MQ2AutoLogin w/ Emu

Ladon

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a post to request two functionalities that the Emu build of MMOBugs could use in regards to the plugin MQ2AutoLogin.

I run the UF build (as it's readily available on Steam and the emu project is moving forward) of MMO.

(1) Could a line be added to the plugin to hit the "vote later" button upon login? I believe that the window appears everytime that the emu loginserver restarts. Using EQLaunch and walking away for a few minutes results in a ton of windows stuck at "vote later."

(2) Can shortnames or queries be used instead of server=#? This number changes every time that the loginserver restarts and, if I don't log one character in manually, open his eqls file, then open autologin.ini and ctrl+h to replace the old number with the new number, I end up on some random public server.

Thanks.

Which server do you play on (so I can test), and I'll see what I can do.

htw

I play around on The Hidden Forest, EZserver, and PEQ, mostly.

Thank you so much htw! :)

(Oh, also, what would I have to do to have autologin work with a private lan-server? :3)

Oh. I should add that hitting "vote later" alone would make me incredibly happy. :)

Ok, update your MQ2AutoLogin plugin, I worked through it and made some changes:

1) I do not see any 'vote later', i.e. no vote window, when using Underfoot to log into any of those 3 servers. Where are you ssing it? Is it vote window after putting in station/pass, or in game, or where?

2) If you are seeing a vote window, say what server(s) specifically, and where. Also, turn on debug for mq2autologin (in the ini, you will see the debug option, make sure it's set to 1), make sure you have a Logs directory (indicated by the LogPath setting in macroquest.ini), and then PM me the MQ2AutoLogin.log

So the way I made it work for server selection, is a substring of the server name, instead of the server ID. You can still use server ID, but if you want EMU login to be accurate, then use a string.

Example of entry for EZ Server:

[Session1]
StationName=bubba
Password=mypass
Server=EZ
Character=mytoon

or for Dragon Soul:

[Session1]
StationName=bubba
Password=mypass
Server=Dragon Soul
Character=mytoon

The Server= can be as specific as you like, as long as it is a substring of the actual server name shown at server select. It is NOT case sensitive (i.e., Dragon Soul is the same as DRAGON SOUL or dragon soul).

So for PEQ, which shows up (currently) as: [A 0.8.0] [PEQ]The Grand Creation [legit-god]

You could use anything like:
PEQ
[PEQ]
The Grand Creation
Creation
etc. (other than that case does not matter)

Hopefully you get the picture.

Let me know if you run into any issues. Took me some hours to get the damn thing working the way I wanted, so it would be nice to know if it's working as I intend. ;)

htw

Yay! Thank you, I'm going to test it out here in an hour or so but I'm so excited!
Streamlining the process makes me more likely to log into EQ because the PITA is gone!

RE: the Vote Later button, I've attached four pictures (a,b,c,d).
A is the login screen
B is the VOTE LATER/VOTE NOW screen
C is a screen that you only get when logging onto Emu on a fresh account (or when they upgrade to a new release, so no big deal)
D is the server select.

The problem is screen B, where it requests a button-press. :)
It only shows up after the EQEMU team has restarted the login server, so if you've logged in in the last day or two, you won't see it.

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    361.6 KB · Views: 2
  • b.PNG
    b.PNG
    132.9 KB · Views: 6
  • c.PNG
    c.PNG
    120.8 KB · Views: 8
  • d.PNG
    d.PNG
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
just vote and it goes away.

I've voted on all of my characters dozens of times and it continues to reappear. I noticed that it reappears every time that I would have to change the server number/login server reset.

These are the EQLS settings that come from WINEQ. Is there anything that I can change to make the vote window permanently disappear?

Code:
[MISC]
LastServerID=##
LastServerName=XXX
HasReadSWarning=true
HasViewedWebOrder-1=false
WebOrderViews-1=23
WebOrder-1FirstOffer=1330543495
WebOrder-1LastOffer=1349591684

[UI]
XMLFilename=EQLSUI.xml

[CHAT_OPTIONS]
PlayerNameColor=-1
PlayerChatColor=-6768006
GuideNameColor=-7021579
GuideChatColor=-7691265
AdminNameColor=-569803
AdminChatColor=-1807589
TellColor=-16715776
CommandColor=-16527105
SystemMessageColor=-1
FontSize=3

[PLAYER]
Username=haha, you wish.

[NEWS]
LastViewed=-1285866504

BTW HTW, the plugin works great! Aughh! :):):)
It picked up PEQ immediately!

Not sure to be honest, I only played on one server and never had it come back up.

BTW HTW, the plugin works great! Aughh! :):):)
It picked up PEQ immediately!
Ok, good. Thanks for letting me know.

Regarding the Vote window, I put in some code to skip it. Update and let me know if it does it properly.

Thanks.

htw

Ah ha! It skipped on one but the others still hung at the window.
I did a bit of searching earlier, focusing on Emulator rather than MQ2, and found the easiest solution to the problem that could have been imagined.

I'm going to go put on a dunce cap, now. :)
Thank you for all of your hard work, htw! The only barrier left is porting all of the Pete's Bot functions back to the UF build, but that might be too massive a work order.

And there's another bot (Killians') that has a lot of the same functionality but lacks the AFK pathing/pulling. :)

Ok, update your MQ2AutoLogin plugin, I worked through it and made some changes:

How do I update my plugin? I did the check for updates when the MMO loader loads but it doesn't find a new autologin.

I am using the UF install.

Nevermind I just redownloaded the first install and patched.