MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm new to use mq2bot and i looked at wiki and through ~20 pages of this forum b4 i finally decided to ask and shunned for being a n00b.

I'm 6 boxing a group( War, Sham, brd, rog, Zerk, beast) and i set ma and mt and puller but every dps targets different mobs and breaks mez.... ive been trying to tweak .ini but i fucked it up pretty hard a few times where i gota start from fresh... if someone could point me into the direction of what im doing wrong cuz i can't find anything in the " assist" potion of his first post of anything to edit for assisting..

thanks.. let the noob shunning begin!

I ran into the same issue when I used it, and kinda gave up. I followed the wiki and set my Xtarget1 as my group main assist's target but that didn't help. Bot kept breaking mezzes or assisting on the wrong add in camp, and dying over and over. Not sure if its cause I only used it on 1 toon while the other toons, were using other macros. I'd also like to know how people have gotten around this problem.

The one thing you have to make sure is that your main tank(MT) is not also set as your main assist(MA). Then, also make sure to have all your characters xtarget1 set to MA's target.

If you do have your MT also set as MA every time your tank switches targets your group members would be changing targets.

I always have a DPS class set as the MA in my group and I can not remember the last time that I had a broken mezz or random mobs being cast upon.

So, I would start off checking to make sure that is not the issue. If that does not solve your problem I am not sure what would, because this solved the issue of random targets being attacked for me.

I don't have a main tank set, and my main assist is set to a dps class, and bot does have xtarget1 set to main assists target. I set the assist% to 95% so the bot doesn't rush in at 100%, but that doesn't help either, soon as the mob enters camp the bot just charges right in not waiting for the 95% threshold to be met, and picks any random add thats in camp.

I've probably lost more exp rezzing the bot then actually gaining exp so I kinda just gave up.

Would anyone have a good wizzy ini that they wouldn't mind sharing for MQ2bot. Thanks a bunch

Would anyone have a good wizzy ini that they wouldn't mind sharing for MQ2bot. Thanks a bunch

for the plugin? You don't really need an ini. It stores some values but nothing you would really need to copy from anyone or tweak that much... I think you might want the macro thread instead?

Nah, I am in the right thread. I was hoping someone had played with the ini for their wizard to tweak it with if statements and such so it cast a little bit smarter. But if no one has I will live with what the plugin does on its own

I was hoping someone had played with the ini for their wizard to tweak it with if statements and such so it cast a little bit smarter.
What were you hoping it would do better, wizzy wise?
My wiz isn't yet 100, but he outdps's my group (who are 100) on just default settings. I've wondered what I might do with the setup to help him more, but he seems to cast all the things I would expect.
Possibly there are AAs I could better spend, but I don't know wiz that well.
My spell cast order is probably important. I have his 3 big fire nukes, in sequence, then the ice de-aggro. He cycles thru these 4, casting the de-aggro each time round, which is probably more often than needed. A nice mod would be to set an IF for the de-aggro / jolt I guess, checking hate level is >50, allowing it to be skipped.

Everything else is automatic and I can't really alter it from ini settings I know about. EG AAs, using AAs and then doing nice sequences, etc.
He buffs himself, he keeps his power high with spell+AA mana clicks, so on.

I don't use AEs because I am mezzing. I don't use rains cos he won't position dynamically. I don't use free targets, not tried em. Do they work?

There is already a section to De-agro /Jolt already set up it in the ini, the default setting is JoltAt=50. You should only be casting your jolt spell if aggro is over 50 is my understanding, maybe I am wrong...

Well you can use if statements to, let's say, only have your big nukes fire only while GoM procs are on, while triggered nuke enhancement buffs are on, mob is a named... This way you could use less mana intensive nukes until those things happen... etc, etc...

This way you wouldn't just be rotating through the first couple of nukes in your spell line up...

I have just started playing around with a herioc wizzy, and he eats through his mana way to fast just always casting his "big" nukes...

That is why I was wondering if someone has an edited ini. It would help to play the wizard a little more smarter. The bot does do a good job already with controlling how my wizzy is buffing, DPSing, and de-agroing.

