MQ2Melee

Is there a way to get MQ2 Melee to work on group or guild members? I'm finding that my characters, in a PvP arena (only checked Neriak's arena for the moment) won't attack each other or each others' pets. I'm using a mage pet to work up defensive and weapon skills but the target (cleric) won't fight back. Melee has her swing once then not again.

Is there a way to get MQ2 Melee to work on group or guild members? I'm finding that my characters, in a PvP arena (only checked Neriak's arena for the moment) won't attack each other or each others' pets. I'm using a mage pet to work up defensive and weapon skills but the target (cleric) won't fight back. Melee has her swing once then not again.
If in game, unload MQ2Melee: /plugin mq2melee unload

Create a file in your MQ2 directory called: MQ2Melee.ini

In the file, add this, and save it:

Code:
[Settings]
SpawnType=15

If in game, load the plugin: /plugin mq2melee

Give that a shot.

htw

For Berserkers Bloodlust/Shared Bloodlust/Shared Savagery appears to only work when cryhavoc=0 not after it has fired as stated.

bloodlust=[0-100]
Uses Shared Bloodlust/Shared Brutality/Shared Savagery disc if endurance is over [X]%. If Cry Havoc is enabled, will only fire after Cry Havoc does.​

Last edited:
For Berserkers Bloodlust/Shared Bloodlust/Shared Savagery appears to only work when cryhavoc=0 not after it has fired as stated.

bloodlust=[0-100]
Uses Shared Bloodlust/Shared Brutality/Shared Savagery disc if endurance is over [X]%. If Cry Havoc is enabled, will only fire after Cry Havoc does.​

Yeah, it's been like that for quite some time. I just ended up using a Holy.

bloodlust=[0-100]

This one has always been a little bit of a PITA, but I updated it - let me know how it goes. I have a zerker, but not 85+, so I can't actually test the interaction of the 2 discs.

htw

I always thought the Bloodlust=X, X=mob HP%. Because I had mine = 30 for a long time and it would fire when the mob was at 30%.

I always thought the Bloodlust=X, X=mob HP%. Because I had mine = 30 for a long time and it would fire when the mob was at 30%.
Both are endurance, unless you use like bloodlustif to also add a target hp parameter.

htw

Sort of along these lines, stalwart defense rk. III won't fire have it set to defense=15

Is ready and nothing blocking it, just won't fire

Sort of along these lines, stalwart defense rk. III won't fire have it set to defense=15

Turn on the various ShowXXX options in your mq2melee section of your server_toon.ini, then load mq2log, then /melee load. Then kill something. Take a look at the log for your toon (in the mq2dir\logs), or email it to me, and I'll get it fixed up.

htw

Turn on the various ShowXXX options in your mq2melee section of your server_toon.ini, then load mq2log, then /melee load. Then kill something. Take a look at the log for your toon (in the mq2dir\logs), or email it to me, and I'll get it fixed up.

htw

I think Shield Topple is the issue. If you shield topple, it's not firing defense. They have nothing to do with each other though.

Hi guys, am using this for a Bard and Selos & Boastful wont fire while the bard is singing songs...

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to make another change that I have missed for it to work?

Melee + bards = polar opposites , they just don't play well together

It's not really an issue with mq2melee. It's mq2cast. MQ2Melee uses MQ2Cast to cast AAs. That plugin (cast) could use a little TLC, with regards to bards.

I'm thinking about moving the AA part for bards to mq2melee internally, while cast would still handle items. MQ2Melee already handles the discs internally. I would also tune the holyshit/downshit routines at that time, as those need a special case also.

It's really a bit annoying, there are enough cases to consider - e.g., user clicked gem or /cast? Using melody? Using mq2twist? Using /casting (mq2cast)? Is song, item, disc, aa?

htw

MQ2Cast does try to solve the is it disc/aa/item/spell part of problem. Sadly its cryptic as hell.

[...] bards [...]
It's really a bit annoying, there are enough cases to consider - e.g., user clicked gem or /cast? Using melody? Using mq2twist? Using /casting (mq2cast)? Is song, item, disc, aa?

htw

Welcome to SOE's Devs world. This is why we have been screwed every expansion/"tune up" every turn. Trying to give us something that is new or useful seems impossible and it is all too hard lol.

I'm a little confused by the wiki entry for provoke0.

provoke0=[Disc/AA/Spell ID #]
ID of the Disc/AA/Spell to use for provoking (0=off). provokemax must be set, and aggro must be on. This provoke skill is autodetected for: Warrior: Provoke, Bellow, Berate, Incite, Bellow of the Mastruq, Ancient Chaos Cry, Bazu Bellow, Scowl, Sneer, Jeer, Bazu Bluster, Bazu Roar, Scoff. SK: Terror of Darkness/Shadows/Death/Terris/Thule/Discord/Vergalid/the Soulbleeder/Jelvalak/Rerekalen/Desalin. For Paladin AA, Monk, and Ber: See stun0 (below).

It wants the ID of the Disc/AA/Spell # you want to use to provoke, but later says the provoke skill is auto-detected.

So if I'm a warrior who wants to use Scorn Rk. II, what would I put for provoke0? 28061 or something else?

beast has gift
can u add mage too so he can turn that on? not showing up for mage
made a thread about modrod not getting used (melee modrod=70) not sure if have to do more (its the AA mod rod) Summoned: Large Modulation Shard
mage also doesnt show fundaments