MQ2Melee -- Backstab

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Anybody else use a rogue with melee and it not backstabbing for them? I have redownloaded everything unplugged and re plugged and all that and it wont backstab for me?

Anybody else use a rogue with melee and it not backstabbing for them? I have redownloaded everything unplugged and re plugged and all that and it wont backstab for me?
how are you starting your attack? Use mq2melee attack key, if you are not. If it still does not, will see what's up soon as I get a few.

htw

Just pushing the normal attack button, have always done it that way, there another way I should start the attack?

Just pushing the normal attack button, have always done it that way, there another way I should start the attack?
Well, for strike/assassinate, it needs to see the sequence started with the MQ2Melee attack key (in INI file, see default in wiki). If you are in a group, as long as you are not aggro mode, and you are proper angle / distance behind mob, it should backstab whenever it can with backstab turned on.

I could not tell which particular sequence you meant. If you mean group/backstab with aggro off on rogue, then that's not what it should be doing, and in that case I'll get er fixed asap.

htw

Also, if you could post his [MQ2Melee] section here out of the char ini file, that'd be helpful, then I can try with the same settings.

htw

This what you need.....

[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=734
Bottom=1025
Left=1535
Right=1679
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=1

This what you need.....

[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=734
Bottom=1025
Left=1535
Right=1679
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=1
no, that's for MQ2DoCrack plugin. I need the section [MQ2Melee], from the same file you got that from.

If it is not in there, on your rogue (in game), you need to do: /melee save

htw

HTML:
assasinate=1
backstab=1
disarm=0
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downflag3=1
downflag4=1
downflag5=1
enrage=1
escape=20
evade=0
facing=1
hide=1
hidedelay=1500
holyflag1=1
holyflag2=1
holyflag3=1
holyflag4=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
pickpocket=0
plugin=1
poker=102548
resume=20
slam=0
sneak=1
sneakdelay=500
standup=1
stickdelay=1
stickrange=90
thiefeye=20
twistedshank=1

make sure backstab=1

Ok here you go..

[MQ2Melee]
assasinate=1
backstab=1
disarm=0
enrage=1
escape=20
evade=1
facing=1
groupcheck=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
pickpocket=0
plugin=1
pothealover=0
resume=20
slam=1
thiefeye=0
twistedshank=1
version=5.226

HTW can prolly help you better than I can but I've experienced that as well and when it happens to me I can usually fix it by unloading the plugin, camping to charselect, logging back in and turning the plugin back on.

Theifeye off tho... bit of a surprise...

Have tried unloading reloading etc still not working for me.

Going to char select tho? Software can be just as tweaky as hardware at times and a simple restart of your computer will sometimes fix the dumbest of errors you get using things like Outlook to check your mail for example...

yep tried everything lol, was working one moment and then i came back from about a 2 hour afk and it didnt work anymore

Ok, no clue then so i'd wait on HTW or other highly qualified sort to help you out...

Definitally suggest getting theifeye disc and enabling it though as its the most important disc you can have as a rog pre 70 imo and important there after.... also suggest changing your resume= to 50 or greater since a simple patch or group hot will put you back over that limit and and waste the entire point of escaping in the first place.

Below was the .ini I used for my rogue. I always initiated combat with the /killthis command so it would use strike disc.

Code:
[MQ2Melee]
assasinate=1
backstab=1
disarm=1
enrage=1
escape=29
evade=101
facing=1
hide=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
petmend=0
petrange=0
pickpocket=1
plugin=1
pothealfast=0
pothealover=0
resume=1
sneak=1
stickdelay=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=75
strike=1
stickcmd=16 behindonce

Ok cool will try your ini tomorrow if it doesn't start working anthrax. Already logged off for the night

a friend of me having the same problem,my rog and his rog doing bs like normal on my pcs,but on his they do nothing,no clue why its not working for him anymore.i also send him my melee dll and my ini to be sure that we both using the same.

Are skills assigned to hotkey buttons? (at least on one of the banks somewhere)

And brano, I dunno what up with yours, I'll try with what you got.. you're missing various options it should have saved with /melee save, makes no sense (you did not edit any out right?)

htw

yes all skills are on hotbuttons,i have rly no clue why it stopped working from one to the other min.totaly weird

I had that problem along time ago what you should do is delete the mq2melee and redownload it, and try it that way for me that fixed it since i just had a bad dll. also the default key for mq2melee is "z", from what i can tell in your ini is that everything is in there for the rogue to bs, so either its the plugin messing up, or (retard question inc!) make sure you have a dagger in main hand. Im at work atm but when i get home i can send you a macro for the rogue that doesnt use melee that you could use. But try deleting and downloading the melee dll, dont over write it though cause rare cases it will mess it up.