P99 Map?

mooseq

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I took out the ";" in the ini file and loaded it through docrack but the map still didn't work. Was it disabled for safety or am I doing something wrong?

I did a search and came up with a thread from almost two years ago that talks about using map through docrack.

Got board and wanted to fart around with my lvl 50s on p99.

Thanks,

Moose

Your account will be banned on that server even just for 'messing around' with MQ2.

I was on there for a while last year with no issues. I guess they beefed up security. I can't play with out a map...bleh...I guess I won't be "messing" around then.

What ever happened to the gui map that runs in a separate process from EQ? What was the name of it? Before the 1st party EQ maps were implemented?

Yes. Really couldn't remember the name--was bothering me. Thanks.

Yes. Really couldn't remember the name--was bothering me. Thanks.

ShowEQ or MySEQ will also get you banned. They cracked down pretty hard on cheaters, and yes there are confirmed incidents of ShowEQ users getting banned.

They can't ban for showeq since it is 100% undetectable.

Is ShowEQ undetectible, truly? Sure, it runs on a separate computer but it does run a packet sniffer---is that undetectible on the Windows system where the P99 client would be running?

Is ShowEQ undetectible, truly? Sure, it runs on a separate computer but it does run a packet sniffer---is that undetectible on the Windows system where the P99 client would be running?

I can't go into too much detail on how it works... but it is detectable.

Not to mention spawn data on P1999 collected would be virtually useless, as it is not the same as EQLive nor EQEmulator.

Last edited:
It is impossible to detect ShowEQ if setup correctly. Not only is it on another computer, but it can be on a computer that has absolutely NO network connection between each other. You use a device with port mirroring to have an exact copy of the network traffic for that machine going to the one with SEQ running on it. Simply put, you cannot detect something you have no access to.

Interesting. I was thinking just of maybe setting up a map function for P99. The easiest way would be to bind the /loc key to your movement keys and then have a separate program read your log file and plot your location on a map drawn using the existing map data for the classic zones. No, this wouldn't show spawns, of course, but it would provide the same map utility as currently exists in Live EQ.

This wouldn't be "detectible", since it wouldn't crack any of P99's data files, it would just read the log file. The "program" could be written in almost anything that could plot points on a display of some sort. I don't think there'd be any "risk" of running it on the same computer where the P99 client resides altho to be really safe it could run on a second system and read the log file over a network connection. A map to assist movement is better than no map at all.

Is ShowEQ undetectible, truly? ...

I can't go into too much detail on how it works... but it is detectable.

Not to mention spawn data on P1999 collected would be virtually useless, as it is not the same as EQLive nor EQEmulator.

When I was using ShowEQ the only thing that was detectable was the user knowing where mobs was. Ie. running straight for spawns/named would give you away.

The major headache was getting a linux distro with all the specific packages and versions, which should be a lot easier today.

Yes, over the years I have become quite dependent on the maps. Using it purely for mapping would be good enough. I've been on another server that's not on the eqemulator.org hosts and I keep having to waste time by running to a wall to find a landmark.

Spawn data wouldn't work initially, but couldn't opcodes be found for that specific server?

Virtualbox + linux would be a good setup to emulate that second machine.

I was thinking of starting on P99. Can you really not use even the passive MQ2?

Yea, I think they keep an eye on your eqgame.exe for any changes that shouldn't be there (ie, when MQ2 latches on). I got showeq running on my linux box, but I don't have the offsets. I was thinking about attempting to decode them. Does anyone have experience with this? It would be my first.

You can get the offsets off of the web site. I got it working fine a month ago.