NoKos question

smason

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Iam jsut wondering what Nokos is, is it the ghost plugin ? Is it a warp or what is it? Just wondering how its seen or if its seen. Thanks.

While I am not familiar with it either, I will assume that it means:

No KOS

so, in other words you aren't KOS, am I right here?

The original No Kos for MQ1 I used never used it for MQ2 tho.

Original NoKos you couldnt attack cast or get real time updates for what you seen(alot like map doesnt show 100% accuracy) You used to be able to die if mobs aggroed you at the point you went NoKoS(Trains what not)

You can kinda refer to it as a ghost plugin, as you are walking around outside your corpse. You could refer to it as a version of the hover feature when you die currently, only you could walk around.

That was the original doubt its changed that much tho.

I have been playing with it some but didnt want to do too much. Iwoudl /nokos then run to where i wanted to be then /nokos off then it woudl move my body to me. I was even able to loot with it on. I was just wondering if it was looked at like ghost server side.

/nokos is a very simplified version of ghost that's built into MMOBugsTools.. It's what it was originally called when I took over the plugin, so I kept the same name.. It's simply a way to explore the zone without agro. When you toggle it on (/nokos) the server will always think you're at that spot, regardless of where you wander. If a mob agros you at your original location, it will kill you. If you toggle it back off (By typing /nokos again) you will "warp" to your current location. If you type "/nokos return" it will return you back to where you turned it on.

It was reciently updated to allow you to loot while nokos is on, but that's the only enhancement to it.

Ok so it is looked at like a warp..

If you do the /nokos return, will it appear that you've warped? Also, if a GM were to enter zone, or anybody for that matter, can they see your "ghost" or do they see you just standing still in a safe spot or something?

ou8122 said:
If you do the /nokos return, will it appear that you've warped? Also, if a GM were to enter zone, or anybody for that matter, can they see your "ghost" or do they see you just standing still in a safe spot or something?

People will see you standing in the spot you started the /nokos command until you turn it off.

It will look like you warped.

Fry.

Fry said:
People will see you standing in the spot you started the /nokos command until you turn it off.

It will look like you warped.

Fry.

Originally if they zoned in after you went /nokos they couldnt see you, atleast untill you moved. Not sure if that is still the case I have not used this version of the plugin.

The old verison of NoKos changed your SpawnID to 0. What this did was send movement packets to the server as an invalid player. The server ignored these packets and you were able to move about at your leisure. Since the server was no longer receiving movement packets from your toon, if someone zoned in after you were NoKos, they wouldn't receive an update to your location, and you wouldn't show up on their client. They nerfed this by adding tethering to it so if your client moved too far away from your last "server" location, the client would pull you back.

The new version simply modifies the existing movement packets and tells the server you're in the location you turned it on. Anyone zoning in should see you standing still in that location.

If it keeps sending correct packets at your current location, as long as you don't turn nokos off before returning to your original position, there is no way anyone can detect it right ?

fefe said:
If it keeps sending correct packets at your current location, as long as you don't turn nokos off before returning to your original position, there is no way anyone can detect it right ?

Correct.

fefe said:
I would say theoretically that is correct. In all honostly no one knows what SOE can detect. They may be able to detect MQ2 but no one knows it or not.

For that they would need to collect informations on your PC, what processes are running etc. As they are not asking your autorisation to do so, it would be illegal, so if they do it and take any action based on those informations you could sue them for much more than they probably loose because of cheaters :).

fefe said:
For that they would need to collect informations on your PC, what processes are running etc. As they are not asking your autorisation to do so, it would be illegal, so if they do it and take any action based on those informations you could sue them for much more than they probably loose because of cheaters :).

As I said theoretically, you can not prove it one way or another.