Newest tat

Mori

I like pie..
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my newest tat...its not professional, my 17yr old cousin did it cause he wanted to do one and I wanted to get one, I just let him draw on my arm and this is how it turned out...it still needs some shading and a couple lines fixed then it will be done completely, lemme know what ya think..

Attachments

• 10272343.jpg
    10272343.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 56
For being only 17 I think he has a good bit of talent, he plans on getting his apprentice license and his brother in law will put him in a shop as an apprentice..

Thanks blitz...the whole thing took about an hour and a half, he needed to let his hand rest lol...he got a couple sketches drew up with the shading done to see which I like best..going to be interesting to see them, will post pics of the one I choose :x this is only like his 18th tattoo

I do agree that he can obviously draw and if he plans on going to the apprentice route, good for him.

However, make sure that he doesn't tell a soul in the shop he apprentices in that he's been tattooing out of his house before getting to the shop. That's a really, really good way to create a lot of ill will amongst tattoo artists. They hate when people do that.

And I'm not gonna give you the line they'd give about how stupid getting an unlicensed tattooist to draw on you is. You're an adult, you've probably heard it before and you made your own decision about it knowing your cousin. BUT just keep in mind that an inexperienced tattoo artist who has yet to go through some sort of legitimate training (a la apprenticeship) can put something on you that looks fantastic for a year or two and then starts to decay into crappiness really, really quickly. One of the most important things you're paying for in a good tattoo shop is the tattoo's longevity, which is directly related to the artist's technique.