/mqrange tar #

aspire2008

Iftw
Reaction score
This is very buggy possibly. I use Dev's bots, and my pull routines for the bots aren't going to get targets in any sorta range, current range i have it set to is /mqrange tar 1100. Bots don't pick up a target at all.

Even tried mqrange tar 0, no luck with that either.

Last edited:
This is very buggy possibly. I use Dev's bots, and my pull routines for the bots aren't going to get targets in any sorta range, current range i have it set to is /mqrange tar 1100. Bots don't pick up a target at all.

Even tried mqrange tar 0, no luck with that either.
Sorry, it has nothing to do with the range settings. Not really able to tell you much though, as I don't have the macro.

Using range 0 (unlimited) and I can tar anything in zone, at any range. I also checked with a range, and can do the same within that range. If using range, to make sure tar by ID is in range, I include in spawn search: radius ${MMOBugs.TargetRange} (and having MQ2MMOTLO loaded).

Also, if the range were causing it, it would tell you that in MQ2 window - about target being too far away.

htw

I'm honestly not sure what is causing it atm. I've had a few people report the problem, and every one of them (except aspire) said the problem fixed itself if they reinstalled MQ2. I didn't change anything dealing with /target except for removing a /target HP check in the pull routine before getting close to the mob.

It uses Spawn searching to find a pull target. Aspire send me a copy of your log file from your pulling bot (mq2folder/logs/botname.mac.log). Also aspire make sure you are using the very latest version of the bot, redownload it just to be absolutely sure if you don't mind.

I've had people also report problems with targeting group members saying they couldn't be found, but those problems were also fixed by an MQ2 reinstall according to them.

I've been unable to duplicate any of the problems unfortunately.

I should have clarified a bit, htw. I can issue the /tar command and target almost anything in the zone. Its only when I run the bot it doesn't pick up anything. I felt it was something in the macro itself, but people on dev's forums were reporting that reinstalling the compile fixed it so was leading me to believe it was an issue with mq2main.dll or some other plugin.

Dev, sent you the log file.

Lol, turned out to be a different problem altogether. Just posting to make sure you know htw so you aren't poking around looking for any potential problems.

What Dev said, thanks for the reply back you 2 and the help, was a totally different issue altogether.

Well what was the problem? I'm trying to run the simple pull macro. The toon ignores all mobs. Unless i manually target the mob. I'm sure its something simple I'm missing.

Any ideas?

/mqrange tar 6000
/mqrange map 6000
/mq2moveutils loaded

AllowMQ2Target=1
MQ2TargetRange=600
MQ2MapRange=600

Simple.
For each character, type /mqrange map 0 and /mqrange tar 0.
You allow them to target everything in zone, and your Mac is working like a charm. As HTW stated, watch out for targetting out of "human" range NPC as it may be tracked by the game.
Regards.

Setting the range to infinite should not be the answer. you should be able to control how far away you can target with this setup.

So:

/mqrange tar 6000
/mqrange map 6000

should allow you to target...

Im still not getting my toons to target using the code below. It has always worked in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Settings:
AllowMQ2Target=1
/mqtarget tar 0
/mqtarget map 0
/mq2moveutils loaded

Code:
Sub GetTarget 
   /doevents 
   /declare SpawnTimer         int local 
   /declare RV_CurrentRadius   int local 
   /declare RV_TargetSub       int local 
   /echo Looking for Close Range Mobs 
   :Acquire 
      /doevents 
      /for RV_CurrentRadius 50 to ${RV_MaxRadius} step 5 
      /squelch /target radius ${RV_CurrentRadius} npc
      /varset RV_MyTargetID ${Target.ID} 
      /varset RV_MyTargetDead 0 
      /if (${Target.ID}) { 
         /if (${Int[${Target.Z}]}<${RV_MinZRange}) { 
            /echo Mob is BELOW Min Z Range, picking another... 
            /varset RV_InvalidTargetID ${Target.ID} 
            /call ResetSub 
            /goto :Acquire 
         } 
         /if (${Int[${Target.Z}]}>${RV_MaxZRange}) { 
            /echo Mob is ABOVE Max Z Range, picking another... 
            /varset RV_InvalidTargetID ${Target.ID} 
            /call ResetSub 
      } 
         /varset RV_HasTarget 1 
         /varset RV_MyTargetName ${Target.Name} 
         /echo Acquired ${Target.Name} at range ${Int[${Target.Distance}]} 
         /return 
      } 
      /if (${CheckBuffs}>0) { 
         /echo Checking Buffs 
         /call ItemCast 
         /varset CheckBuffs 0 
         /echo Aquiring Long Range Mobs 
      } 
      /next RV_CurrentRadius 
      /goto :Acquire 
/return

Your settings : mqtarget ?
Try mqrange bro.

FYI

My fix was to delete everything, reload and re-draft section of macro. Its all working now. Not sure what the problem was.

My problem had to do with a line in my ini for a macro, nothing related to mq2range after all. Not sure that would have helped you in your problem.