I just wanted to give a little more instruction on how and when to fire certain spells.

Make sense?

I'd love to see some different If statements of this plugin. Like some examples used for casters/melee. Something that could be easily changed to match any class, if someone could post.

Make sense?
Jolt - yeah, he casts it cos he'll be high on the list I guess, without it. The joltat setting is functioning.

Yep, makes sense. Personally I have ok-ish gear on wiz and he doesn't have a mana problem. Seems like that is the only thing you are really looking to try and fix. I just chain cast the biggest nukes I have for the damage type, and things die before mana is an issue.

On my rog I have usestick=0. However everytime i see my moveutils debug settings spit out sticksettings that are healer 30. Half of the time my toon is not sticking to the mob and I think it has to do with this ;-)

Around the middle of the thread I posted about my rog having issues where it would not move to engage the target correctly, on a very regular basis.
I did not have the stick setting you mention. I did use healer stick.
There was no satisfactory conclusion to the discussion and I dumped rog for wiz since wiz doesn't need to move. Happiness reigned.

Last edited:
@PeteSampras, any chance you can add support for healers so they can monitor and heal people you assign to extended target window slots?

First off - Thank you for this plugin.

I have returned to dabble in eq after 9 years. FTP has allowed fully independent play through the use of macroquest.

I do not fully understand all the skills and processes. I am still struggling to find the optimal setup.

When I left EQ, I was enjoying Genbot, for which the command functions were very easy and could be issued through /g.

I run a team - Warr, Bard, Druid, Mage, Wizard, shaman. - levelling up from level 1 - currently level 30

I use mq2bot, in conjunction with the pull mac. running on the warrior.

It works well however the pull mac does not watch for mana level, so keeps pulling at a high rate.
The Shaman has cannibalise, however it would be nice to control how and when he does it. At present it is his favourite spell.

I would interested in how others issue commands to the group. I am using eqbc, however have a mini support group on another pc on the same eqbc server. in one respect it works very well for issuing movement commands to all. not so good when trying to isolate a commend the group.

MQ2melee, I think I understand the setup.

Mq2moveutils and mq2advpath. I load both of these. I get character stuck less often using advpath follow.
I have a very hard time getting the bard to join in combat unless the pull stops close to him.

One of the elements I miss from genbot is the shrotcuts. being able to issue quick commands to toons to carry out actions, which I have not been able to duplicate with mq2bot.

eg: in genbot you could have a shortcut on your druid sowon/ sn sprit of wolf.

if you said /g sowon warriorname, the druid would cast sow on that target.
It was very nice functionality - especially with a wizard and translocate.

I have tried to avid running the plugin and genbot together, as it seems like the various control methods would conflict with each other.

I am interested how others make the running of full groups as smooth as possible.

Feedback on the bard mezzing. My bard mez's. Mez is in gem slot 8. out of combat twist is 5 6 7, combat twist is 1 2 3 4.
when I say my bard mezz's - he does so sometimes.

General use. I have had one instance of the team all functioning except for the 2 healers/ bot healers were trying to cast spells which were being reported in eqbc however in the game they were failing to cast. I coud cast manually by clicking the gems, but the bot was failing.

Is there a way to increase the battle res priority?

not directly, I think actually the problem is, it does prioritise rezzing, but if (during combat) it tried to rez and failed for some reason, which could be person zoning, but more often might be interrupted, it then will not try to rez that person again for a while / maybe till combat finished.

I don't know for sure but I think this is what is happening.

I have it happening sometimes, and also I have the problem that if you mez something and it breaks for some reason, it won't often try to re-mez, it will let the mob beat whoever to death. Again I think it's to do with not re-trying to do a task it already queued.

Last edited:
One to add to the list of would-likes, AA IFs. Just like wanting debuff IFs, and just like self buff ifs work.

Druid casts group wolf AA.
Group wolf AA makes you kos in some areas. It alters faction always.

Need to be able to IF it off sometimes. Working around by blocking it on all toons while in this zone but that isn't the best, it's a pain.

Also, enchanter seems to have several self-buff reactive type AAs which don't get activated. Would like to either get them added into the bot, or increase the AAs / self buffs ## so they get activated / used.

With the Ifs on buffs there's no reason to pick only /this/ or only /that/ cos of play style, everyone can IF the ones they don't like out :)

@PeteSampras, any chance you can add support for healers so they can monitor and heal people you assign to extended target window slots?
already does that. just put them on your xtarget and it will heal.

i realize i've dropped off the earth for a couple months, it isnt that i have lost interest in the plugin so much as i cant log into eq. so rather than fumble around blindly without being able to test, i just play dota 2 because that allows me to connect.

if you can think of specific if statements you want, i can show you the exact coding you need. i can also note requests, but honestly those arent going to happen until i can get in game and test or until htw/someone else grabs the reigns for a bit.

the bot isnt dead, i will pick it back up when my deployment is done, which is hopefully in about 2 months.

I would interested in how others issue commands to the group.

What I have done, partly based on the way Pete said he was using the bot in early thread, and partly for my play style, is run the bot on all toons, it's fine for my purposes. Pete has a harness macro he runs which provide him additional functions he either doesn't want in the bot or has not got round to adding. I have a very tiny harness, then, myself. For moving around I use "the bot way" totally - all have stick to leader set, and I manage the leader toon in play. For myself, the leader is not the assist, nor the tank, instead being either a puller, a crowd control, or both, depending on what I am doing and which toon I use. I do those jobs sometimes manually, and sometimes partly assisted by the bot.

I have buttons to pause & unpause the bot, same place each toon. I have buttons to /bcaa to all toons - pause and unpause, clear aggro, and to toggle follow mode on and off. Also to accept rewards, hail, and a few other semi regular things.

I /bcaa npc conversations and the like.

I have a spell set for each toon that includes buffs, and a spell set for general use. There is some overlap. I switch between and cast the buffs I need, then back to general use, and maybe restart the bot so it will use the correct spells as needed. Buffing is a lot easier at max level. The bot does a lot, but not great with group buffs when people die, or some classes single target buffs on others.

I have a few little helper macros, that would be part of a single harness but I don't need them at the same time so they remain separate. I have ones to get HA, zone in, then zone all the others in. For each HA npc.

For moving around I use a class that can bind and group port there, quite a lot. I haven't really been sitting in zones grinding.

Feedback on the bard mezzing. My bard mez's. Mez is in gem slot 8. out of combat twist is 5 6 7, combat twist is 1 2 3 4.
when I say my bard mezz's - he does so sometimes.

I have enc and bard. They are both set to mez. The bard does mez, but sometimes because it switches targets about, it will pick a toon mez'd by the enc, and try to do stuff to it. At this point it tends to unmez the mob by meleeing it. All the other toons will be on a different mob, and so it will get killed by that one released mob. No idea why this happens. Bard mez is great when this doesn't happen, gives enc time to lock all down. At times I have disabled the bard mez. I may again if this keeps happening.

bot healers were trying to cast spells which were being reported in eqbc however in the game they were failing to cast

Not sure what exactly was happening there. I use 2 healers, no problems. They cast as necessary. I've used out of group healers healing in to group. They cast okay. I levelled toons using both these techniques. So there's no *general* problem with it and you should be able to have the healers cast, of course.

Them not casting ... do they stop mid cast and try to cast something else / the same thing again? Or do they report casting but then never even start the cast bar?

Completed [Sections]:
<snip>
Debuff
<snip>
I only got to test a handful of these, it is time consuming to get them added in. If something is messed up, it could likely hang up rather than crash. Going to bed for now, the rest is going to take far too long to start tonight.

I have posted about debuff ifs recently, wanting them. I was checking something back in the thread and noticed on this old post, it actually says debuff ifs should be there but not tested. Maybe there was some oddity or issue and they don't really have to be fully implemented, just fixed or I just need to get the text right. Maybe the /bot debuffif doesn't set it? I couldn't seem to get that to react.

AA IFs tho, not from that list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.