MQ2Bot - what /commands do you use?

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
I might do a little UI thing with Roccat Power Grids. Beyond loading, unloading, turning on/off, and pausing/unpausing; what /commands do people use the most?

For example, in my macros i would use /burn toggles, /bcaa //assist soandso, /bcaa //target soandso and a couple others.

Other toggles might be to turn entire sections on and off. Also, it doesnt have to be just for mq2bot. It can be for anything that is done on the reg like setting xtarget1 to group assist target.

Thanks for any input.

I use these in social hotkeys
/bca //afollow on/off
/bca //bot on/off
/bct Shaman //alt activate 630 (group invis)

My MQ2MyButtons would be the best guide to what I do, but 20 isn't enough, so there are still task related things I type each time.

[MQ2MYButtons_Buttons]
MyButtonLabel_1=bot Y
MyButtonCommand_1=/bot on
MyButtonLabel_2=Gbot Y
MyButtonCommand_2=/bcaa //bot on
MyButtonLabel_3=tk task
MyButtonCommand_3=/bcaa //notify TaskSelectWnd TSEL_AcceptButton leftmouse 2
MyButtonLabel_4=MkCamp
MyButtonCommand_4=/bcaa //makecamp
MyButtonLabel_5=inv
MyButtonCommand_5=/bcaa //autoinv
MyButtonLabel_6=mount
MyButtonCommand_6=/bcaa //mount
MyButtonLabel_7=Door
MyButtonCommand_7=/bcaa //doorclick
MyButtonLabel_8=fol on
MyButtonCommand_8=/bca //bot autofollowleader=1
MyButtonLabel_9=G Hail
MyButtonCommand_9=/bcaa //hail
MyButtonLabel_10=Clr
MyButtonCommand_10=/bcaa //target clear
MyButtonLabel_11=bot N
MyButtonCommand_11=/bot off
MyButtonLabel_12=Gbot N
MyButtonCommand_12=/bcaa //bot off
MyButtonLabel_13=ass
MyButtonCommand_13=/bcaa //assist group
MyButtonLabel_14=NoCamp
MyButtonCommand_14=/bcaa //makecamp off
MyButtonLabel_15=F Ship
MyButtonCommand_15=/bcaa //casting "Fellowship Registration Insignia" item
MyButtonLabel_16=dismnt
MyButtonCommand_16=/bcaa //dismount
MyButtonLabel_17=camp
MyButtonCommand_17=/bcaa //camp
MyButtonLabel_18=fol off
MyButtonCommand_18=/bcaa //bot autofollowleader=0
MyButtonLabel_19=ground
MyButtonCommand_19=/mac ground
MyButtonLabel_20=Kill
MyButtonCommand_20=/bcaa //killthis
MyButtonLabel_21=Rwd
MyButtonCommand_21=/bcaa //reward 1

and also /bcaa //task "some task name" which selects that task in my ui, but you pretty much need to type it.
/bcaa //say "some quest junk line" after targeting the right npc.
/mac handin "some item" 4 ...

Group invis on/off, lev of some sort on/off (usually runspeed too).

For your bot general use, I have a bunch of little settings for each toon, that go on and off depending on situation. It would be easier in some ways to set up separate ini sections and tell them all to "switch to dungeon ini" or something, but it's a pain to manage, the number of ini sections would probably keep going up and up and I'd probably end up with an ini section for 20 very specific different situations so I don't bother.

setting follow to be very close, setting follow to be normal distance.
turning off anything that pushes, kicks, shadowsteps, and turning that stuff back on again.
turning off debuffing, turning off nuking. Never dot because mez. Turning on/off bard songs, not the best solution for this atm, bard with bot twist list doesn't melee. twist list off, bard melees. I like medley's idea of sing rest list till all are full then stop.

My game time is basically spent running through xpack quest chains to get the quests done. I have a couple of groups of toons, and I do PL but it's easy enough to do this using the bot and a manual puller since it always involves high level toons who are way overpowered for the PL content.

I was intending to make a plugin set that gave the basic tools to do a zone's quest chains. It would get the quests, move you about, let the bot kill mobs, do hails, says, hand ins, track the quests progress, and co-ordinate across all the group doing that. I actually finished the xpack content while prototyping it, and so the only reason to actually write this would be for older content or suchlike. Meh, sadly EQ zone storylines just aren't that good, and so I barely even log in. I only logged in since xmas to check those problems with the bot.

Also a version of the findpath routine that the warp plugin uses, but that just uses MQ2Nav to move about, instead of warping, was on my list.
/travelto pofire
/travelto pofire group

one would co-ordinate making sure the group were altogether then move through the zones.

Sorry for the slightly off-topic derail but until they release the next xpack I am probably not going to get interested enough in doing these so I might as well put them out there.

Last edited:
Some nice stuff there. I should expand mine from just bot on/off and auto follows etc. When the mood hits I will sit down and sort some now you have inspired me :)

I completed a rough grid just showing most the things flatlined asked about.

Basically all the switches toggle and store the status. The buttons just issue a /bcaa command. You can test it out with the attached .rpg. You can just open notepad and hit the hotkeys and itll show what it is typing if you want to test it out of game.

Where you can get ROCCAT:
ROCCAT® – Set the Rules \ Roccat.org » Power-Grid » Download

What it does:
lets you set up phones/tablets with grids to automate key strokes into other games. game designers can also allow for push/pull but EQ would likely never allow that.

Attachments

• mq2bot_grid.png
    mq2bot_grid.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 93
  • MQ2bot_v002.zip
    724.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Added some more grid buttons.

one to launch eq
launch mmoloader

click fellowship insignia
invis, uninivis, lev, remove lev

Attachments

• mq2bot_grid.png
    mq2bot_grid.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 73
  • MQ2bot_v003.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Installing the mq2 v3 grid

How does one install this and make use of it please?

Also what does /bcaa stand for?

How does one install this and make use of it please?

Also what does /bcaa stand for?

Bcaa is part of the EQBC plugin , way to remotely send your toons commands through the eqbc server

/bcaa will send command to all toons in the eqbc server
/bca will send it to all toons except the one sending it
/bct insertnamehere will send a eqbc tell to that bot with //cast 2 or something

i know there is tons more but those are some i use

Last edited:
There is also the /bcg command which issues to all group members except the one sending the message.

The most helpful is /bcaa //ex which will provide you an explanation of the plugin on each toon!

Thank you x3

Thanks tiki, eltai and ambivy for your replies and info....sheesh so much to learn! but happy to learn it!