MMoLoader on Windows 10

flatlined785

Reaction score
Windows 10 has a new "notifications and actions center".
If you used a windows phone it's the same as the notification center in that.
All the new "modern apps" can use this directly.

Now it is in beta, but currently the way it works for desktop apps is :
Any tasktray app (like MMOLoader) now automatically generates notifications when the tasktray app changes it's popup tooltip text. This will pop up on the top right of the screen in the metro notification style, and it will make an entry in the notifications center.

MMOLoader puts a lot of text changes into it's tooltip. It spams the hell out of the notification center.
Even worse if you crash EQ, you get multiple messages.

I'd like to suggest changing the way all these notifications happen on Win 10, at the least. Detect Win 10 and if so, squelch a lot of the tooltip / notification changes, because we don't really need to know that
MMOLoader loaded
MMO Loader logged in <type of login>
MMO Loaded checked for updates
MMO Loader got updates
MMO Loader loaded EQ
MMO Loader detected EQ crashed
MMO Loader stopped EQ sending the crash report

Or whatever. In fact probably it only is of interest if something goes wrong, or maybe the update is done and applied.

Windows 10 detects as Windows 6.3 (win 8/server 2012 is 6.2).

Also, is there any chance of putting in an option to catch the EQ crashes and just exit? Currently it's a bit of a pain, I know it won't submit the report but I don't need to click ok to that bit every time really.
If multiple sessions crash at once it's a real pain working out which windows are and are not dead.

For win10, I can get that added in. I'll have to d/l the beta image so I can put up a vm for testing.

The core 'crash notification' is something I have considered taking out for a while now, and at the least, I will add you a .ini option that just says stfu and die.

htw