mq2melee keeps stopping my attack

MROUTLAW

Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so im in arena and fighting a pet and it seems mq2melee does not want to stay engaged with the pet ? i have no clue why it wont unless i am missing something

thanks, i was actually just trying to use to skill up but seems it just turns off attack when i do
im fighting a mage pet tried it in group and out of group with no changes

No need to unload MQ2Melee, just use /melee plugin=0 to disable it, and when you want it back on again /melee plugin=1.

INI Setting

MQ2Melee.ini

[Settings]
SpawnType=10

SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).

change to 14 for player pets or 15 for player pets and players.

MQ2Melee.ini

[Settings]
SpawnType=10

SpawnType: 0 + all desired target type modifier: (+1 PC) (+2 NPC) (+4 PC PET) (+8 NPC PET) (+16 PC CORPSE) (+32 NPC CORPSE) default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).

Excellent info .... I actually came across this issue the other day when for a goof my friend wanted to pvp me in the arena ... ended up unloading mq2melee cause it would keep stopping attack.

This kind of info is very useful.. thank you for the tidbit into the expanded ini setting!.. very much appreciated.

MQ2Melee.ini

[Settings]
SpawnType=10

Honestly I'm easily confused on this part. Few years back I played on a PVP server when I asked how to make MQ2Melee work with PVP I was of course flammed for cheating against other plays, like it was any more immoral than cheating in the first place. But someone also mentioned this spawn type thing

So if I add that setting to my MQ2Melee it will allow me to attack players, NPCs, NPC pets, play pets by doing SpawnType=15 is what you are saying? I'm on a "blue" server now but it would be nice to use for arena battles because keeping up with all the hotkeys is actually a giant pain in my ass lol. Basically the way I am understanding this is 0 is base meaning nothing....if I made it SpawnType=8 for npc pet...would I only attack pets? Or would it see that it is over 4 and assume I also want to attack PC, NPC and NPC Pets? Sorry if I'm confusing anyone with my confusion. Deployed and don't have direct access to the game to test any theories but I want to be able to add it to my INI's tonight, but I'll be home around 1900 and they block game websites between the hours of 1800 and 2300. Thanks for any help that can be offered :-D

You are overlooking this key part:
Code:
default is 10 (0 for base + 2 for NPC and + 8 for NPC PET).
So you start at 10, add 4 for PC Pets. This puts you at 14. Add 1 more for PC and you're at 15.

RG

Hello trying to skill up my monks skills on a pet in arena. I have no MQ2Melee.ini. How do I get this working?

Hello trying to skill up my monks skills on a pet in arena. I have no MQ2Melee.ini. How do I get this working?

/plugin MQ2Melee

then /melee save

then go to your MacroQuest folder. Should look like this Server_Yourname.ini

Yeah I've looked in that file but there was nothing about this spawntype in there?

I added it at the end of the ini file and it's not working. I did /melee load after adding it.

Here is what my ini file looks like.

Code:
[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=180
Bottom=398
Left=291
Right=831
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MMOBugs MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=0
[MQ2AutoSkills]
AutoInventory=off
Backstab=off
Bash=off
Begging=off
Disarm=off
DragonPunch=off
EagleStrike=off
ENRAGE=off
Evade=off
FeignDeath=off
Forage=off
FlyingKick=off
Frenzy=off
Intimidation=off
Infuriate=off
Kick=off
Mend=off
RoundKick=off
PickPockets=off
SenseTraps=off
Slam=off
Taunt=off
TigerClaw=off
MeleeRange=15.000
BackOffHP=0
DoMendHP=80
[MQ2PiggyZone]
PCCheck=off
UseGate=on
NoGroup=off
PCRange=500
[MQ2Melee]
disarm=1
enrage=1
facing=1
feigndeath=30
flyingkick=1
groupcheck=1
infuriate=1
kick=1
melee=1
mend=20
override=1
petenrage=1
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
resume=20
roundkick=1
sneakdelay=1000
stickbreak=1
stickrange=70
tigerclaw=1
version=5.476
ShowAbility=0
ShowAltAbility=0
ShowAttacking=1
ShowBash=0
ShowCasting=0
ShowCombatAbility=0
ShowControl=0
ShowDebug=0
ShowEnrageDebug=1
ShowEnraging=1
ShowFeign=1
ShowOverride=1
ShowProvoking=0
ShowSkills=0
ShowSpecial=0
ShowSticking=1
ShowStunning=0
ShowSwitching=1
CADelay=500
AADelay=250
SpellDelay=350
SkillDelay=250
PotionDelay=500
DownDelay=0
HolyDelay=0
DownCycleDelay=0
HolyCycleDelay=0
SpawnType=14

OK the problem you have is it's in the wrong area.

copy this to your Server_Yourname.ini file

[Settings]
SpawnType=15

Alternatively you should be able to configure it ingame by /melee spawntype=15 then /melee save

Last edited:
Thanks for the help mate. I should have mentioned I tried that at first then got rid of the [settings] part and neither worked.

Also typing /melee spawntype=15 in game gives me the message that it's an unsupported argument.

It's in the wiki: http://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/index.php/MQ2Melee#Optional_Global_INI_File

The file, in your main MQ2 dir, is called MQ2Melee.ini. As the wiki says, it is not a char/server specific INI file, but an optional global ini. Again, it is called: MQ2Melee.ini

It should also be mentioned that /melee save or load has no affect on these global settings, nor can you set them from in game commands. These global settings are only read when the plugin loads, so you would need to do it like:

1. /plugin MQ2Melee unload
  2. -- edit MQ2Melee.ini, change it, save it
  3. /plugin MQ2Melee
htw

I have a similar question, but different. It's about Melee not stopping attack. Is there a way (for example my attack button is Q) for when I hit Q for Melee to STOP attacking. I can spam Q no matter what it says, attack on/off, it will always keep attacking the mob. It's a problem if I'm trying to fade off something. If there is a setting I missed and ya'll can shed light on it, it would be appreciated!

Zaj

You need to make a MQ2Melee attack key (it can be Q) and stop using the EQ attack key.

Could anyone elaborate on how to do that for a novice, I checked the melee Wiki but I'm either blind or an idiot.

Zaj