MQ2AutoLogin struggles

Cage9d9

Reaction score
I've always tried to use this thing and fail every time. It seems like if you don't open EQs one at a time, and they never crash it works. But if one of the 6 accounts crashes it never reopens the correct one.

I reviewed the wiki pagea nd the ONLY thing I can think of that I am doing wrong is 'launch from mq2' which I don't do, I simply launch from a shortcut on my desktop.

I didn't see an option in the bottom toolbar to launch EQ with MQ2, so I"m wondering if this plugin is basically unsupported and doesn't fully work anymore or if this is user error...

THanks

After doing some quick searching on the forums, I might need to use WinEQ and create Profiles and use the EQLaunch utility htw created and posted?

If this is correct, think we could update the wiki for MQ2AutoLogin to post links to htw thread on EQLaunch and maybe document the WinEQ piece there in the wiki?

I hate asking questions where the answers are readily available to me, I just think here the wiki could have been a bit more informative :)

After doing some quick searching on the forums, I might need to use WinEQ and create Profiles and use the EQLaunch utility htw created and posted?

If this is correct, think we could update the wiki for MQ2AutoLogin to post links to htw thread on EQLaunch and maybe document the WinEQ piece there in the wiki?

I hate asking questions where the answers are readily available to me, I just think here the wiki could have been a bit more informative :)

Go to MQ2AutoLogin Wiki

Hit create an account on left and it should log you in.

Hit edit up top, and add the changes.

The wiki is there for the community to add/edit information. Unfortunately with so many plugins it's impossible for 2 to 3 people to maintain it all ourselves, we need the community to help maintain the wiki which was the reason it was created in the first place.

Fry I understand what you are suggesting, and I'd absolutely do this if I was confident in the information I'd be putting on the wiki. I'm not going to post information that I haven't confirmed nor feel definitive about.

I'm doing some testing, if I can get it working the way I think it should I"ll update wiki

Last edited:
Do you have a seperate EQ folder for each everquest? if so you need to manually login to each one so as to get your username listed on the eq screen.

If you're trying to run 6 from the 1 folder it wont work.

I don't have any problem using this with ISOBoxer software.

The info posted on the wiki worked for me.

Yes, using isboxer / inner space / wineq2 with ini file redirection and it will work off station names. That's because even if you run all of them from the same EQ dir, IS/WEQ redirects accesses to things like eqlsclient.ini (or similar), eqclient.ini, etc. to ones specific to the profile you are launching. When EQ saves changes to that file, it saves them to the redirected ones. Same goes for when EQ loads them.

Without that, to use sessions, it's like wunaye said, you would need each EQ session in its own EQ directory, because each time it launches eq, looks at the .ini, it's the last station name you logged in with - which would keep changing and screw you up.

Otherwise, launch by session number (the default), and if you crash/quit/etc. and need to log that one back in again, just do it manually (i.e., when EQ is launching, hold down the END key on your keyboard until you see the EULA agreement, or at least before mq2autologin kicks in - the plugin checks for end key for each instance launched, if it sees it, it stops automating for that session).

Make sense hopefully. :)

htw

Yup what htw said. isboxer/innerspace costs money, I'm not sure about wineq. So it costs nothing to just have a folder for each eq account.

The only problem with sessions is as you say when you crash it's a pain to get it back up. So much easier to have a separate folder and then if you crash or just want to login 1 or 2 accounts it's easy to do.

Can make a batch file to load up as many accounts as you want at once, too. :) I 5 box so I got a batch file that will open up all 5 EQ in a certain order so my character tabs are always in the same spot on my taskbar.

Yeah wineq2 lite is free. For each EQ profile you make, it has an entry for EQClient.ini, which defaults to: .\eqclient.ini

You'd just do each like:

Profile 1: .\eqclient-ubermonk.ini
Profile 2: .\eqclient-uberbard.ini

That's so you can keep their options separate. If you don't care about that (like the various Alt-O things for example), then leave it.

Each profile will make the login info redirection, for files like: eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile0.ini

When you do it that way, it doesn't matter which session crashes, you just run that profile for the crashed session again, and since it has custom ini, which has the account it was last logged into, then it will log into the correct one.

To each is own I guess. Personally I am not keeping multiple copies of 10+ gig game around just for that (but I use SSDs, so don't like wasting space). Now I might if it were just 2 or 3, but certainly not box crews.

Good info for people though, gives multiple options.

htw