Need help with Luaran song mission

smith8454

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning all - quick question please, I am trying to set up a "pet swarm" hotkey, for ALL my toons; SK, necro, Shaman, BST, and mage. Here is what I got, but it's not working right. I need a person to look it over and make the corrections below. I am asking this because the new group mission
has a spider in it, that casts a Web across the Archways, and Only swarm pets and regular pets can attack (see time stamp 4:21)
YouTube
Zarax EQ
Hero of the Forge: Heroes Are Forged (Laurion's Song) mechanics e...

[2:36 AM]Smith8454: Page5Button1Line1=/timer 3000, /pause 50, /bcga //multiline ; /useitem deathwhisper ; /useitem "Focus of Primal Elements" ; /useitem "Spiritcaller Totem of the Feral"
Page5Button1Line2=/pause 60, /bcga //multiline ; /alt act 207 ; /alt act 900 ; /alt act 981
Page5Button1Line3=/pause 60, /bcga //useitem "cloth cap"
Page5Button1Line4=/pause 60, /bcga //useitem "vicious rabbit
Page5Button1Line5=/bcga //useitem "amulet of xul
[2:37 AM]Smith8454: I was thinking this command for the first line
[2:37 AM]Smith8454: /Bcga //target id ${Me.XTarget[2]

* what I want it to do is;*
Target Egg sack
swarm pet the spiders' eggsack
NOT SURE HOW TO BOX THIS MISSION ..............YET
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
/THANKS

Reactions: EQDAB
You don't need that many pets. The mage or BST pet alone can solo all the eggs in time. Both together surely can, just send both at every pet and make sure your Bst has the short term pet buffs up. It's pretty simple to do in a Lua script, but if you're set on using plain hotkeys, you can still just make some that do "/tar egg", wait for 1 second, then "/pet attack". Your current ones are not working because you're missing "/timed" delays between all of the alt activates, so they're trying to activate every AA at the same instant

That's not the hard part of the mission anyway! You get an achievement for breaking the eggs and avoid the spider add that comes from it breaking, but you can just ignore the eggs and kill the adds fine. The hard part is the very end, when Shalowain himself goes active and starts targeting random characters with slow moving AoE auras. You will need to kite the auras away on 2x characters who get called out at a time. Again, this is much easier just writing a Lua script, but you can again do it via hotkeys by having a `/nav loc` hotkey for each that sends them all the way up to the zone-in NPC when they get called out. You need to save burns until the Lich that comes after the spider, then nuke him ASAP. His adds are NOT a joke and come on a timer, so you can ez train yourself if the lich lives over 60 seconds. If you have more than 1-2 of the lich adds when Shalowain goes active, you're gonna have a real bad day.

Again though, this is infinitely easier to orchestrate in a Lua script vs a bunch of hotkeys. My friend had a stroke not too long ago and can't do much more in EQ than "Watch boxes play themselves" and even he has beaten this mission with all 3 achievements using my Lua script. The overall flow is:

1) Start event from NPC
2) Tank slime right where he spawns
3) Kill spider while bst/mage pets tend to eggs - Everything to this point is simple, no wasting burns or anything. If an egg shatters, just kill the add while the spider is in her next deactivated phase
4) Burn Lich, he warps so you'll need to /nav to him over and over with melee. This is much easier if you have a caster or two to burn him
5) Drag Shalowain once he activates to where the slime was, tank him with your back facing the hill down to the rest of the zone
6) When he calls boxes, they need to disengage and immediately run to the NPC by zone in, then wait on "Song of echoes" debuff to wear off, then they can come back and beat on Shalowain some more
7) Profit

Reactions: EQDAB
You don't need that many pets. The mage or BST pet alone can solo all the eggs in time. Both together surely can, just send both at every pet and make sure your Bst has the short term pet buffs up. It's pretty simple to do in a Lua script, but if you're set on using plain hotkeys, you can still just make some that do "/tar egg", wait for 1 second, then "/pet attack". Your current ones are not working because you're missing "/timed" delays between all of the alt activates, so they're trying to activate every AA at the same instant

That's not the hard part of the mission anyway! You get an achievement for breaking the eggs and avoid the spider add that comes from it breaking, but you can just ignore the eggs and kill the adds fine. The hard part is the very end, when Shalowain himself goes active and starts targeting random characters with slow moving AoE auras. You will need to kite the auras away on 2x characters who get called out at a time. Again, this is much easier just writing a Lua script, but you can again do it via hotkeys by having a `/nav loc` hotkey for each that sends them all the way up to the zone-in NPC when they get called out. You need to save burns until the Lich that comes after the spider, then nuke him ASAP. His adds are NOT a joke and come on a timer, so you can ez train yourself if the lich lives over 60 seconds. If you have more than 1-2 of the lich adds when Shalowain goes active, you're gonna have a real bad day.

Again though, this is infinitely easier to orchestrate in a Lua script vs a bunch of hotkeys. My friend had a stroke not too long ago and can't do much more in EQ than "Watch boxes play themselves" and even he has beaten this mission with all 3 achievements using my Lua script. The overall flow is:

1) Start event from NPC
2) Tank slime right where he spawns
3) Kill spider while bst/mage pets tend to eggs - Everything to this point is simple, no wasting burns or anything. If an egg shatters, just kill the add while the spider is in her next deactivated phase
4) Burn Lich, he warps so you'll need to /nav to him over and over with melee. This is much easier if you have a caster or two to burn him
5) Drag Shalowain once he activates to where the slime was, tank him with your back facing the hill down to the rest of the zone
6) When he calls boxes, they need to disengage and immediately run to the NPC by zone in, then wait on "Song of echoes" debuff to wear off, then they can come back and beat on Shalowain some more
7) Profit
Thanks for the tip, was watching this video
and made a lich hotkey, as noted in the video. I got the last mob down to 30%, before he "BLEW US THE F*CK UP", I am getting closer to beating this event. I don't know much about Lua, this is educating me though, and each day I learn something I fixed my multiling, and it works great now