Necro Remote Sphere of Decay Spam casting on self

kegasi

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the Necro Level 104 Spell Remote Sphere of Decay Rk. II spell.

When not in combat MQ2Bot continues to target me and spam cast this on me over and over. When in combat it actually cast it on the mob.

How do I stop the constant spam casting on myself?

Thanks,

Kegasi

it would help to have debug logs so i could maybe see what it is doing and if the logic flow is correct but the short answer is you can add an if statement to that spell to only use it during combat. is it showing up as an aura? or a dot?
if it displayed as Aura0 for example:

AuraIf0=${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}
If it showed as Dot1 for example:

DotIf1=${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]}

something like that.

Debug info

I have run a debug on it and it appears as if it considers it an aura and not a dot.
I have attached the debug file

Do I need to make a change in the bot40.mac or in some spells INI file that changes it from an aura to a dot?

Can this fix be made to the next version that goes out to everyone?

Attachments

• MQ2Bot_Remote Sphere of Decay.log
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks, it should just not get detected as an aura then. I think i can safely skip aura checks if you are a necromancer or i can block that specific line.

EDIT: just saw there was a lot of necro auras. only the one with remote in the name should not work as an actual aura probably. the rest are self targeted except a single echo line, which could also function as self. So i will just block auras that have remote in the name for necro.

Last edited:
I think it is now updated in the compile and should no longer show as an aura.

Aura still now working right

When I ran Macroquest today it downloaded the new update for the bot.

Now it will never cast the Aura during combat whereas before it would do it.
Also, the Aura spell continues to recast on me over and over on me but not as frequently as it used to do. Now it recasts it on me every 110 seconds vs the old one which was casting on me every 72 seconds.

I noticed today when I right clicked on the Spell Gem it says that the Remote Sphere of Decay is Category: Aura and Subcategory: Damage Over Time
Could the subroutine that checks auras use this to not cast this on the user

Thanks for the work on this you have done

Last edited:
case sensitive got me for it still detect aura. i had remote instead of Remote. I also manually added it as a dot so that should now detect correctly as a dot and not as an aura.