MQ2 Not Showing IN Game

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am using a new laptop and although the mmoloader is showing in my task icon window, it is not showing up in game at all.

Does anyone know what I can change/do to make it usable? Again, it is not showing up AT ALL in game.

Thanks!

Disregard. Deleting mmobugs and redownloading it worked like a charm!

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue. I can load a self compiled version, and it seems to show up without an issue; however, when I load MMObugs version it doesn't show up in game. The instance of the game will show in the loader screen, along with the file path and it states it's not injected. When I attempt to inject it basically nothing happens.

I have the 32 bit versions of C++ 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, and also I have the 64 bit version of 2015. I have tried uninstalling the 64 bit version, running mmobugs, but I still get no results. I only have 2015's 64 bit version, I don't have any of the previous versions on my computer. I pretty much built this particular machine to run EQ. I also use ISBoxer, but that's never been an issue before.

If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know.

Hello,

I am having a bit of an issue. I can load a self compiled version, and it seems to show up without an issue; however, when I load MMObugs version it doesn't show up in game. The instance of the game will show in the loader screen, along with the file path and it states it's not injected. When I attempt to inject it basically nothing happens.

I have the 32 bit versions of C++ 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, and also I have the 64 bit version of 2015. I have tried uninstalling the 64 bit version, running mmobugs, but I still get no results. I only have 2015's 64 bit version, I don't have any of the previous versions on my computer. I pretty much built this particular machine to run EQ. I also use ISBoxer, but that's never been an issue before.

If there is any additional information I can provide please let me know.

Are you compiling your own MMOBugs version of it Plague?

Nope, I have one that a friend compiled for me to test on my machine. Then I have the MMOBugs version that I downloaded through here. I can load the MQ2 version that's compiled for a group of us, and it will load up without an issue. I can exit out, close it out of the system tray, and then run the loaded on mmobugs. It will run, thank me, and when I log in it will recognize the account. For some reason it just won't inject into the game.

Nope, I have one that a friend compiled for me to test on my machine. Then I have the MMOBugs version that I downloaded through here. I can load the MQ2 version that's compiled for a group of us, and it will load up without an issue. I can exit out, close it out of the system tray, and then run the loaded on mmobugs. It will run, thank me, and when I log in it will recognize the account. For some reason it just won't inject into the game.

Have you tried the previous fix of uninstalling and reinstalling of mmobugs version of it. Also, have you run the updater?

Have you tried the previous fix of uninstalling and reinstalling of mmobugs version of it. Also, have you run the updater?

Yessir, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have tried requesting updates and it says it is up to date. At first I thought it had something to do with the C++ redistributable packs, but I've tried almost every combination of those as well. If you get the time, can you check and see which ones you have installed? Perhaps you have a pack I don't that mmobugs runs on, but I didn't think that would be the case since a different compiled version runs on my system.

*removed broken image, attached to later post*

Everything seems to communicate just fine, it recognizes the program but for some reason it doesn't want to inject into the running instance. I just can't seem to figure out why!

Thank you for helping, by the way. It's much appreciated.

Last edited:
The image didn't show up.

Try disabling all anti-virus and firewall software.

Also try right clicking MMOLoader.exe and running it as an administrator. Check you've got all windows updates.

What operating system are you running?

Also try right clicking MMOLoader.exe and running it as an administrator. Check you've got all windows updates.

I agree with everything in this post :)

Oops, my fault. I forgot photobucket changed their image hosting to pay.

I'm running Windows 10, the only update I haven't downloaded is the creator update because I'm not a fan.

I only use the regular Windows Defender AV, nothing special. Windows firewall is active on my computer, but I've made exceptions. I have run it as administrator, but it still does the same thing. It loads, shows in the system tray, shows as up to date, etc. I use uPnP so ports shouldn't be in the way or anything. All my traffic goes through properly and the system information shows me the software version that your server is displaying as correct (that's why I assumed communication wasn't an issue since I can see the server version, I assumed it was local). I can email or message the pic I was trying to host if that helps. mmobugs does see the instance of EQ running, it identifies it, gives it a PID but just doesn't inject.

