MQ2AutoLogin Assistance

menlaten

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me get this to work correctly. I want to lauch 4 acocunts and what ends up happening is: It skips the first one in the ini file and relauches the 2nd one over and over booting the same toon out of the game. It does it regardless if I have it setup as sessions or account name.

thanks

Are you using just mmobugs or are you using WinEQ or Innerspace in conjunction with it? And have you made sure you have a delay set between sessions? In Eqlaunch I have mine set to 2 mins.

Last edited:
If your not using ISBoxer (Inerspace) AutoLogin is going to log in which ever user name is defaulted when EQ opens up. You need something to fill in the correct username for each instance when it opens. Otherwise exactly what has been happening to you will continue to happen.

If your not using ISBoxer (Inerspace) AutoLogin is going to log in which ever user name is defaulted when EQ opens up. You need something to fill in the correct username for each instance when it opens. Otherwise exactly what has been happening to you will continue to happen.

That is not true at all. If my 1st session crashes and the 2nd one was open as well, I shut the 2nd one down and just restart them both, because it will relog that 2nd one. But it will not do that by default just because ISBoxer is not running.

The only point I was trying to make is AutoLogin looks at the username that is entered, and logs in that account if your using station names instead of sessions.

With the way I have ISBoxer and Autologin setup, if an instance crashes, I just hit my eqlaunch shortcut, or my ISBoxer Profile shortcut and it will log in the character that crashed without touching the ones already logged in. ISBoxer knows which accounts are logged in and starts EQ with the appropriate username [for the crashed account] already in the user name field, then autologin takes over and logs in the account based on that user name.

The only point I was trying to make is AutoLogin looks at the username that is entered, and logs in that account if your using station names instead of sessions.

With the way I have ISBoxer and Autologin setup, if an instance crashes, I just hit my eqlaunch shortcut, or my ISBoxer Profile shortcut and it will log in the character that crashed without touching the ones already logged in. ISBoxer knows which accounts are logged in and starts EQ with the appropriate username [for the crashed account] already in the user name field, then autologin takes over and logs in the account based on that user name.

I would love to know how you got that working with ISBoxer. Every time I have one player crash, I end up logging them all out and relaunching. If I could just launch the crashed character, I would love it.

I'm not using anything other than mmo. Thanks for your response. I will look into IS

@Tar2

Post your edited .ini to exclude names and servers, maybe you're formatting incorrectly? from my experience it was different than what was told to me

@Tar2

Post your edited .ini to exclude names and servers, maybe you're formatting incorrectly? from my experience it was different than what was told to me

It works fine, but there needs to be a way the ISBoxer and autologin interact. I can log everyone in no problem with autologin, but if say character 3 were to crash and I were to launch that character again from ISBoxer, it tries to load the last character in autologin.

Somehow ISBoxer needs to pass the character name or slot to autologin, that is what I'm not sure how to do.

I would love to know how you got that working with ISBoxer. Every time I have one player crash, I end up logging them all out and relaunching. If I could just launch the crashed character, I would love it.

When you set up your characters in ISBoxer you need to put in the account name (your user name). I put my use name in both the account name and sub-account name.

Then obviously make a character set using the characters you setup.

In MQ2AutoLogin you need to use station names, and setup your ini like so:
Code:
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
IniLocation=C:\MacroQuest2\MQ2AutoLogin.ini
Debug=1

[EQ_User_Name_1]
Password=Password
Server=Server_Name
Character=Character Name

[EQ_User_Name_2]
Password=Password
Server=Server_Name
Character=Character Name

When I run my Character Set Shortcut, each new window it opens has the username for that account pre filled in, so autologin will log in the correct character.

If one crashed, when I run my shortcut ISBoxer only opens the window for the character that is not running, with the correct username defaulted. Then autologin takes over logging in the account associated with that user name.

hope that helps

Last edited:
If you use the switch character part of autologin, is it safe?

Code:
MQ2AutoLogin will let you automatically log in characters and accounts simply by starting EQ with MQ2 and this plugin loaded. 

Commands
/switchserver <server short name> <character name> 
, when issued in game, logs you out and logs you back in on whatever server and character specified 

/switchchar <name>|-instant <on|off> 
This will switch characters

and would it work like this

/switchchar MyMonk | -instant on

or

/switchchar MyMonk | on

If you use the switch character part of autologin, is it safe?

Code:
MQ2AutoLogin will let you automatically log in characters and accounts simply by starting EQ with MQ2 and this plugin loaded. 

Commands
/switchserver <server short name> <character name> 
, when issued in game, logs you out and logs you back in on whatever server and character specified 

/switchchar <name>|-instant <on|off> 
This will switch characters

and would it work like this

/switchchar MyMonk | -instant on

or

/switchchar MyMonk | on
IMO, a log review on their side would likely see an instant camp. The switchchar is safe, but I wouldn't use the instant camp part of it, except rarely and when necessary. That's just my 2 cents.

htw