MQ2 & EZ server crashing?

davidd

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Using titanium with newest compile. Crashing way to much for about 3-4 days now. fire it up without mq2 and all is good.

anyone else having this prob?

i got lots of issues with mq2 and sod ... on emu server :(

end up giving myself gm rights and using gm commands mostly.

i might have to break htw an arm :)

hehe

s0rCieR

all was fine for about a month but about a week ago i started getting crashes alot especially when zoning.....not using /zone just normal legit zoning

all was fine for about a month but about a week ago i started getting crashes alot especially when zoning.....not using /zone just normal legit zoning
MQ2 hasn't changed for quite a while. Probably pretty much since I released it for this one. Have any files changed for the server, that they had you get? (client files)

on ez server plane of dragons (plane of sky) and plane of gods (HOH) change alot, also the spell file changes alot also.....these are the only things i have downloaded recently that i believe would change anything.

as far as content he has also added a few big quests and holiday events but not sure if that would necessarily affect anything.

Last edited:
If his .exe file changes in the slightest, it is going to affect MQ2, and not for the good. I will be very surprised if you will be able to keep MQ2 running on that emu.

the strange thing is the free mq from mqemulator always works fine, i mean it only has map and stick pretty much but it always works and never needs updated as far as ive seen.

When you only have a small amount of required data to keep the compile going, in your example, stick and map feature, it is relatively easy to create a signature for the location your data is in, and then search for that to auto-update the structures when changes are made to the executable. This concept isn't perfect, but it allows for things to continue to run smoothly up until the signature becomes outdated (when the stuff the signature references changes in the code). Hope this clears things up a little for ya.

tx for the explanation it definitely makes sense.

I downloaded some new updates and all seems to be working great once again)