MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>five mobs in that quest that leave no corpse. The bot runs seemlessly through these. It's the pet heals that are causing me to crash. <more snips> It was difficult to give up my Enchanter, but even if the healer healed her pet the Ench would crash.

If you want to make this plugin work for you, then you need either ... <snip more again>

I think Pete was talking about where in the bot there tended to be issues and problems arising, in the past, as a partial guide to any that might work on the code in the future. That guidance will be accurate no matter that you have a current issue in a different area of the bot's functionality.

You say Give up enchanter .. I don't know why you would do that, just stop it casting it's pet, and stop it charming. They are both options easily set for the bot, and do work, and your enc will then be stable and more than good to play.

You list a bunch of toons that you say a person has to use to make the bot work, and again, there's no reason why it has to be anything like this setup. Lots of other alternatives work just fine. The suggestions you have seem to be again about avoiding pet classes (SK Tank). Just TURN OFF PETS and those classes will play fine. In the case of magician, it might be a bit harsher, maybe loosing too much, but everything else is, once again, more than playable.

Lastly, this is a recent problem, and it will be resolved at some point. The bot has worked well prior to this, can work well currently given certain constraints, and will work well in the future. It seems like an awful lot of attention focusing on a temporary problem to me.

Turning off pets isnt desired. I use pets in every group setup i do. I just cant seem to replicate it being an issue yet. So I am trying to figure out what is different between our set ups. Because I have the source code and debug running when I play, I can tell exactly what line causes the crash supposing I can get it to crash.

So I play on live server, no wineq or isboxer, and use ~6 accounts at any one time with a pet class, healer, usually a bard, and sometimes a tank or just more pet classes. When i tested this last round I used an sk + pet, mage + pet, sham, clr and let the pets take hits, let them die on purpose, etc and couldnt get a crash in the short time i tested. Sham, clr, and mag were all healing the pets correctly. I fully believe something is crashing you, i just cant replicate it yet.

Last edited:
What to do with log files?

I put together a team of 4 pet classes and took them out into the field. It took me 27 minutes from the time I loaded the bot for all pet classes to crash. I have log files for all of them, plus a log file from the healer. They are all fairly small files, but probably too large to post to this forum. Shall I send them to you by PM or some other way? BTW, the logs have no mention of any heals before the big crash, and they all crashed at the same time. The Druid and the Wizard were not affected.

Last edited:
I put together a team of 4 pet classes and took them out into the field. It took me 27 minutes from the time I loaded the bot for all pet classes to crash. I have log files for all of them, plus a log file from the healer. They are all fairly small files, but probably too large to post to this forum. Shall I send them to you by PM or some other way? BTW, the logs have no mention of any heals before the big crash, and they all crashed at the same time. The Druid and the Wizard were not affected.

Were you moving when they crashed? All of my crashes happen while the bot is running long distances. Short movements don't crash it though.

I attached a debugger and sent Pete the error earlier.

Were you moving when they crashed? All of my crashes happen while the bot is running long distances. Short movements don't crash it though.

I attached a debugger and sent Pete the error earlier.

Running with my Mage does it too.

It usually happens when I am running to get something away from the group. Maybe I am out running my pet? Normally just standing there kill it's fine. That's just for me anyway.

Hmm, the time I mentioned before, where I charmed a mob and it bombed my enc immediately ... the mob was on the very max of cast range, and I probably was moving the enc back asap, and it probably pathed funky away a bit too.

I went back and looked at all of the logs again today. Each one crashed while attacking "A GIANT SPIDER'S CORPSE0" For some reason, the non pet classes never attacked the nonexistent corpse, only the pet classes crashed.
Enchanter - [2014/09/11 00:24:10] Pet Attacking --> a_giant_spider's_corpse0
Enchanter - [2014/09/11 00:24:10] EXP: 0.00 (18.79%) - AAXP: 0.00 (0.00%)
Enchanter - [2014/09/11 00:24:11] Pet Attacking --> a_giant_spider's_corpse0

Last edited:
I have also had problems with my mage crashing in one of the DH missions. Killed a load of mobs in a row to the end of the zone, turned around and ran the whole crew back to zone in and the mage crashed half way back to zone in. Exactly the same situation the next time I did the same mission - mage crashed approx same place during the long run back to the zone in. Not much help I am sure but only trying to corroborate the point above that crash happened on pet class during long range movement.

I just wish I had used mq2log the first few times this happened. I had no way of knowing that the pet was attacking a nonexistent corpse unless I created a log file because each time it was in a fight with multiple adds and the text scrolled off before the fight was over. I thought it was all involving heals because that was all I could see on my screen. I apologize to Pete and others that spent time trying to figure out my problem. Evidently, this is a known issue that the community is already working on and I wasted their time on a wild goose chase. I really feel bad about not presenting a log file with my original notice of the issue. I sent Pete a $30 donation to help out with his time spent, but that would only cover about one hour of the many hours he has spent tracing down my issue. I apologize.

I promise that I just learned an important lesson about log files!!!

Last edited:
I have also had problems with my mage crashing in one of the DH missions. Killed a load of mobs in a row to the end of the zone, turned around and ran the whole crew back to zone in and the mage crashed half way back to zone in. Exactly the same situation the next time I did the same mission - mage crashed approx same place during the long run back to the zone in. Not much help I am sure but only trying to corroborate the point above that crash happened on pet class during long range movement.

My brother and I noticed this in an HA as well. If we don't crash killing the mobs going in. It always crashes at the top of the hill coming out. The HA is "Into the Hills"

Well this should solve that pet attacking corpse issue. Give it a whirl.

Still happening. It's 100% happening to my mage while running.

UseClickyNukes=1

Does not fire Epic for shaman.

Ok, just logged into game to test some stuff out. I was able to kill fine with sk, mag, bst pets all taking part. But i did see the crash if you ran too far from pet. I think this version should solve that.

let my flaming start... I play a warrior and pull with him. If I get adds the bots tend to attack the add first and don't assist. Assist is set on bots at 97 but it doesn't seem to matter, they still attack all but MA. I want the bots to assist the group MA except the chanter or bard for mez. Is there a setting for this?

The default targeting is XTar1 afaik. So when I played my warrior I would have to make sure I was attacking what ever was there (the bots would mez/root anything Xtar2 and beyond depending on settings)

If you set XTar1 as MA or MT Target or something I think it doesn't work well, I never really tested that to be honest.

But if you have all Xtar#'s as auto hater and work around aggro on MT as the Xtar1 on warrior the rest should all follow suit no worries.

Just curious, is there something you can do to make a warrior sit down and med endurance? I see the Medtofull section and I have it enabled, however it doesn't seem to do anything with endurance. Is this something I need to do in a downshit with mq2melee?

Mage bot unplayable....crashes worse then it did before
Telling me crashing without any other info is not useful. Mage bot not crashing at all for me. So maybe our setups are different or you are doing something different. I have no idea because you didnt post any of that.

Standard, live server? yes
BotVersion? 20140913.1050
What OS are you using? Windows 8.1
Are you using wineq/isxeq? No
Preferably a log of your spells.mac I dont need to email myself
What was going on at the time? killing random mobs in dead hills

Status
Not open for further replies.