MMOLoader Download

Zero0003

The One Who Sees All!
Reaction score
Fry/HTW,

Any chance you would be able to add a feature to auto download for any updates? I have mmoloader on startup and was thinking it would be a good feature to have that it would have an option to auto download any new updates without clicking next to start it.

Also i've had some wierd issues with the loader being attach to some phantom process and it won't launch. Every once in awhile I will close down all EQ sessions and also mmoloader I would have all EQ sessions closed and verified in task manager but when I try and launch mmoloader again it will say its being used by another process. Any thoughts to that or reports?

Sometime in the next week or so, mmoloader 4 I will release for live servers, and that addresses both your questions. Test and a couple of EMU already use v4, but live is still on v3.

htw

Look forward to it too.

Will help a lot with some VM's i have in place.

Did they start allowing VM's to be used again for everquest?

I know the last time they were handing out bans like crazy

I pointed to my existing installation and it wiped out plugin config ><.
It wants to load all plugins.

It's logging in fine here, did it want to install any dependencies for either of you? Such as vc2010 redist, .net 4 redist, etc.?

Also, make sure it has MMOLoader.dll there in your MQ2 dir.

htw

I pointed it to my existing installation, and I think it may have only downloaded the mmoloader itself and then it showed me my plugin config screen with everything checked.

I guess I'll have to pick the ones I need again, and disabled all others.
I'll take a screenshot for backup.

No dependencies needed or prompted

I pointed it to my existing installation, and I think it may have only downloaded the mmoloader itself and then it showed me my plugin config screen with everything checked.

I guess I'll have to pick the ones I need again, and disabled all others.
I'll take a screenshot for backup.

No dependencies needed or prompted
It does create backups for you, as MacroQuest.buX where X is a number. So you can re-use that to see your list.

I apologize for it doing that, it's using the old method of reading them (i.e., mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd), so if the ini has new method but turned off (such as mq2chatwnd=0), it's seeing that as 'on'.

I'll get it updated pronto.

htw

Thanks, I found the old copies and also made a backup of my mq.ini file before saving the new selection of plugins.

Sidenote, the new way of storing plugins to load looks a lot cleaner. GJ

It seems to be logging in fine to MMOLoader, but EQ is crashing on load now.

Seems "No 3D devices found" is usually related to graphics cards/drivers. However, EQ loads just fine without MMOLoader running. So not sure what MMOLoader is doing that would cause this error.

Last edited:

Seems "No 3D devices found" is usually related to graphics cards/drivers. However, EQ loads just fine without MMOLoader running. So not sure what MMOLoader is doing that would cause this error.
Can you check your plugin config, see if all that got turned on? It sounds like a plugin is doing it - also, restart loader, I updated it to deal with the INI issue.

htw

Can you check your plugin config, see if all that got turned on? It sounds like a plugin is doing it - also, restart loader, I updated it to deal with the INI issue.

htw
When I say a plugin is doing it, the "No 3d Devices Found" that you can see with EQ if MQ2 is loaded, is usually due to having too many MQ2 plugins being loaded, so it screws with it.

Do this:

1) Close loader.
2) In your MQ2 dir, find the last backup that doesn't have all those plugins turned on (in MacroQuest.bu# where # is a number), in the [Plugins] section. Just copy that backup to MacroQuest.ini
3) Start loader.

htw

Yeah, I see now...all the plugins are enabled in macroquest.ini; that makes sense as to why it could be crashing on load. Let me try disabling some plugins

Ok thanks Zeta1.

Copying previous post here just in case others miss it. Only a few grabbed the .12 from what I can see, and .13 should not do it.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Blame the test server bastages. ;)

attention

Attention

When I say a plugin is doing it, the "No 3d Devices Found" that you can see with EQ if MQ2 is loaded, is usually due to having too many MQ2 plugins being loaded, so it screws with it.

Do this:

1) Close loader.
2) In your MQ2 dir, find the last backup that doesn't have all those plugins turned on (in MacroQuest.bu# where # is a number), in the [Plugins] section. Just copy that backup to MacroQuest.ini
3) Start loader.

htw

Do this:

1) Close loader.
3) Start loader.

Yup , that did the trick. Loading just fine now. Thanks HTW