MQ2Melee

I'm a little confused by the wiki entry for provoke0.

provoke0=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is autodetected for: Warrior: Provoke, Bellow, Berate, Incite, Bellow of the Mastruq, Ancient Chaos Cry, Bazu Bellow, Scowl, Sneer, Jeer, Bazu Bluster, Bazu Roar, Scoff. SK: Terror of Darkness/Shadows/Death/Terris/Thule/Discord/Vergalid/the Soulbleeder/Jelvalak/Rerekalen/Desalin. For Paladin AA, Monk, and Ber: See stun0 (below).

It wants the ID of the Disc/AA/Spell # you want to use to provoke, but later says the provoke skill is auto-detected.

So if I'm a warrior who wants to use Scorn Rk. II, what would I put for provoke0? 28061 or something else?

If Scorn Rk. II is not auto-detected as a provoke option, put your ID in provoke2.

• provoke2=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
    ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is NOT autodetected, but if configured, will be used first (before provoke0 or provoke1).

beast has gift
can u add mage too so he can turn that on? not showing up for mage
made a thread about modrod not getting used (melee modrod=70) not sure if have to do more (its the AA mod rod) Summoned: Large Modulation Shard
mage also doesnt show fundaments

So mage gets Warder's Gift?

For modrod, I will change the code. It needs to be checking for it, not just at load. Otherwise, you summon one, but it doesn't see it. I have it on 'the list' for a while now, so will try to get around to it.

For mage fundaments, what id does it show up when doing /aa info for it? Also, have you tried /melee load ?

htw

I thought Companions Gift was the same as Warders Gift (its not and I apologize)

Mages get Shared Health (doesnt heal) it mitigates the dmg you take by half and gives it to pet (any chance to get that added if its not a pain)

Use a mod rod when mana is below 'this %. 0 to disable. Will not activate with health below 50%
when it works I guess there wont be a need for an If statement :)

have tried melee load and Fundament doesnt show up in there

Fundaments are:
1370 1st
1371 2nd
1372 3rd

It doesn't seem like yaulp is working in MQ2Melee. The wiki says it will use AA Yaulp, which my cleric has (manually typing /alt act 489 works). The melee section of my character's .ini file has yealp=1 but when I type "/melee yealp" in game, I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (0) [ON/OFF]?."

I can type "/melee yealp=1 save" and I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (1) [ON/OFF]?." but yealp is not cast. At this point, if I type "/melee yealp", I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (0) [ON/OFF]?." again.

So it seems I'm not able to turn yealp on (in game or by editing my .ini file directly).

It doesn't seem like yaulp is working in MQ2Melee. The wiki says it will use AA Yaulp, which my cleric has (manually typing /alt act 489 works). The melee section of my character's .ini file has yealp=1 but when I type "/melee yealp" in game, I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (0) [ON/OFF]?."

I can type "/melee yealp=1 save" and I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (1) [ON/OFF]?." but yealp is not cast. At this point, if I type "/melee yealp", I get "MQ2Melee::yaulp (0) [ON/OFF]?." again.

So it seems I'm not able to turn yealp on (in game or by editing my .ini file directly).
If you type /melee OPTION it sets that OPTION to default. Default for yaulp is off, so that's why it says (0) if you just type: /melee yaulp

After you set it on: /melee yaulp=on save
Then to see if it's on: /melee
and look in the list. It will show (1) which is on.

To see what spell or aa it uses, once it's on: /echo ${meleemvi[idyaulp]}

htw

If you type /melee OPTION it sets that OPTION to default. Default for yaulp is off, so that's why it says (0) if you just type: /melee yaulp

After you set it on: /melee yaulp=on save
Then to see if it's on: /melee
and look in the list. It will show (1) which is on.

To see what spell or aa it uses, once it's on: /echo ${meleemvi[idyaulp]}

htw

Thanks for the info about setting the default value, that explains the output I got. And what you said about how it can be set to 1 is correct, which I see when I type /melee". The value for ${meleemvi[idyaulp]} is 489, which is the correct /alt act # for yaulp.

However, it still doesn't appear to cast, even if I no buffs and the AA is ready. Are there any other conditions for it to cast?

Thanks for the info about setting the default value, that explains the output I got. And what you said about how it can be set to 1 is correct, which I see when I type /melee". The value for ${meleemvi[idyaulp]} is 489, which is the correct /alt act # for yaulp.

However, it still doesn't appear to cast, even if I no buffs and the AA is ready. Are there any other conditions for it to cast?
Of course, plugin has to be enabled, i.e.: /melee plugin=on
Melee mode has to be on, i.e.: /melee melee=on
Range < 200 (heh)
Valid NPC target (heh again)
Attack on
No odd windows open (bank, book, give, trade...)
Not casting another spell at the time (this is constantly checked)

That's about all I can think of.

Range < 200 (heh)
Valid NPC target (heh again)
Attack on

Ah yes, that explains it. I was able to get Yaulp to trigger when I actually engaged in combat. However, yaulp is a self-buff, so there is no need to actually be in combat. You can use yaulp when you are out of combat and have no target.

I don't melee with my cleric, but I do want to use yaulp for the 35 mana regen component. It's like another "half-clarity" buff for when I start to get low on mana.

