MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting debuffif1=0 works if it is in the ini file, but does not work as a /bot command :)

I have a problem with follow, when evaccing.
Group leader dies, I evac group, group are all on bot follow. Evac finishes, the toons all try to run to the (corpse of) the leader.
Mass hysteria, and usually spread out corpse death is the result.

I'm not sure what can be done about this. Maybe it's possible to detect evac, I think it knows they are zoning .. either check follow target is alive after zoning, or detect evac and maybe stop follow or something if that is detected?

has anyone got any techniques for stopping dps at various fight stages, but not debuffs/heals/tanking?

recent example would be Shirik's Corrupted Guardian in neriak4 HAs, which has 3 modes it cycles between. One of the modes is Shielded

for every nuke or DOT cast on it (including weapon procs) AND for every 2% damage to it, casts directional AEs for 61k dmg (left/right/rear).

best I have atm is to clear target, but that's not great. I suppose it would be possible to do nuke/dot IFs which check the target does not have this buff. Then would need to get a list of the buffs from various fights. A bit tedious.

In fact any technique to use the bot, and still deal with fight stages would be nice. The fight above has a "no ranged dps" stage, which could just be ignored provided you have the power. But other fights have "move here if you have this", stop dps at this stage, resume at that. Also kill sequence management - dps the named, but when THIS add is up, switch to it. Ignore THAT add.
Some kind of general framework for handling fight stages or events would be a nice next step.

Last edited:
has anyone got any techniques for stopping dps at various fight stages, but not debuffs/heals/tanking?

recent example would be Shirik's Corrupted Guardian in neriak4 HAs, which has 3 modes it cycles between. One of the modes is Shielded

for every nuke or DOT cast on it (including weapon procs) AND for every 2% damage to it, casts directional AEs for 61k dmg (left/right/rear).

best I have atm is to clear target, but that's not great. I suppose it would be possible to do nuke/dot IFs which check the target does not have this buff. Then would need to get a list of the buffs from various fights. A bit tedious.

In fact any technique to use the bot, and still deal with fight stages would be nice. The fight above has a "no ranged dps" stage, which could just be ignored provided you have the power. But other fights have "move here if you have this", stop dps at this stage, resume at that. Also kill sequence management - dps the named, but when THIS add is up, switch to it. Ignore THAT add.
Some kind of general framework for handling fight stages or events would be a nice next step.
Actually, setting pauses for specific types of actions should be fairly easy to add in. ie. melee, ranged dps, heals, whatever.. you can currently pause it all by setting using the ${Pulling or ${MQ2Pause} variable in a macro, but something similar could be used for each type of deal. For individual spells you can already do it via if statements.

1st of been a while so heyas Pete :)
2nd I hear u dont care for this macro or support it anymore

been trying to play again and taking a look at a chanter

did this macro ever do those spells w the green ring crap

I was looking at a chanter spell and not sure if Remote Color Concourse (targetted ae stun) is something it could use kinda like the splash spells im guessing

anyways just thought id ask and again nice to see u again hope all is well sir

Looks like something with tonights update messed with the MQ2Bot program. I was running the bot fine just 30 min ago. went and did my nightly reboot of and was notified of an MQ2 update. Ran the update, did not change any settings and now all the mac does is run through the loading process where it identifies all the spells and such but wont cast any spells or engage mobs

Mage and Wiz

Last edited:
I think on the main mq2 release thread it's mentioned that an update broke much stuff, and new MQ2 release to address it. Problems were targeting, not activating discs/spells/aas.

Group leader dies, I evac group, group are all on bot follow. Evac finishes, the toons all try to run to the (corpse of) the leader.

I'm not sure what can be done about this. Maybe it's possible to detect evac, I think it knows they are zoning .. either check follow target is alive after zoning, or detect evac and maybe stop follow or something if that is detected?

Can't you just make the evac'er the group leader?

Can't you just make the evac'er the group leader?

No, then I would have to move around and run everything from that toon instead ... and I have multiple evaccers, if one dies or the evac is down, the other is able to evac.
The problem isn't the evac, or who the leader is. The problem is follow being re-initiated when the follow target is dead, because you can stick to a corpse, but you should not.
You probably only see this behaviour when you evac or port within a zone using a clicky or suchlike. The toons stand there letting the "probably zoning still" timer run down, then the bot starts up again and fires off the stick, and they go pegging it across the zone training whatever is in the way, to start following the dead toon.

Plugin Addition Request

General:
- Add Auto Mount to ini for outdoor zones

Mage:
- Add option to change type of summoned pet, currently only does earth
- Add option to auto summon weapons and equip them to pet
- Add option to auto summon haste mask and equip it to pet
- Add buff Dark Symbiosis to buff lineup (once pets already summoned)
- Add option to change elemental forms from AA buff (water good for mana)
- Add Elemental Union AA to damage rotation
- Add Elemental Ward AA to oh shit spells
- Add Fire Core AA to damage rotation
- Add Frenzied Burnout AA to damage rotation
- Add Heart of Flames AA to damage rotation
- Add Host in the Shell AA to pet def rotation
- Add Improved Twincast to damage rotation
- Add Mend Companion to pet def (not sure if its already in)
- Add Replenish Companion to pet def (not sure if its already in)
- Add Second Win Ward to pet def (not sure if its already in)
- Add Virulent Talon AA to damage rotation
- Add Wind of Malosinete for groups of mobs (add option to ini perhaps?)

