moveutils nightmare

haim

Reaction score
It seems that mq2moveutils has completely gone haywire on me.

As soon as everything is plugged in and loaded on all toons, I engage with a mob and all the melee toons start running rampant throughout the zone aggroing other mobs until the char gets stuck on a rock or in the room.

Or a caster will run around crazily if I move the main char.

It's really a mess and I haven't seen anyone post about this issue Im wondering what Im doing differently to cause this.

As a result I have resorted to moving each character individually when melee starts.

What could possibly be causing this ?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: I have tried loading plugins in a different order as well.

You tried messing with MQ2FPS and changing foreground and background FPS? It sounds like the background windows are lagging on turning and causing problems.

Interesting problem.

Is this a new problem?

When did it start?

What have you changed in the last week or two ??

As soon as everything is plugged in and loaded on all toons, I engage with a mob and all the melee toons start running rampant throughout the zone aggroing other mobs until the char gets stuck on a rock or in the room.

No offense, but reading this line caused me to spit up the coffee I was in the process of drinking. You owe me one programmable keyboard. :eek:

I sure hope you get this fixed. But if not can I log in a toon and watch?

(Seriously, though, sounds like a real pain, hope you get it worked out.)

Last edited:
Moveutils

Fry is right. I have had that problem before. Its the background FPS. You could manually turn them to max in ALT O in game settings, or run mq2Fps. Granted, both work i just choose to set max background FPS in game because of /follow.

NVM!

Last edited:
Background FPS should be turned UP to fix the problem, not down, decreasing the FPS would likely enhance the issue if this was the cause.

The MQ plugins get called once each frame. If your FPS = 50 then get called a lot and things should be work smoothly.

If your FPS = 1 then you only get one 'move' command a second.

Try setting the in game background and foreground FPS to MAX and disable MQ2FPS and WinEQ2 "PlayNice" feature.

This will give you the maximum resources to each client and things should be smooth *IF* your computer has enough CPU / GPU to handle the number of clients you are running.

*IF* your computer is older and struggles to draw all the stuff each frame, then you want to use MQ2FPS to limit the number of frames and have MQ2FPS limit the RENDERING of down to 1 frame in 10-30. This cuts down on the hardware requirements for your CPU/GPU considerable.

if you drop your frame rate under about 10-15 fps then you are going to get weird movement from moveutils, circle, follow, etc.

Last edited: