My Band

Ah ok well if that's how you play rock with it ;p personally I find if I move my head or the "trunk" of my body it helps me stay in the song better. It also helps get other people get into the song (depending on the people). But most importantly do whatever your comfortable with.

I will say I've started taking up a sort of Travis Barker style of playing. rather than explain it here's another vid ;p watch him at 1:00 till like 1:15 or so and then again at 1:33 ish. Granted I tone it down a lot but that's what I try to picture I'm playing like ;p (the movements not the skills lol)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKCE7-CZuME&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Anyhow keep posting yalls stuff man, love just watching people play and feelin the music unlike the poop I hear on the radio if I turn it on.

Got me a new effects pedal for xmas....super overdrive sd-1...definitely thinking it can get me that tone i want. So ill be sure to post a new song probably tomorrow and see how the pedal sounds muahaha...nice.

A large part of performing is about entertaining. I only watched the first video didn't read much of the thread, but it was pretty boring as far as the entertainment value goes.

You can have a song that's not very complex or musically technical, and make it entertaining just by how you present it. I understand this is just a camera in the corner of a seemingly small room while you're practicing, but the drummer can't be seen, which is fine because he didn't even seem to feel the music, and the guy on the left is pretty flat too. The only person who seemed to get in to it was the guitarist on the right.

You can have the most rocking songs on the planet, but if you don't make it enjoyable to watch, and if you don't look like your enjoying it at the same time, they won't get watched. I've performed everything from solos, brass quintets, all manner of classical music on euphonium/tuba/trombone/bass trombone/percussion, as well as several rock cover bands on both drum set and bass, and jazz on trombone, the more you get in to it as a musician and the more emotive you are in your body language, the more the audience responds. Especially in today's society. People love to listen to classical music, but nobody goes to the concerts under the age of 40. It's boring. A bunch of folks on stage still as day, everything's all formal; it's just a drag. That same guy I saw rocking out at house of blues listens to classical 60% of the time but hasn't been to a concert in ages.

Musically, it didn't pop for me, but that's mostly because I thought the drums had no life to them. If you rocked out the drums more, you could create a beat that everyone could thrive off of, musicians and audience alike. It felt more like a metronome then a drum set to me.

Anyways, that's my 2cp. I'm glad to see ya'll trying and hope you don't take my criticism the wrong way. I love to see people try hard, and even more to succeed. It takes a monumental effort to be good though, and an extraordinary effort to be great. One weak link can really kill it, but without honest criticism it's hard to find where those weak points are.

edit: just went back and read some of the other posts. How can you "zone out" while you are the drummer?!!?? You are THE most important person in any band. You provide the beat, you provide the energy, you provide the drive, the drum kit and what it can do works wonders for everyone - the players, the audience, everyone. You are the most important person to be in tune and in sync with what the band is doing. If the guitarist is dragging his feet, you're the one to get the band back playing together. If the bass player gets off beat, your energy and precision will help him find his place. Zoning out is possibly the worst thing any musician can do when playing in a group environment. How can you play together when you don't know what's going on around you?

Take it for what you will, maybe I just took what you wrote wrong, but that's my initial reaction at any rate.

the kid in the hollister shirt... yea change it if ur guna sing songs like that........................... more dots ....................................

good start.

beef up the vocals and the bass, i could barly hear them, other then that, tell your drummer to have a lil confidence and you guys got one hell of a band, good luck making it big, you got the potential

Good stuff that's what i'm looking for. I can definitely beef it up. Lets see if my next video is any better. I am a better bassist than a drummer, and a better guitar player than bassist but eh. I enjoy the drums more now so i am working on getting better. I am sure that i can do better than that was just playing it a little too safe I suppose. Looking forward to seeing your comments on the next one.