Bot Macro

Norrathian, I'll try running your ini tonight vs my mq2bot setup. Thanks for posting it

1. No auras are automatically cast. To use the auras, you have to spend 2 gem slots to load them.

This one would be a huge limitation, if you are stuck with only using the 12 spells memm'd, is that the case with the plugin? Or can you hotswap spells in and out, mostly for shaman and necro, you are always stuck swapping spells during and out of combat.

I would take the macro any day over the plugin if that was a limitation.

Does anyone else have the problem of their characters constantly rebuffing themselves with all their clickies in between fights? All 3 of mine are constantly redoing buffs and only stop when a mob is pulled.

Also, my wizard is announcing twice when he casts spells. The chanter and cleric do not.

Does anyone else have the problem of their characters constantly rebuffing themselves with all their clickies in between fights? All 3 of mine are constantly redoing buffs and only stop when a mob is pulled.

Also, my wizard is announcing twice when he casts spells. The chanter and cleric do not.

I don't have that problem. What clickies are you referring to btw?

Norrathian, I'll try running your ini tonight vs my mq2bot setup. Thanks for posting it

I know a couple things are in need of repair. I've already fixed the problem with Dichotomic companion trying to be cast when the pet is out of range. Several more odd bugs to fix, but it's getting better.

If you need more then 12 spells and have to use fastmem to load 20 dots on group content then you need more wizard, only reason I would use bot.mac might be for raiding and this is just my opinion and my group setup just saying.

i use Bot.mac on my clerics still to this day the rez routine seems to be alot faster then the one in the plugin but most of my other toons i have moved over to the plugin

If you need more then 12 spells and have to use fastmem to load 20 dots on group content then you need more wizard, only reason I would use bot.mac might be for raiding and this is just my opinion and my group setup just saying.

It's not just necros and dots. As I showed earlier, if you want to use 2 auras, that's 2 wasted gems right there because the plugin doesn't load them automatically. Want to use Rallied Ward of Vie? There's three gems. Any other unique buffs you like to give to your tank or group? There goes 5 or 6 gem slots. These problems are thorns for buff classes like clerics, shaman, and even my enchanter. Like I said earlier, the plugin is really great for 95% of the population. But if you really want to get the most out of your characters, the limitations that the plugin has just doesn't allow it.

My gear. Knowledge of the Past, etc.

My gear. Knowledge of the Past, etc.

Sent you a PM with a fix

***slaps hand to forehead****

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG....

I just realized something, that for some reason I didn't catch before. Sections listed in OptionsCheck will only happen when NOT in combat. CombatFrequency is what happens when in combat.

I have started reading up on the bot plugin, but it'll be a bit before I'm competent enough to port my toons over to it. In the mean time, I'm very logical and that makes perfecting scripts fairly easy.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG....

I just realized something, that for some reason I didn't catch before. Sections listed in OptionsCheck will only happen when NOT in combat. CombatFrequency is what happens when in combat.

I have started reading up on the bot plugin, but it'll be a bit before I'm competent enough to port my toons over to it. In the mean time, I'm very logical and that makes perfecting scripts fairly easy.

This is false. The OptionsCheck consists of sections of the ini that the bot uses when not in a raid setting. The OptionsCheckRaid is the sections of the ini that the bot uses when in a raid setting. For example, if you start up the bot and you have absolutely nothing in the clickynuke section of the ini, you may get an error message asking you to take out that section of the ini if you aren't going to use it. It has nothing to do with in or out of combat. It just lets the macro know which sections of the ini to use.

On the other hand, Combat Frequency does have something to do with combat. Namely, it tells the macro how many times to check sections of the ini per 5 cycles. So if you have Heal listed in combat frequency 5, it will check it 5 out of 5 cycles. If you have it listed in combat frequency 1, it will check it 1 out of 5 cycles. In short, you want your most important sections listed in the combat frequency 5 and the least important things listed in combat frequency 1.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Here's what I found

While working on a friend's beastlord ini, I only had OptionsCheck=AA|Nuke. I remembered I needed to incorporate something else (sorry I forget what atm) - it was either buff or disc (pretty sure it was buff). Anyway, I've got him running on 1 screen and the ini on the other, all of a sudden he did the thing I forgot.

I'll double check my results when he logs - and 'll provide the beastlord ini when I'm done with it (right now he's lvl 101 and between 35 and 50k dps and I know he can do better).

1. No auras are automatically cast. To use the auras, you have to spend 2 gem slots to load them.

This one would be a huge limitation, if you are stuck with only using the 12 spells memm'd, is that the case with the plugin? Or can you hotswap spells in and out, mostly for shaman and necro, you are always stuck swapping spells during and out of combat.

