new Six box team

seashadow

Reaction score
What would be an ideal good six box team (time for some 51/50 server action)

was thinking

War - tank
Rng - HA pulls
Shm - obvious
Cleric - Can use merc but i have six accounts so will need a cleric
Wiz - nukage and evac
Mage - nukage and coh

what do you guys think is the best six class combo

would switch ranger to bard,pulls and focus for the caster and you have cc when needed

meh i have alot of melee class's, but my current group/raid party is:

SK
Cleric
Shaman
Zerker
Rogue
Wizard

with outside group:

Rogue
Wizard
Bard
Beast
merc-tank
merc-cleric

i would prolly do

war
cle
sham
rog
zerker
bard

I am going to 51/50 aswell..

Your setup seems decent.. but i must admit that i would like to utilize my grps potential more han like that.. It's to mixed.. some melee some casters and shm with combat innates..

I am currently considering.
SK
Shaman
2xRogues.. (more usages of the shm buffs)
As you go 6 box i would add bard and cleric.. to have full use of the shmans buffs and bard for the cc, overhaste and other goodies

IF you really like the caster things i would go:
Tank (whatever class)
Enc.
and random casters.. as they benefit from mind candy and auras

Must admit i would love to go caster as it is less obvious for boxing.. But i am a melee guy and i Love shamans.. epics, panther, cham and such..

Just my thoughts :)

for 51/50 serv mage is best class, bcuz his pet will out tank any class til they are raid geared. at level 81 that is

just swap the wizard for bard. you can still pull with ranger. I personally always thought single pulling ineffective .

51 50 = thats starting point AND all bells and whistles are open to everyone?
so have mercs, HA (mind u thats 85 and however many aa) plus its not as hawt as it was a while ago

Holy Trinity still effective? not sure how a 51 warr compares to other tank classes at those lvls (warr biased here)

if you have a chanter (my personal choice for best cc) who cares about puller

so then you are back to the same formula tank heal slow (cc) dps dps dps (transportation and evac would probably secure a wiz spot)

Zerks dont shine till much later in game, and I seem to remember that rangers were as useful as poo early on.

Shammies were crappy healers starting out no panther line... not sure lvl of champ

Mage Necro Bst, dont recall how they compared at low lvls

So if you are planning a box team based on current gear, lvls its one thing but prob another if you are going back 2-3k+ aa and lvl 51

the issue with too many melee classes, it becomes obvious that you are using an outside program the more u add.

Having never played a bard before, this might be suited than the ranger, even though at 85 i still use HA alot to single pull mobs, will have to see if bards have that capability. Also dont remember seeing any bard macro's around.

Cleric - must
Shaman - must
Wizard - must
then either

War or Shd

Mage or ?

Bard over ranger

You want a decent melee dps for most that are more resistant to magic, but you also want a form of regen and CC. Drop the mage or wiz and get a bard if the wiz is a must drop the mage but the mage would be better suited for boxing long duration exp runs then a wiz(unless exceptionally geared)

Perfect Group Makeup

Shaman
Monk
Monk
Monk
Bard
Berserker

are their any other class's in eq?