MQ2SpeedUtil

NewbeHaxer

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi all, just came back after a few year break. Still getting used to the utility, but I do have a question about MQ2SpeedUtils.

I went in to the MAcroquest ini, and was following the directions to turn on the flag for MQ2SpeedUtils to EnableActivePlugins=1, but I cant find that line at all in the Macroquest ini file. Its missing and I am thinking this was on purpose.

I am just checking if I am missing something. I am not trying to set it to fly at the speed of light, but I do want to kick it up to .85.

I understand where active plugins are dangerous, so was the ability to flag active plugins removed?

We recently disabled the plugin on Ragefire. So if your on Ragefire that would be why it doesn't work. If your on another server, we might of screwed up, so let us know so we can look into it.

This made me LOL. Seriously. :) Ask Fry to enable them, and then circumvent the 18 emails I already got.

Yeah, fuck this, do it!

htw

Will these hacks be reenabled for Ragefire? If not, whom do we speak to about refunds for the product?

Only purchased for use on Ragefire as thats why I came back to EQ. Not much interest in other servers, and feel it's unfair that we're being told we can't use certain plugins. Should be our decision to assume the risk.

The plugins that were disabled on ragefire are MQ2GZone, MQ2MMOWarp, MQ2PiggyZone, MQ2ReachIt, MQ2SpeedUtils, MQ2Stealth, MQ2SuperCast and MQ2WickedSpeed.

Your welcome to make an argument about why some or all of these plugins should be enabled on Ragefire and we'll listen to it, and could even consider a community poll if a reasonable argument is made but our reasoning's for disabling them is this. We were forced to disable them on Fippy/Vulak when they were first released due to idiots deciding to grief with them which caused heat to the MQ2 community.

People warping around on Ragefire can and will cause repercussions due to Daybreak keeping a close eye on there server while also the the high competitive nature of the server can make people act in a spiteful manner with such tools. I do not want to spend the next few years breaking Daybreaks malware spying on our processes we have loaded, or watching our playerbase get banned month after month, because some idiots through it was cool to warp around Ragefire grieving other players.

When the hype dies down, we'll re-enable those eight plugins on Ragefire again but for the time being there are hundreds of other useful MQ2 features that you can be used on the server that wont get us noticed by Daybreak. If the sole reason you signed up was to warp around Ragefire, shoot me a private message and I'll get you a refund.

The plugins that were disabled on ragefire are MQ2GZone, MQ2MMOWarp, MQ2PiggyZone, MQ2ReachIt, MQ2SpeedUtils, MQ2Stealth, MQ2SuperCast and MQ2WickedSpeed.

Your welcome to make an argument about why these plugins should be enabled on Ragefire and we'll listen to it, and could even consider a community poll if a reasonable argument is made but our reasoning's for disabling them is this. We were forced to disable them on Fippy/Vulak when they were first released due to idiots deciding to grief with them which caused heat to the MQ2 community.

People warping around on Ragefire can and will cause repercussions for the rest of us due to Daybreak keeping a close eye on there server while also the the high competitive nature of the server can make people act a spiteful matter with such tools. I do not want to spend the next few years breaking Daybreaks malware spying on our processes we have loaded, or watching our playerbase get banned month after month, because some idiots through it was cool to warp around Ragefire grieving other players.

When heat days down, we'll re-enable those eight plugins on Ragefire again but there are hundreds of other MQ2 features and plugins that you can use on the server that can not be used to cause harm to other players. If you the sole reason you signed up was to warp your ass around Ragefire, shoot me a private message and I'll get you a refund.

A very reasonable and well worded response. Much appreciated for the quick feedback! Griefing was never my intent personally, I just wanted to run my 2-3 box around enjoying classic EQ without actually wasting a lot of time and frustration travelling or needing certain classes for speed buffs, etc.

Your welcome to make an argument about why some or all of these plugins should be enabled on Ragefire and we'll listen to it, and could even consider a community poll if a reasonable argument is made but our reasoning's for disabling them is this. We were forced to disable them on Fippy/Vulak when they were first released due to idiots deciding to grief with them which caused heat to the MQ2 community.

People warping around on Ragefire can and will cause repercussions due to Daybreak keeping a close eye on there server while also the the high competitive nature of the server can make people act a spiteful manner with such tools. I do not want to spend the next few years breaking Daybreaks malware spying on our processes we have loaded, or watching our playerbase get banned month after month, because some idiots through it was cool to warp around Ragefire grieving other players.

