MQ2EQBC

budlight

Reaction score
I wanted to try to get this running so when toons are running a bot program they don't scroll through the group to check buffs.
The issue I am having is that I cant seem to figure out when I have accounts logged into the EQBCS server using default settings that they dont't recognize the toons on the other computer.
For instance, I connect to the server on 3 accounts on the same computer all 3 are seen. But when i log in an account on a second computer there is no connection with the other 3.
What settings or pass or IP do I need to mess with so both computers are connecting to the same place or same server so to speak.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Find the IP address for the pc you have the server running on and the other pc when you try to connect put in that address like this.

/bccmd connect 192.168.1.xxx 2112

That should connect you to the server on the main pc.

Are you sure that all of your computers are networked together?

Cause that was the problem I had. Could not get my one computer to see the toons on the other computer. I have no idea if it has to be networked together, but once I made a home network group, EQBC server saw all my toons on both computers.

Last edited:
/bccmd connect 10.0.0.X did not work.

Computers are not networked together. Is there a networking for dummies guide somewhere?

Thanks

Ok, I just networked the two together using a home network group.

Type in the /bccmd connect 10.0.0.X and It pops up

# Connecting to 10.0.0.x 2112...

Then a few seconds later I get a

#Could not connect

Any ideas?

Last edited:
On computer running the server

Go to command prompt (Start->Run-> type cmd in box)

Type ipconfig

Look for IPv4 Address

That is the IP address of that computer.

so type /bccmd connect 192.168.1.12 (replace IP address with what was shown in IPv4)

10.0.0.X is what shows up, and my external IP starts with a 50.xx (minus the x of course)

Is this not right?

Last edited:
On computer running the server

The comp I am trying to connect to is connecting to eqbc through the default 127.0.0.1 port 2112. So that comp need sto be the server?

If this is the case how do people connect to each other across the country?

Last edited:
Yes, it is your internal IP. So it's like this (using 10.0.0.0 network):

10.0.0.100: Running EQBCS server, listening on port 2112 on 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces) OR on 10.0.0.100 (specifically only on the adapter hooked to the local network). Running EQ, and any MQ2EQBC plugin is connecting to either 10.0.0.100, or if the server is listening on all interfaces, can connect to 127.0.0.1

10.0.0.101: NOT running a server, and plugin connects to 10.0.0.100
10.0.0.102: NOT running a server, and plugin connects to 10.0.0.100
etc.

If the server listens on 127.0.0.1, it cannot ever accept any connections from any other computer. That is the "local" or "localhost" interface, meaning, THIS pc only - it's not routed anywhere.

So, listen on ALL interfaces (easiest, and normally no reason really not to), just set the server to listen on 0.0.0.0

Now, all computers need to connect to the system running the server, whatever it's 'routeable' interface/IP is, in this example, 10.0.0.100

People connect 'across the country', by using port forwarding:

1) Set a port forward rule on your router to foward the port to the internal machine running the server. In the example above, you would forward port 2112 to 10.0.0.100

2) Make sure that your firewall allows any connection to port 2112 (so it doesn't block any local or remote network connection for eqbcs).

The person 'across the country' would then tell his mq2eqbc plugin to connect to the server on "your public IP on the internet given to you by your ISP" on port 2112.

There are plenty of ways to see what your IP is, mmoloader will tell you in system info, or there are plenty of utilities/gadgets/etc. that will tell you, your router web interface will tell you, some web pages are there simply for that reason (such as whatsmyip).

If you want to, you can set up and use a dynamic DNS service so they can just connect to that, in case your IP changes (which will eventually happen, as your ISP uses DHCP to assign you an IP from a pool, and has a lease time). Usually it takes your modem cycling, or being offline for a bit, before your public IP would change, but trust me, it will. If you have DDNS, then they could just connect to, as an example, htwmmo.dyndns.org or whatever host/service you use. (google dynamic DNS, there are some free ones).

htw

Thank you much fry and htw. Made my brain hurt but got both comps to connect to same server.
Will try this for a while before I work on the second part.