Question MQ2DPSAdv causing crashes?

ticker000

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone was having issues with MQ2DPSAdv causing crashes? I normally load up 6 characters and was experiencing multiple crashes every couple of minutes with sometimes one character going down to 4 characters going down at a time. I unloaded most of the nonessential plugins and started back up and the crashes no longer occurred. The first plugin I loaded back up was MQ2DPSAdv on one character and within 2 minutes he crashed. Admittedly I didn't do a whole lot of testing so it could easily be coincidence, so I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same results.

I have had that loaded with no issues myself for quite a while. Wish I could help..that crashing is a real pain. usually when I have that problem it has been a docrack of some sort. Hope you figure it out

Last edited:
That's good to know. I'll do some more testing to see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks.

I can confirm I did make one change to that plugin due to a crash report that showed a CTD, so did some data validation. It hasn't been updated on our patch server yet though.

htw

IMO GamParse is the better solution to DPS parsing. A DPS plugin that doesn't take advantage of the fact that we're hooked into the client to parse is pointless :p

Plus GamParse has been constantly updated and is able to more accurately parse since it knows all the weird quirks of EQ like some stuff having double messages.

IMO GamParse is the better solution to DPS parsing. A DPS plugin that doesn't take advantage of the fact that we're hooked into the client to parse is pointless :p

Plus GamParse has been constantly updated and is able to more accurately parse since it knows all the weird quirks of EQ like some stuff having double messages.

QFT. Although, I no longer use it since I stopped raiding 5 years ago. Also, I try not to log to my SSD so logging is off except for some minor stuff.

But I think you can make a mirror log directory to write too on a rotational hard drive, which is what I used to do when I parsed for raids.

Both parsers serve different functions and uses. The plugin works great when I'm boxing a group and wondering why the mob is dying slowly only to look at the DPSAdv window and see my mage not doing damage. I can use the plugin to get a good idea where my individual characters are at on dps and if the changes I made to some ini files are improving the dps of the character and I can get this information straight from my UI without tabbing out to a different program. Now once I've noticed where my problems are or if I'm wanting to go into detail why one change in the ini files improved or reduced dps, that's when I can go to GamParse and dial into that information.