When the hype dies down, we'll re-enable those eight plugins on Ragefire again but for the time being there are hundreds of other useful MQ2 features that you can be used on the server that wont get us noticed by Daybreak. If the sole reason you signed up was to warp around Ragefire, shoot me a private message and I'll get you a refund.

Fry this is a solid idea. I support this and agree 100%

my argument is: i cant walk from teamviewer at work connect to home pc, but with zone and warp i can make the box crew meet (work around is /stick or adv path, but i never saved em).

Second Argument is: Have a 6 crew(1 bound in everfrost, 2 Qeynos Bank, 3 North Qeynos), where they are all bound in different places and walk Full West Karana Sowless (and i did like 10 times), after a few deaths of part of the crew or full crew i kinda /qed because i was going to turn it on and knew could put in risk my main accounts.

That said i mean, theres the griefers and theres the people who walked in karana.

Ps: Last time i warped or zone was when you guys warned us not safe anymore. And i do agree with Fry there.

Last edited:
I guess we could restrict warp from certain zones (Like raid zones Solb/Permafrost), or only in certain zones (Qeynos/Karanas).

Then again, zone is really what is needed for KennyNinja problem, and you can't really grief too badly with zone, but it is fairly obvious those that use zone if you watch them carefully. Maybe restrict zone to only work once every 10 minutes? I'm open to ideas to make them useful to people and not be able to be used for easy griefing.

Btw Fry, I updated the /crash [user|zone|server] command. Raid wiping time! The opcode for the packet pusher was off. It is all good now. It is currently set to dev and admin only but if you wanted to bump it down to lifetime or premium users, have at it.

I guess we could restrict warp from certain zones (Like raid zones Solb/Permafrost), or only in certain zones (Qeynos/Karanas).

Then again, zone is really what is needed for KennyNinja problem, and you can't really grief too badly with zone, but it is fairly obvious those that use zone if you watch them carefully. Maybe restrict zone to only work once every 10 minutes? I'm open to ideas to make them useful to people and not be able to be used for easy griefing.

Not sure how DGB is handling those movement packets(and Ragefire will be their most watched server, for now atleast) and those who are Brave(or just stupid) and overdoit will be caught, also note that 99% of bans that ever happened without the abuse aka(ghostkill) was due to player report(and those players are also MQers as they will watch their map). Sad is some people dont understand you guys are just trying to avoid their bans.

About Cap Time: The question that comes up is chain zone bad idea? If so based on that can make 2-5 mins to zone each eq session?

Speed Cant limit it to sow(150) well as a level 9 sow is(134)?

Warp Every 10 mins each eq session? But limited off those:

Raid Zones

Kedge Keep
Soldung B
Permafrost

Farm Zones

Lower Guk
Upper Guk
Ocean of Tears

Translocators

and any crowded zone which is all...

In which those restrictions only exist for the time being, to avoid being hunted by daybreak. All i can say is that im at level 9, having a hard time as a casual. And not to talk about /fade, /gate.

It's tough to figure out where to draw the line.

Being able to go SoW speed is certainly something we should add back in. I think this is a no-brainer.

Even using gate which will be very handy for people and shouldn't really raise suspicions (Unless they do log checks) I'm for, but enabling it this early on might be a huge mistake? Give it two to three weeks?

Warp is just a huge can of worms that I think would be smarter to leave off, rather than restrict at this stage.

Zone.....I'm on the fence here...I think chain-zone enabling would be bad. Single zoning, with a cool down shouldn't cause any real damage, but again, maybe give it two to three weeks for launch hype to die down a bit.

This is all stuff that needs to be though about. I welcome input and opinions on it, I just don't want to see any damage done to MQ2 community but I also don't want to end up the MQ2 police telling you guys what you can and can't do.

sounds good, meanwhile you should have someone testing it (willing volunteer), and see what outcomes come of using random times.

ps: i have it enabled until i update(which will be soon), but just did 1 zone for checking if it was working.

Btw Fry, I updated the /crash [user|zone|server] command. Raid wiping time! The opcode for the packet pusher was off. It is all good now. It is currently set to dev and admin only but if you wanted to bump it down to lifetime or premium users, have at it.

PeteSampras for president!

Pete, Your killing me, been in queue for over an hour. I would pay for MQ2Queue in a heart beat/

Ok so we made these changes today:

05-26-2015 by Htw & Fry

• MQ2SpeedUtils: Allow max speed adjustment of 1.2 on Ragefire (instead of disabled)
  • MQ2WickedSpeed: Allow max speed adjustment of 150.0 on Ragefire (instead of disabled)