Last edited:

Oops, my fault. I forgot photobucket changed their image hosting to pay.

I'm running Windows 10, the only update I haven't downloaded is the creator update because I'm not a fan.

I only use the regular Windows Defender AV, nothing special. Windows firewall is active on my computer, but I've made exceptions. I have run it as administrator, but it still does the same thing. It loads, shows in the system tray, shows as up to date, etc. I use uPnP so ports shouldn't be in the way or anything. All my traffic goes through properly and the system information shows me the software version that your server is displaying as correct (that's why I assumed communication wasn't an issue since I can see the server version, I assumed it was local). I can email or message the pic I was trying to host if that helps. mmobugs does see the instance of EQ running, it identifies it, gives it a PID but just doesn't inject.

This forum will let you post a picture to it. When you hit reply, scroll down a little to the "Additional Options" section and Click the red "Manage Attachments" button to upload the image to the forum.

Ensure you are installing the correct client version. For example, if you are playing on Live server and have the Test MMOBugs installed/running it will NOT inject and simulate what you've stated here.

Vice versa as well, if you're playing on Test and installed Live MMOBugs you'll have issues as well.

Ensure you are installing the correct client version. For example, if you are playing on Live server and have the Test MMOBugs installed/running it will NOT inject and simulate what you've stated here.

Vice versa as well, if you're playing on Test and installed Live MMOBugs you'll have issues as well.

I play on an Emu server, and have used MMOBugs on it before, and there are others that use it currently. I apologize as I did a google search that pulled up this thread, and started posting on it. I just now realized that there is an Emu subforum that I should have posted this in to begin with, my apologies.

I actually used it for a long time before I took a bit of a hiatus. I just built a different machine, and am working on getting everything up and running. Anyway, if an admin, or mod could move this to the other subforum, or if I should start a new thread.

This forum will let you post a picture to it. When you hit reply, scroll down a little to the "Additional Options" section and Click the red "Manage Attachments" button to upload the image to the forum.

Thanks a bunch. I added it to this post this time. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
Did you use installer, or zip? I did not see redistribution 2017 in your list, have you installed those?

Did you use installer, or zip? I did not see redistribution 2017 in your list, have you installed those?

I downloaded the full installer (MQ2-MMOBugs-2017-10-01-Setup.exe). I installed 2017 at first, but it overwrote 2015 when I installed. When I couldn't get MMOBugs to work at first I uninstalled it and reverted back. I will download and test it right now though. My setup as it sits on this post is attached.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
Update:

I uninstalled all of the 2015 and 2017 C++ redis pack from my computer. Both 32 and 64 bit. Then just to be thorough I used revo to uninstall MMOBugs, just to clear everything out for a fresh install. The installer said it was installing the 2015 and 2017 C++ packs. The install completed without an error message, but only the 2017 32 bit C++ pack was listed in programs and features. I tried loading it up just to see if it would work, but it still didn't inject. I have attached copies of my programs/features when the install was done, and then another image of the System Information showing the account is recognized, just not injected. If needed I can manually install the 32 bit versions of C++ 2015 and 2017. I have run that before, but with the same results.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 3

I play on an Emu server, and have used MMOBugs on it before, and there are others that use it currently. I apologize as I did a google search that pulled up this thread, and started posting on it. I just now realized that there is an Emu subforum that I should have posted this in to begin with, my apologies.

I actually used it for a long time before I took a bit of a hiatus. I just built a different machine, and am working on getting everything up and running. Anyway, if an admin, or mod could move this to the other subforum, or if I should start a new thread.

Thanks a bunch. I added it to this post this time. Much appreciated.

Based on that picture it doesn't know where EQ is located I believe?

LMFAO I see the problem. It says you are using an EQGame from May 10 2013

Do you have multiple copies of EQ on your computer? Is the directory it's showing correct?

Last edited: