Man Outsourced Own Job

Haha he worked for the same company I do. I could easily see how this would be possible.

Lol I really don't see the problem. Was the man's work getting done in adequate time and adequate quality? If so then the company agreed to pay him what they were because they felt that work was worth it, if he subbed out the work to someone else who cares, as long as it's done. He is the one responsible if something isn't done or doesn't work right.

Basically he was a manager, instead of a developer, because that is all managers really do, sub work out to others and get paid lots of money to do it.

Lol I really don't see the problem. Was the man's work getting done in adequate time and adequate quality? If so then the company agreed to pay him what they were because they felt that work was worth it, if he subbed out the work to someone else who cares, as long as it's done. He is the one responsible if something isn't done or doesn't work right.

Basically he was a manager, instead of a developer, because that is all managers really do, sub work out to others and get paid lots of money to do it.

Gov't subcontractor. They had a security audit and confidential information was being passed to China. That's why he was fired over it.

There is a few issues with this tactic.

1) providing an unknown 3rd party access to corporate networks
2) shipping company property to an unknown 3rd party for access
3) company contracted VZB to audit to determine nature/cause/scope of compromise

My friend works at VZB in their security department. It easily costs 20k/engagement for him to come out and assess your network. The amount of time and resources investigating this probably cost upwards of 100k.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was sued for fraud in an attempt to recover his wages and cost of the investigation.