MMO games

davidd

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I don't get much of a chance checking out other games, but am growing tired of EQ. So what I was wondering is what online games are out there that are pretty fun and have pvp you can choose to get involved with. I am not really interested in eq2,SWG,or wow. What are games out there that some of you have toyed with and found to be rather impressive?

LoTRO and Eve Online.... LoTRO is kinda good, Eve Online is fun but you have to understand you can not just jump into PvP or high end PvE. But you can build your character while offline. Both games I find more enjoyable atm then anything else about.

when you say cant jump right into do you mean you got to offer a duel kinda thing? or both parties got to agree to it before you engage?

when I say you cannt jump right into PvP because you will get fucked up.. like alive one second dead before you relize the next.

Eve online has a safe area and a youbefucked area.

0.0-1.0 security sectors
0.0 -0.5 is PvP area as well as PvE
0.6-1.0 are Concord(basically game police.) controlled areas.

You can freely attack npcs in 0.6-1.0 but not PCs. If you attack a PC concord can and does jump you fast.
Below 0.5 your free game. NPCs hurt and PCs really hurt.

www.eveonline.com to read up some more on it

hey that sounds pretty wild. thanks! hows the game populations in them 2 games you mentioned?

lotro is new but it has a decent population.

Eve has a pretty good sized community its only one server and it tells you how many people are logged in at the time.