mage beaming

Rejoice913

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ajyone have any info on mage beaming. My mage is 92 and I want to start trying this. I can't find any info like aa/skills/spells you need .or good zones. Or any info at all on google

Any info would be appreciated anf if your on zek. Ill add you to my group :)

I remember mages doing this in Icefall way back when. Basically they would pull every non-summoning mob in the zone and circle them around into a nice tight group. They would then cast their beam of solteris over and over again.

So just use aoe spells. Get crit aa. And goto town? How do they not kill you when you stop to ccast. They are doing in BD instance for 35 to 50 k per pulll now

Usually, if you get stunned, you die. So your goal is to not get hit. so you run far away, cast, and then run. like wizard kiting without snare.

The cast time is short enough you can cast and move before you get face rolled from my understanding. It is quad kitting druid/wiz just with no snare basically. only I think yours is directional

and you are probably going to be blind doing it (so noblind could help)

isn't there a no blind offset in docrack? Or does that no longer work anymore?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

isn't there a no blind offset in docrack? Or does that no longer work anymore?

That is what he was referring too.

why would you be blind? recourse of the spell ?

Yep. It has a chance to blind you.

Did they remove the unlimited mob flag from mage beam? I know wizards were crying about getting theirs removed while mages got to keep theirs.

Only wizard beams had the blind chance AFAIK. And yea, Mage beams still have no target limit, but, it takes friggin forever. You probably only get one pull, MAYBE 2 in an hour, considering it takes 30 minutes to kill the swarm =P

Edit: That said, I've tried to pull mobs in BD, but I must suck at pulling. Casting time on mage spells are really too annoyingly long to pull and keep running (WTB /speed back!) and mobs / wanderers have hit me that by the 20th or 30th mob, I die.

Mages right now pretty much are just pulling the whole zone, it lags the zone down and the mobs just kinda stop moving, so you just sit there and chain cast your beam spell until they're all dead.

Last edited:
Yeah the key is pulling large amounts of mobs until the zone lags and they can't hit you. If they're hitting you then you need more mobs lol. Just do it in an empty zone/instance or you can be reported for it.

Edit: Ill also point out that it's a douche bag thing to do to pull an entire zone while others are xping there.

Last edited:
Edit: Ill also point out that it's a douche bag thing to do to pull an entire zone while others are xping there.

Pups of War BD instance is still mostly DB mobs at 100. At 92 that might be a bit of a tough place to do, and I'm not really sure what instances would work well for it.

Do it in an instance. It's still a borderline exploit (you're exploiting lag), so either way, I'd avoid doing it in an open zone. That said, mages on some servers do it in public zones (Evantil is the big one right now) and SoE seems to not be willing to do anything about it, even when petitioned by other players.

last time i did this there was still no limit ...

key to doing this "well" is pull enough mobs that the zone starts lagging then gather them in a group and pop your beam ... move away a few steps and do it again .... repeat until you have killed enough that zone isnt laggy and gather some more

spend those AAs

Or... duo with a class that has aoe-snare (druid, wiz for 2) and XP without exploiting lag.

Or... duo with a class that has aoe-snare (druid, wiz for 2) and XP without exploiting lag.

It makes it easier if you do it with a class that can snare or aoe-snare. Girlfriend has a lvl 100 mage and could do small pulls in CoB before she caught up on some of the aa's she needed in order to do this more effectively. Yes you can use the zone lag to your advantage but you can also time it so you can do smaller pulls because of certain aa cool downs. It really isn't that complicated. With DD aa's she can crit 30 to 50k each mob every cast, and there is no limit on number of mobs so long as they are in range. Have heard that Windsong instance is a good one to do. Just clear zone, rinse and repeat.