worry about other programs and stuff waayy too much effort to a habitual lazy hacking gamer...

The main problem is space. The servers hard drives are not huge. With that said I guess we could limit each user to 5mb's and it could be do'able as macros are really not that big.

The main problem is space. The servers hard drives are not huge. With that said I guess we could limit each user to 5mb's and it could be do'able as macros are really not that big.

Or charge a small extra fee for those wishing to participate? Cover the cost of another HD or 2 mebbe.

BB

Send me all your macros, I will keep them safe for you :p

There ya go. Proliferation is your salvation! :cool:

Well as far as that goes, I'm pretty sure there's nowhere as many lifetime members as there are premium members. And a decent portion of the lifers haven't been active in a while. So at most, you may be looking at 2-300 mb of space. But, of course, I don't know how much space you have rented for the site or if the site is being ran from your own server or what not.

If you want it to be lifetime only why not propose it in the lifetime section?

Because this way, we tempt people into buying Lifetime memberships, and with that money, buy bigger HD's ;)

If you want it to be lifetime only why not propose it in the lifetime section?

Think it should be for both groups of people just give lifetime 5mb and premium 1mb. You don't need to keep ALL of your macros backed up. Most probably don't even use 1mb in macros if you remove the default macros include in the compile.

well some people including myself have paid more into MMO than what some lifetime members have. I personally can't pay that much at one time, and since I've been a pre. mem. for so long have no desire to pay that bulk amount. I always find it humorous when a lifetime member from like 2009 has some smart remark cuz I'm not a lifetime member, yet i've paid my dues more than they have. :(

well some people including myself have paid more into MMO than what some lifetime members have. I personally can't pay that much at one time, and since I've been a pre. mem. for so long have no desire to pay that bulk amount. I always find it humorous when a lifetime member from like 2009 has some smart remark cuz I'm not a lifetime member, yet i've paid my dues more than they have. :(

Dude, i was joking! Take several Chill-pills!

Only reason I picked up lifetime when I did is b/c work in my area is very hard to come by and for constant work, even harder. Thankfully, my time at Ft.Knox helped a little so as soon a I got a chance while I was there, I picked up the lifer sub. As is, I have a hard enough time paying for the mmo I choose to play each month as it tends to vary.

Yeah that might be a good idea JJ, 1MB for non lifers and 5MB for lifers.

Would probably be more then enough as I probably have a total of about 30 macs that are not part of the standard compile at about 15kb each. Bugger all space.