MQ2AutoDestroy v4.00

htw

Developer
Reaction score
I rewrote mq2autodestroy. If any would like to test, I made it compatible with already existing INI files.

Changes/fixes:
  • Fixed CTD issues.
  • Added help, del, status, load, save, list, quiet, clear commands.
  • Changed auto to on/off commands.
  • Changed using dynamically allocated linked lists to vector structs.
  • Now checks for duplicate entries (and removes them).
  • Now determines stack size, instead of hardcoded to 20.
  • Annoying warnings for no section only on initial load.
  • Cosmetic changes. ;-)
  • Dupe check works even if stack/item #'s are different.
  • Check for dupe is also done when trying to add.

I think that's about it.

If you want to give it a try, let me know what you think.

Download MQ2AutoDestroy.dll

htw

At load:
ad1.jpg

/autodestroy help
ad2.jpg

Seems to be running good much quicker that MQ2Cursor.

Is there any way to keep an unlimited number of items? I'm setting everything to 20 St now.

Seems to be running good much quicker that MQ2Cursor.

Is there any way to keep an unlimited number of items? I'm setting everything to 20 St now.

Yes, when you add it to keep, you do it for stacked items, to always keep them: /autokeep al

Example would be like:
/autokeep 10 : keep 10 of item
/autokeep 5 st : keep 5 *stacks* of item
/autokeep al : keep all of item, always

htw

Edit: Help info corrected for al(ways), download link in first post updated.
I just realized for al(ways), I typed the help out wrong. I'll correct that. It will function as I put above (properly), just the help/syntax/example for always I am showing it wrong.

Autodestroy working great have had no problems at all.

One enhancement I would love to see is an auto disable of the AutoKeep and Autodesrtoy, when say the Inventory or Merchant window is up. I’m a lazy bastard and hate needing to cycle the Autokeep on and off to do trades or sell stuff.

Is there a good .ini out there I can get. that has most the junk drops on it to be destroyed?

fuckups

I guess this is more of a personal fuck up than a problem with the plugin but maybe something good can come of my mistake. I tried setting up the INI file for autodestroy today, and i guess i neglected to read the directions completely when i did, cuz i set it up in the file to /autodestroy on , and well i reloaded eq, went afk for a while, and went to cast a clicky outta my bag, and soon as i picked it up it destroyed it, glad i caught my mistake that fast, but, it was an expensive item, so maybe is there a way to add in a check for no trade/lore items? maybe some way to set it to Y/N destroy no trade or lore? and still destroy other cursor items?

Thanks for your patience with my fuckups :p

I guess this is more of a personal fuck up than a problem with the plugin but maybe something good can come of my mistake. I tried setting up the INI file for autodestroy today, and i guess i neglected to read the directions completely when i did, cuz i set it up in the file to /autodestroy on , and well i reloaded eq, went afk for a while, and went to cast a clicky outta my bag, and soon as i picked it up it destroyed it, glad i caught my mistake that fast, but, it was an expensive item, so maybe is there a way to add in a check for no trade/lore items? maybe some way to set it to Y/N destroy no trade or lore? and still destroy other cursor items?

This doesn't just delete items. You have to have an entry in your .ini for the specific item. Just turning it on doesn't make it delete anything that gets on your cursor.

Try this one if you want. I added two new options, AllowDestroyLore & AllowDropLore, via INI, and also via in game /autodestroy or /autodrop commands.

Download MQ2AutoDestroy.dll v4.10

htw

i wanted to point out, although im not sure if this plugin was in any way causing it but i got really nervous when one of my clickys was missing and thought i had destroyed it.. turns out however that some how it just went into limbo ..
the item was not on my cursor nor in any of my bags.. i searched many times and even considered a /petition for accidental deleted item.. but turns out once i logged out and back in the item reappeared.

i wanted to point out, although im not sure if this plugin was in any way causing it but i got really nervous when one of my clickys was missing and thought i had destroyed it.. turns out however that some how it just went into limbo ..
the item was not on my cursor nor in any of my bags.. i searched many times and even considered a /petition for accidental deleted item.. but turns out once i logged out and back in the item reappeared.

I have been haivng this issue too with quick item exchanges. For instance in combat i have 3 clicks...cloak, epic and BP. BP is worn so it doesn't get exchanged but i have several times been missing epic or cloak. for the weapon simply hitting bandolier hotkey to equip the weapon works pulling back out of limbo. The cloak however returns when zoning.

limbo

well, whatever happened, the GM said he confirmed i destroyed and returned it to me while i was afk, so, it is what it is i still think it was my fuckep on not reading the directions on setting the plugin up correctly, but whats done is done and i will be more careful when i go to rewrite the ini tonight, later yall