Newbie - few questions!

neverquest

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm new to this site. I have been reading up a lot lately, but have a few questions I have not found the answers to.

1) If I change targets while attack is on.. attack is turned off.. is there any way to keep attack running when changing targets?

2) I want to make a few hotkeys (such as /stick and /fade). Is there any risk in doing this? Is there a safer way to make hotkeys with MQ?

3) I added some named spawns to Spawnmaster.ini but it did not update when I loaded EQ & MQ. How do I force it to upload?

Thank you!!!!!!

there are several ways to attack new targets... one method i use is holyshits/downshits

these are conditions used by mq2melee. an example of the ones i use are:
Code:
downshit6=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Feigning} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Target.Distance}<=30 ) /multiline ; /face fast nolook ; /keypress z
this one checks that you are not already attacking, in combat (cross swords), not invis/feigning and have a npc target not further than 30 units... then will press z, the default attack button for mq2melee.
Code:
downshit13=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Feigning} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /target ID ${Me.XTarget[1].ID}
i particularly like this one because if some how your merc or other grp mate gets agro you will auto target the first mob on your extended target window when you no longer have a target but are still in combat.
of course you might want to make an alias that will turn each of these on and off for those times you don't want these automated..

for the spawnmaster plugin you probably already checked the wiki but if not here is a link: MQ2SpawnMaster

as for the mq2 commands in eq hotbuttons that should be ok, however a year or 2 back sony broke something and many of my hotbuttons would ignore the first few characters, leaving half of the text sent to /say... fortunately nothing was revealed, however i have always been cautious since.. not to say i dont use hotkeys .. just be cautious...

Thanks for the quick responses!!!

Yes, I have read about SpawnMaster on wiki, but I don't see how I can force it to notice that I have updated the .ini file. I can add and delete mobs in game just fine using /spawnmaster add named and /spawnmaster delete named. (I am trying to save all named mobs in SoD & UF.. I'd rather not type them all out one by one in game!)

As far as the attack on/off thing goes.. I find myself tanking multiple mobs at once and I like to toggle between them. Attack is immediately turned off everytime I change a target with attack on. I don't suppose there is an easy fix for this?

Again, thanks for the help! It's really appreciated!

Thanks for the quick responses!!!

Yes, I have read about SpawnMaster on wiki, but I don't see how I can force it to notice that I have updated the .ini file. I can add and delete mobs in game just fine using /spawnmaster add named and /spawnmaster delete named. (I am trying to save all named mobs in SoD & UF.. I'd rather not type them all out one by one in game!)

As far as the attack on/off thing goes.. I find myself tanking multiple mobs at once and I like to toggle between them. Attack is immediately turned off everytime I change a target with attack on. I don't suppose there is an easy fix for this?

Again, thanks for the help! It's really appreciated!
It normally would only notice (and read it), if you zone. So you'd fade or zone. However, I added load option to it, so you can do: /spawnmaster load

You'll need to get updated dll, via loader.

htw

EQ attack button
Generally, you want to engage with the MQ2Melee hotkey. You can assign it to a button, just go into your Alt-M menu, customize one of the buttons to do: /keypress z
Name it Melee, or whatever, and drag it to your hotbutton slot.

htw

/keypress z does not turn on attack for me.. but it will turn attack off if it's on already..

/keypress z does not turn on attack for me.. but it will turn attack off if it's on already..
Hmm. Could always hotkey it to /killthis

Also, I just uploaded a new MQ2Melee, you can try it with a new option, and tell me if it acts as you expect/wish.

The option is like: /melee override=off save

The default is on.

Manual download: http://www.mmobugs.com/updates/install/MQ2Melee.dll

htw

Running into a few issues with attack :( My main is a monk. I really enjoy playing him and don't want everything to be fully automated. The only thing I'm using MQ2Melee for is for the constant flying kick (I'm tired of mashing this button for years!).

1) I cannot turn attack off while having the mob I started attacking targeted. Hitting the ESC key does the trick, but it also loses my target and closes my bandolier.

2) Also, if I FD, attack turns off, but as soon as I stand back up it turns on again.

I don't suppose there is a way to use the flying kick mod without totally changing the 'normal settings' for autoattack? Or could you look into a fix for these two scenarios? I've been playing a monk for years and there are some things I'm used to!

Thanks HTW!!!!

Oh, and what does the "melee=[on/off]" do in MQ2Melee? I was assuming "/melee plugin [on/off]" turned MQ2Melee on/off.. Everytime I "/melee off" in game it also turns "plugin" off. Do I need to type "/melee melee off"? I guess I could try changing the settings in the .ini file to turn melee off and leave the plugin on and do a /melee load in game. (I'm at work right now or I'd give it a shot). I'm asking all of this because I thought I read somewhere that the "melee=[on/off]" in MQ2Melee might have something to do with the autoattack settings I'm struggling with.

Again, thanks HTW! Really appreciate the help!!!

I feel I should mention that the FD issue is causing the most trouble when I hit Imitate death. Invis breaks and I usually end out immediately re-engaging the mob I was attacking. A fix for attack turning on after standing up from FD *and* ID would be great!

I feel I should mention that the FD issue is causing the most trouble when I hit Imitate death. Invis breaks and I usually end out immediately re-engaging the mob I was attacking. A fix for attack turning on after standing up from FD *and* ID would be great!

Fix for attack turning back on after FD/ID would mean its broken. It shouldn't re engage unless told too, if not mistake that is how it is now. If it re engages maybe things changed since I played my monk but that seems strange.

For the other issue use the melee hotkey to turn attack off default is Z I think. That should stop attacking

You can also use autoskills or just write a macro to control your flying kick as alternatives

Last edited:
Yeah, even /keypress z wouldn't turn it off..

I am very new to MQ and would have not the slightest idea how to write a macro :(

What is autoskills?

Z works fine for me to start/stop combat. Not sure why it won't for someone else, unless there is a EQ command bound to it perhaps.

For the re-engage, you will have to leave override on. You had asked for it to keep on attacking for target change, etc., so override off will do that. But that's why your FD is not "breaking" attack. There could be other options that might interfere, but is hard to know without seeing your INI.

htw

Is there a way to change the default MQ attack button from Z to something else? (I use the number pad + sign). I'd hate to waste a hotkey for "/keypress z". :)