Plugin [MQ2Bot] Bot Setup Questions

rlane187

Reaction score
I currently have a bot setup and have noticed some things that will end up being a real issue for me in the future. I have tried searching the forums for answers to my questions, but am not finding what I need. Perhaps if anyone has the time, knowledge, and the inclination, they can help me answer the following questions about my setup.

1. My bots always automatically assist me when I pull. I have set UseManualAssist=1, but to be honest I cannot find an explanation for what it means. In addition, it does not seem to matter. My bots assist me as soon as I am in range, regardless. I do have myself set to Assist in the group roles and all of the bots have their xtarget 1 set to the groupassisttarget.

a. What other settings do I need to keep them from attacking mobs until I tell them to?

b. How would I tell them to attack? /bca //killthis?

2. I pull and tank on the SK. I keep turning stickmode off, but it always ends up getting turned back on, presumably by the bot, but I am not sure. I would really like to let MQ2Bot manage the spells, taunts, and discs. However, is there a way I can set up the bot so that I can still control its movement?

I tank and pull with Sk also. I usually set my other toons to assist at 98 or 97 and pull with a no damage Terror Spell and or encroaching darkness aa. That should be in your toons ini usually below the melee stuff. I also set the melee assist range to 40 or so to keep em from running to the mob as I bring it to camp. If I remember I also had to make sure in the ini that none of my toons had range attack enabled or my zerker or ranger would blast the mob before it got to camp and I would get summoned. I am on the sk full time and don't use bot at all on him so can't help much on that part. I just use melee on him. I set my assist range on the sk at 0 so i can control him by keyboard only

Last edited:
Thank you. I will try setting the assist range to 0 on my tank and see if that helps.

no probs I am sure when others get on there is a ton of other ways to cure the issues you are having. I am sure there is a lot of ways for me to boost my toons dps using bot and a lot of stuff I do not know about I just try to keep it real simple for me so I am sure some advanced users can hook ya up