MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway that I can get it so Shaman won't cast Reckless Restoration on myself? It's a great heal for everyone else but doesn't work on the shaman that's casting it.
Supposing it is Heal3:

HealIf3=${Bot.MinHP.ID}!=${Me.MinHP.ID}

No such 'character' member 'MinHP'

/echo ${Me.MinHP.ID} = NULL

/echo ${Bot.MinHP.ID} = 17475

Last edited:
Sigh. ya. I meant ${Me.ID}. I blame the lack of sleep.

Do you have something set in bot that is makes the toons, fear or intimiadte, or whatever is happening. every so often, and only when bot is loaded the mob runs away like its feared.

If you can list your classes/levels at least would be a start to which toon may be culprit as well as then the spells.mac output for those classes.

Also if you may have MQ2Melee/MQAutoSkills - which can trigger intimidate via their settings. (Unlikely, I guess, since you say it's only when bot is loaded)

I am not sure of anything else which triggers it off the top of my head.

Bot does not auto use intimidation, that would be mq2melee probably. I dont think any fear spells would recognize either.

It cant be autoskills , I have never had it loaded. I highly doubt it is melee which i have been using for many , many years now. and this never happens when i just run the toons with an assist macro. It only happens when I run the bot plugin. As for listing toons, I am always 6 boxing. So it may be any of the melee toons I run since I always have a few in my group, all level 100 rogue,monk,zerker. It always happen when they are in the group, my primary suspect is the rogue.

A charmed pet is healed when healpet is above 0.
When the pet is no longer charmed, the bot keeps trying to heal it.
When the ex-pet is dead, the bot will try to heal the corpse.
When the ex-pet corpse vanishes, the bot will crash.

I also had a situation where the bot was healing the pet(s) of another group who passed nearby. Once on the "pet" list it seemed to keep trying to do this across the zone, too.

So far as I know, solved by setting pet heal to 0.

recently some of my toons spam /played. It doesn't happen on all of them but on certain toons it happens all the time.

I updated the bot and noticed this happening, but also I updated /melee settings due to levelling.

Is it a conflict between some binding? I have heard of it happening before but I don't recall where. Is it a melee setting that is wrong? or something the bot is issuing?

The /played spam happened to one of my toons. Its not isolated to MQ2Bot bc my toon wasnt running that plugin. He does use the melee plugin and a diff mac.

Thanks for the reply .. I did some tests...
removed mq2melee section for the toon, unloaded both mq2melee and mq2bot.
loaded mq2melee and /melee load, /melee save, to recreate the ini from the plugin default.
loaded mq2bot. Still getting spam.

unloaded both again, deleted mq2bot ini section. loaded melee, bot. bot made default ini.
still get spam.

unloaded bot. used /killthis on the toon instead of bot. No spam.

loaded bot, same fight still, turned it on. spam.

So, it seems it is something the bot is issuing, but it still could be a conflict or missing alias or something of that kind.

Also, this toon is a rogue that I have set as main assist, and it frequently does not move to the right position in multi mob fights. I posted about this before. I noticed when using /killthis, during the test, the toon follows the mob much more and doesn't seem to have that problem - is this possible? or just a coincidence ?

Try this version @ charm issues.

Bot uses /attack on to issue attack command. Not /killthis. It also doesnt push any hotkeys whatsoever so id look for whatever is hotkeyed to your /played aliast to see whats up.

Thanks for the reply,

I was just using killthis to be using mq2melee but NOT mq2bot, to try to isolate the problem to one or the other.

I repeated the test using /attack, and still, only have the problem with mq2bot active.
I looked at my alias list before posting. All these toons share the same install, whatever that might impact. There are no played aliases, nothing aliased to issue that, and nothing aliased on top of it. I also went thru the key bindings and took out any relating to P, just in case. Since this did not change anything I reset this toon's key bindings to EQ default, and reloaded, no change again. I went through all the hotkeys that are on bars for this toon, and took off anything and everything that isn't a built in AA activation button. There were no hotkeys I had set up doing much of anything (invite group members). I removed any like that anyhow. That made things tidier but no different ;p

I also stopped using this toon as MA, just to make sure this was not having an impact. no change.

I looked more at other toons doing this during combat. The tank does not issue this. The bard does issue this, but not as often as the rogue. I get the feeling the rogue is trying to reposition but this happens instead.
So that put me at MQ2MoveUtils doorstep. I reset the ini file for that, unloaded and reloaded all, now including mq2moveutils. No change, still this happening. I did some tests, unloading mq2moveutils, mq2melee, mq2bot, during a combat that had the problem, in that order. The spam continued until I unloaded mq2bot.

I noticed also that ALL these toons issue the played output when the bot does the bot deactivated output. eg, if I load mq2bot, I see the standard messages, then I see
Plugin 'MQ2Bot' loaded
[MQ2Bot] Bot Deactivated
and at that time I get /played output also.
If I then type /bot off, I get the same bot deactivated and the same played output. This is with no action other than this happening.

I'm not sure where I can look or what else I can try to do to try and track this down.

Ahh .. I wondered if maybe the bot was doing something at these points, and I thought about autofollowleader.

if I issue /bot autofollowleader=0 .. the bot sets the value, but I also get the played spam.
and then /bot autofollowleader=1 .. no spam, value is set though.

That is likely happening at various points, I guess... I removed my autofollow settings from the ini, and let the bot recreate them. Makes no diff, I still get the spam when this is toggled.
I unloaded mq2melee and mq2moveutils, and reloaded mq2bot plugin.
I issued /bot autofollowleader=0 ... I get /played output.

Last edited:
I decided to try a reset.

I backed up my MQ2 folder. shut down all eq and mq2 and whatnot.

Deleted entire mq2 folder. Downloaded current zip. Ran it up, let it check for updates, none. Went into Macroquest ini file, deleted ALL aliases. Exited it again, ran it up again.

Loaded up first toon. loaded up mq2bot (it never seems to pay attention to autoload like other plugins, I have to manually /plugin mq2bot each time).

got /played spam when I /bot on and it does it's de-activate.

Loaded up rogue toon, same thing.
ran a combat, same spam. Also toon still does not move about reliably, often facing the wrong way, and so on.

This is with no changes to the ini files provided by default plugin init...

I didn't notice this on my rogue when I used the plugin. I have been away from home for a bit not logging in, will try see if he does it the same also with the toggle later in the week when I'm home

SK keeps crashing 5 seconds into starting the fight.

Lvl 100 SK 6258aa's,

(loaded these)
MQ2Bot
MQ2Cast
MQ2Melee
MQ2MoveUtils

After loading those, I did /melee plugin=1, then /bot on. It ran a few more seconds longer then last time, then it crashed again. I do the initial pull and select (melee) button. Goes into rotation: melee, casting, aa's, then within 5-10 seconds it crashes eq.

Uploaded latest version in case of crash issues. usually that is what is the cause if you start crashing out of nowhere on patch day.

Build 8/21/2014 12:37:20 PM.

Completely uninstalled and reinstalled new patch 08-20-14. Loaded melee and bot and crashed after 5-10 seconds. Noticed it switched targets, then seen before it crashed /mq2melee::stick OFF.

**EDITED**

Problem solved, added the /spellcast.dll to macro page and all is good in the hood now. 2 hoorays for being noob! Thanks y'al for the helps!

Last edited:
removed mq2advpath command /play off prior to sticking. so dont be playing a path when trying to fight something i guess. this will remove spam for those without the plugin loaded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.