New Computer

Crysdale

Reaction score
Not real good with computers, was wondering if anyone could recommend a good gamers computer for about $2k range thanks :)

My favorite place that caters to both the person that wants it all built, or someone that can build it from scratch : http://www.magicmicro.com.

Heck for 2k you can customize some sweet computers.

This place usually has great deals on graphics cards, and other miscelleous things like keyboards/mouse, etc : http://www.newegg.com/

great

thanks guys would of never been able to find sites like these hehe very helpful

thanks guys would of never been able to find sites like these hehe very helpful

If you have any questions let us know. I'm sure many of us here could find you the right parts at the right price to give you one hell of a powerful computer. You may have to learn to put it together yourself though but it really isn't that hard.

Fry.

I second the suggestion for newegg...also zipzoomfly has pretty good deals on motherboard/proc combos from time to time...they will also do a custom assembly as well. I just built my 10th box all with parts from Newegg (maybe a a couple small things from zip..don't recall for sure) and it came in right at $1740. I put 4GB or ram in it which is really not necessary for mainstream stuff so it could have been even cheaper.

I will say, however, the first box I built 2 years ago took me almost a week of work including posting on various sites for help / troubleshooting and I had no skin left on any knuckles when it was done (I must have pulled everything out a dozen times lol). The learning curve was a little steep for me but is WELL worth the effort if you can make the time..not to mention the cost savings and the fact that you wind up with a vastly superior product for your money compared to Dell etc. If only you could build custom laptops :p

If you are considering building your own rig..I would also suggest spending some time over at www.motherboards.org. They have a great group of users who won't blast you for newbie questions (in fact very much like the crew here..they really like to help out) and you will see a lot of specs for complete list of parts that will get you 80% of the way there.

very cool

aye been goin over these sites i might TRY an build my own or just pay extra for one already built since ill prolly break everythin once tryin to do it myself lol