New Iphone 4s & Ios5

jjmanfdl

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Anyone else getting the Iphone 4s? I currently have the regular Iphone 4 and want to upgrade/switch carriers and seems to be a pretty good buy back program going on depending on what carrier you choose.

Also updated to the ios 5 and seems to be great, all welcomed improvements at this point. Anyone found anything they haven't liked with it so far?

Icloud is turning out to be pretty nice with the 5 free gigs of storage. You can purchase up to an additional 50 gigs of storage for $100/yr bringing you to 55gb + whatever size Iphone you have. I plan on getting the 64gb on Wednesday and with Icloud you can get up to 119 gigs of storage (minus all os software and such).

Anyone input on people that have been following this or have bought the 4s?

I just have the iPhone 4, but iOS 5 is fucking sweet. It runs very very smooth, and the iMessage is fucking awesome. I know a few who have the iPhone 4s and they absolutely love it.

What are the big upgrades compared to Iphone 3GS? The Iphone 4 didn't really seem all THAT much better than 3gs, and I'm a little miffed that this was 4gs and not iphone 5 that came out this time around. I may wait again, or do what my buddies are suggesting and jumping ship to a droid phone (droid prime coming out soon, eh?).

Anyone know anything about unlocking droids to work on AT&T's network?

What are the big upgrades compared to Iphone 3GS? The Iphone 4 didn't really seem all THAT much better than 3gs, and I'm a little miffed that this was 4gs and not iphone 5 that came out this time around. I may wait again, or do what my buddies are suggesting and jumping ship to a droid phone (droid prime coming out soon, eh?).

Anyone know anything about unlocking droids to work on AT&T's network?

Internals on the 4s seem to be much better. There are a few demos and comparisons from the 4 to 4s, one from slashgear was pretty good demonstrating a few things.

Siri looks bad ass which is one thing I'm looking forward to.

Not sure about the droids but the 4s's have been made so the same phone can run on multiple networks and overseas.

just don't read the terms you agree to when you get it (the iOS5). They've stepped up the data collection from the last OS. and not by a little. I guess everyone is adopting the idea of "Don't do anything wrong if you don't want us to know about it."

Whats the iMessage? Just messaging between iPhone users?

just don't read the terms you agree to when you get it (the iOS5). They've stepped up the data collection from the last OS. and not by a little. I guess everyone is adopting the idea of "Don't do anything wrong if you don't want us to know about it."

So basically another big brother monitoring everything you do?

work for o2 (large mobile network in the UK for those of you who dont know about UK mobile networks), and i got a shot of the 4S before lots of people did

Not THAT big an upgrade from the 4. CPU speed is massive though, but the differences are unnoticable just now until they start to develop apps etc for 4S only which is still a bit away.

Siri is super smart, really amazing how it does that kind of thing but..... Would you actually use it too?

Apple creating a new gimmick that people will buy into!

Whats the iMessage? Just messaging between iPhone users?

yea, well iPhone's that are using the os5

JimJohnson said:
So basically another big brother monitoring everything you do?

between Apple, google and facebook they really don't even need a CIA/NSA. Those three companies plus all the private companies that gather information from stores they have more information than they could ever get from their methods. But yea, if you use an Iphone security means protecting your information from people not working for Apple.