Assassinate

Having some issues with Assassinate.
PeteS re-wrote his macro to have the attack options that work with Melee. /killthis and /keypress z.
When I push Z or /killthis, the rog will assist, sneak behind the mob, but manytimes not activaate daggerstrike disc to assassinate. When you turn off assassinate, /melee assassinate=0, he will assist and turn attack on. Is there a known issue with daggerstrike, or is there more settings that need to be adjusted to get it to work.

BTW, Pete's modification is now getting Kick in the Teeth disc for berserker to work.

How could I get this to summon 20 if 0 qty, but not summons again untill qty is below 5?

Code:
downshit17=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && ${FindItemCount[=Fresh Cookie]}<20 ) /casting 71979|Item
downshit18=/if (${Cursor.Name.Find[Fresh Cookie]}) /autoinventory

downshit19=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && ${FindItemCount[=Warm Milk]}<20 ) /casting 52191|Item
downshit20=/if (${Cursor.Name.Find[Warm Milk]}) /autoinventory

^
Thanks

Last edited:
PeteS re-wrote his macro to have the attack options that work with Melee. /killthis and /keypress z.
When I push Z or /killthis, the rog will assist, sneak behind the mob, but manytimes not activaate daggerstrike disc to assassinate. When you turn off assassinate, /melee assassinate=0, he will assist and turn attack on. Is there a known issue with daggerstrike, or is there more settings that need to be adjusted to get it to work.

BTW, Pete's modification is now getting Kick in the Teeth disc for berserker to work.
Kick in the teeth is same engagement technique as rogue, i.e., /killthis or z.

If it sometimes does not kick off, the only way to know why would be to set some of the ShowXX options in the mq2melee section of your ini to 1, and then /melee load so they will report, and see what's it's saying when it doesn't fire off. It could be timing related, so you could always play with the delay options for strike, etc.

htw

Kick in the teeth is same engagement technique as rogue, i.e., /killthis or z.

If it sometimes does not kick off, the only way to know why would be to set some of the ShowXX options in the mq2melee section of your ini to 1, and then /melee load so they will report, and see what's it's saying when it doesn't fire off. It could be timing related, so you could always play with the delay options for strike, etc.

htw

default is /melee strikedelay=1000. Could this be the issue? The rog is sticking, positioning behind the mob, and not turning attack on.

Also, CADelay=500

Last edited:
HTW

Ok, I think I have deteremined why assassinate breaks sometimes. When you hide, you have to wait 5 sec +/- 1 sec not exactly sure on time, before you can hit daggerstrike.
If you are pulling too fast, and melee tries to fire daggerstrike (assassinate), and the timer is not ready, it causes melee to freeze up and not attack.
Is there a setting I can adjust to make it attack if assassinate disc fails? If not, is there a way to add in an IF that will make attack fire if daggerstrike does not activate? The disc may be ready, and ready check calls for it, but the hide parameter has not been met.

I'll take a look at it for you. Have you tried setting strikedelay to like, 4000 or 5000, for example? To see how that works?

Also for fast type pulling scenarios, try making sure hidedelay=0 and sneakdelay=0.

htw

I'll take a look at it for you. Have you tried setting strikedelay to like, 4000 or 5000, for example? To see how that works?

Also for fast type pulling scenarios, try making sure hidedelay=0 and sneakdelay=0.

htw

Tried the delay for strike ya, I'll reduce hide/sneak to 0. It's the delay on strike after hide.

Maybe:

If rog has not been hid for 5 sec, strike will not work therefore locking. I think an overwrite maybe. If attack called prior to 5 sec after hide then skip and attack on.

Last edited:
I've noticed that Assassinate can fail if the mob turns to face a different direction after the rogue /sticks to it (behind or snaproll), but before Daggerstrike is activated. The rogue will not assassinate and not attack. Would it be possible to make the rogue attack even when this happens?

hadnt been tracking this thread, but when you say you need to be 5sec+/- 1, that isnt typically how anything works in eq timewise with the exception of direct damage spells breaking a buff/debuff/attack swings. it is tick based.

So it must be (educated guess based on buffs/debuffs all being tick based) based upon whenever the "tick" is. between 0-5.9999 seconds. is there a mechanism to make your delay be until the end of the current tick? does mq2 track ticks like that? or is the tick a client side illusion?

hadnt been tracking this thread, but when you say you need to be 5sec+/- 1, that isnt typically how anything works in eq timewise with the exception of direct damage spells breaking a buff/debuff/attack swings. it is tick based.

So it must be (educated guess based on buffs/debuffs all being tick based) based upon whenever the "tick" is. between 0-5.9999 seconds. is there a mechanism to make your delay be until the end of the current tick? does mq2 track ticks like that? or is the tick a client side illusion?

was an educated guess. When i spam click it, its like a 5 sec before I can hit it. If there is a way to actually tell the true time, i'll test it and give the results.

How could I get this to summon 20 if 0 qty, but not summons again untill qty is below 5?

Code:
downshit17=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && ${FindItemCount[=Fresh Cookie]}<20 ) /casting 71979|Item
downshit18=/if (${Cursor.Name.Find[Fresh Cookie]}) /autoinventory

downshit19=/if (!${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && ${FindItemCount[=Warm Milk]}<20 ) /casting 52191|Item
downshit20=/if (${Cursor.Name.Find[Warm Milk]}) /autoinventory

^
Thanks

^
Thanks