I would take the macro any day over the plugin if that was a limitation.
Auras are set to force mem in the plugin. As an aside; toggling something from having to be memmed vs allowing to be cast is literally me changing a 0 to a 1 in the plugin. I can add in the ability for people to choose what gem gets used for any of the spells and allow the ability to toggle gems, it just hasnt been high on the priority list.

I typically focus on a single feature at a time until it is complete because of debug issues. Plugins are different from macros for debug issues because plugins can cause CTDs. I only try to add a single feature at a time until i know it is not crashing, then move on to the next feature. So the easy solution to making mq2bot better is just say what you want and provide feedback as things are added.

I've dropped support entirely for bot.mac and mq2bot will eventually do everything and more that bot.mac did. The only things missing really are full on pull support and buffing group members other than using group self buffs on yourself. im actually surprised so many people even use bot.mac considering the plugin is so much easier and does virtually the same thing with 0 setup. Maybe people are afraid because they think a plugin is hard? i dont know.

I've dropped support entirely for bot.mac and mq2bot will eventually do everything and more that bot.mac did. The only things missing really are full on pull support and buffing group members other than using group self buffs on yourself. im actually surprised so many people even use bot.mac considering the plugin is so much easier and does virtually the same thing with 0 setup. Maybe people are afraid because they think a plugin is hard? i dont know.

Is it maybe cause with mq2bot you have to do holyshits for melee toons? Not sure, i've only really used mq2bot on casters, haven't really played around with melee toons and mq2bot. I can see it being challenging for people to create holyshits from scratch.

Is it maybe cause with mq2bot you have to do holyshits for melee toons? Not sure, i've only really used mq2bot on casters, haven't really played around with melee toons and mq2bot. I can see it being challenging for people to create holyshits from scratch.
why would you have to create holyshits? all you have to set up is your stick range info.

Resolved

Lugnut

I've noticed the same pull problem. I verified it happens even if no one has come nearby. It's not always the same mob(s) that start getting skipped over. A few bits of diagnostic info:

Stopping the macro and restarting does not fix it (same mobs are skipped)
Camping to char select and returning doesn't fix it
Zoning and returning doesn't fix it - that one surprised me

Camping to desktop and returning DOES fix it.

Any clues on what's causing it, and a solution?

As I've said in the past, Pete, I didn't like the plugin because it lacked the fine grain control of the macro. I'd get into a fight with a trash mob and the wizard would unload every one of his AA on it like I normally scripted to wait to do on a named.

If the plugin INI allows me the same level control as the macro, I'll try it again. While ideal, the macro has a lot of issues that I can't fix.

Last edited:
bot.mac vs mq2bot vs _______

As I've said in the past, Pete, I didn't like the plugin because it lacked the fine grain control of the macro. I'd get into a fight with a trash mob and the wizard would unload every one of his AA on it like I normally scripted to wait to do on a named.

If the plugin INI allows me the same level control as the macro, I'll try it again. While ideal, the macro has a lot of issues that I can't fix.

I don't think the issue is difficulty of use of the plugin. Mq2melee is really simple, but there's very little true customization that can be done. I know what those familiar with mq2melee are thinking, many parameters can be customized to only trigger if you've got the % endurance, but what about this scenario: you're fighting and the MT dies and you need to quickly out-aggro someone who wasn't paying attention to their aggro building, or a mob gets loose and heads for a healer, or you're killing the final mob right before the big boss and you don't want to use AAs/skills that take 20+ minutes to refresh, even though this mob is also a named.

Individual customization is where many of us are at. With that in mind, pulling was the ability mq2bot doesn't/didn't do fully. That's the part I've really got the question about. To that end, I noticed something this morning. I've been running a couple separate groups and if a mob spawns and aggros someone in group 2, the puller for group 1, at least temporarily, ignores that mob. Now, that sounds like a good thing, but here comes the customization again....

If group 1 is helping group 2 and we want group 2 to get the kill credit, and both groups are assisting the puller in group 1, we need to NOT skip any mobs that are aggro'd on members on the Trusted list (with the possible exception if they're setup a few hundred feet away and both groups are farming an area --- think 3 people in 1 group split up to stop the spiders in behemoth event in PoI.

One idea I had was to set everyone up as puller with the pullcondition (SpawnCount[NPC radius X zradius Z]}==0 and set the assisted puller to a massive series of IFTHEN to cover all the options. One option was set everyone to puller if anything was within X/Z radius with assisttypes of 2, but I believe this would result in mobs getting passed over due to aggroing another group.

In the end, the only two things that matter to me is customization and consistency.

So my question, if the puller routine is skipping mobs that someone else has aggro'd, can this be turned off temporarily to see if that's what is causing the problems with pull consistency? If not, no one else is within a specific range except those on the trusted list, the temp ignore mobs should be cleared.