Cleric
- Add option to prioritize combat rezing!
- Add Battle Frenzy AA to damage rotation
- Add Bestow Divine Aura AA for oh shit at 10%? (in ini maybe)
- Add Cascading Divine Aura AA for oh shit at 10%? (in ini maybe)
- Add Celestial Rapidity AA to healing buffs
- Add Channeling the Divine AA to healing buffs
- Add Divine Retribution AA to def buffs
- Add Exquisite Benediction AA to healing rotation
- Add Flurry of Life AA to healing buffs
- Add Group Purify Soul AA to group cure
- Add Healing Frenzy AA to healing buffs
- Add Improved Twincast AA to lineup
- Add Purified Spirits AA to self cure
- Add Purify Soul AA to cures
- Add Sanctuary AA for if you get agro
- Add Ward of Purity AA to AE Cure

Thank You in advance and your plugin is amazing! I also apologize if I requested anything thats already in.

Last edited:
Plugin Addition Request
<snipped>

Wow, that's a nice list :)

So far as I know, the bot does not do any kind of curing, group or otherwise, currently. I think Pete said it was on the list but never got to it.
I am not using the bot in (current) raids, but done most all of the COTF group content without worrying about cures in the least.

Part of the problem with cures I guess is the "cure this one, don't cure that one, leave this on the tank, get that off the tank asap" type stuff, you end up needing to know all the detrimentals and what to do about them. Maybe some sort of generic handler then zone specific and/or mob specific (on your hatelist) loading of lists would be the way to go? Then we'd have to start providing Zone / mob -> detriment -> Action.
Action could be like the IFs, little macro snippets to evaluate.

it already does basically everything on his list except DA and cure.. for obvious reasons. Not that i dont like good ideas, but i'd prefer you see what the bot can already do prior to asking for a list.

it already does basically everything on his list except DA and cure.. for obvious reasons. Not that i dont like good ideas, but i'd prefer you see what the bot can already do prior to asking for a list.

As I stated before its hard for me to see what it does and does not do however I put all my abilities on the hotbar and watched to see if they were being used. Many abilities were not being used at all. Now that could be something on my end or it could also be that you have conditions that must be met before they are fired. For the DPS, when im grinding I would prefer if it used things on cooldown rather then hording things for names.

As I stated before its hard for me to see what it does and does not do however I put all my abilities on the hotbar and watched to see if they were being used. Many abilities were not being used at all. Now that could be something on my end or it could also be that you have conditions that must be met before they are fired. For the DPS, when im grinding I would prefer if it used things on cooldown rather then hording things for names.

I think you want to change AACutoffTime=10 to something like 1000 then? Not sure if 0 works to just use any as necessary.

That's in the wiki.

It might be nice if there was a section on what is used per class, but Pete has much better things to do I am sure.

Eidt : Also, I guess this setting : CustomPetSpell=Shard of Air is for selecting the mage pet. I don't play mage so no idea but again, was in the wiki.

Last edited:
Pete, would you consider changing Auras to work like self buffs?

A section for auras would be detected on startup.
Auras would be maintained without having to mem them, just switch in using the temporary gem as necessary.

Each class would have number of auras they can maintain. Druid is 1 I think, but cleric, enc are both 2.
Each class would have a list of aura lines and the spell names+levels, so the bot could pick the highest of that line automatically.

All lines would be listed for a class. So druid, who has 3 aura lines, would list :
Aura1=Wildspark Aura (level 97 version)
Aura2=Frostone Aura (level 98 version)
Aura3=Aura of Life (level 70 version)

Cleric is only 2 lines. Enc is like 12 although many of them are situational of course.

Then Aura IFs would be defaulted to on (=1) for the first # of auras the class supports, and =0 for the rest. For druid, since only 1 aura at a time -
aura1IF=1
aura2IF=0
aura3IF=0

This would then make auras function and people could IF off the ones they don't want. For eg above, when wanting to use the cold aura, set aura1IF=0, and aura2IF=1.

You could possibly make aura #s or lines limited for paying/non-paying also.

Why do this? Enc and cleric have 2 auras each they can maintain. In order to get the bot to maintain the aura, it has to be currently in their buff list when the bot is started or when doing a /loadspells.
Neither of these toons has space to keep the spells there in the buff list solely to make the bot cast them. This means on those toons, always, I am forced to run the bot with my "buffing" spell set. Let the bot buff, casting the auras. Load the "fighting" spell set, which would have replaced the aura slots with heals/nukes/whatever. run the bot again or /loadspells again.

Then when those auras run out, which for enc and druid at least, they do (I don't know about other classes too much), I have to know this happened, switch to the toon, switch out the spell set and cast it, and switch back. Or involve the bot /loadspells a couple times there too.

In those cases of expiring auras, the usage pattern is exactly like a self buff, but I basically have to manage these totally independently.

the plugin is working well the only thing i noticed and im not sure if it is user error but it will not click on robe and epic on necro. Also i would like to inquire about helping to test or how i can be added for the full version of the plugin

heroic bond?

If my cleric drops Certitude by clicking the buff off or if it wears off, it mems and rebuffs with Heroic Bond (lvl 52 spell) for some reason instead of using Unified Surety or Unified Hand of Certitude

If my cleric drops Certitude by clicking the buff off or if it wears off, it mems and rebuffs with Heroic Bond (lvl 52 spell) for some reason instead of using Unified Surety or Unified Hand of Certitude

the way the bot detects group spells / stacking, for clerics, it will often try to mem and cast HB. Possibly you didn't notice it in the past cos it doesn't stack with things it probably casts first.

With the bot running, type /loadspells. scroll down to near the end, self buffs.
Most likely self buff - is group cert, and hb is self buff 1.

/bot selfbuffif1=0

and it should disable that one entry, never to try and cast it again.

I am looking for a pull macro that will work with Petes MQ2Bot. I am currently using a bard to pull with. Does anyone have something they would be willing to share?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.