Macro Program

Tylerlee17

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the proper forum to post under as I am new to this site; however, does anyone know of a good program that I can use to create/save/edit macros? Thanks for the help, and to mod's feel free to move the forum if it's inproper in its location, thanks.

I use TextPad 5.0.3 but any word processor works fine

TextPad5 ftw.

Macros are simply text files saved with the .mac extension (as opposed to .doc, or .txt, etc). You paste the text into any text editor (Notepad or Wordpad come with windows, but I recommend something with a few more features), then "save as type: All Files (*.*)", then when you save the file, do "filename.mac".

what other features are there with that as apposed to the notepad that comes with windows? as far as writing/editing macros?

copy find replace features(more elaborate then notepads0 find open end to { [ sort functions. Lots of little stuff

Show line numbers, find specific line numbers, show "keywords" in color, tab-matching, tabbed window (for multiple files open at once) or a sidebar listing all open files at once.

I've used UEStudio for a while, is nice for many things, but damn I hate it forcing some characters and words in the case defined in the syntaxfile..

Crimson Editor (or Emerald Editor as the continued version is called, and yet isn't) is actually a very nice and free editor. Can find the syntax files I have for macros if wanted.

To all you guys using TextPad, NotePad++ or UltraEdit...there are much newer versions of each of those available at their sites or in torrents. I went searching to find a good text editor and am giving each one a whirl for a week or so and then pick one.

I got the newest versions of each one in less than 30 min from when I started looking, so they're easy to get.

NotePad++ v5.0
UltraEdit32 v14.00b
TextPad v5.20

I installed all 3 and each one is on my right click mouse menu so I can take a look at the same files with each editor.

i found UltraEdit to be the best program for macro creation and editing, you can download it via bit torrent here, you'll also want the word file for it found here

I tried loading the wordfile info int eh newest versin of ultra edit and it don't seem to work correctly. Is it working for other people? I'm using version 14.

my last Lang number was 13 so changed the wiki version to L14
when i select the view instead of showing "macroquest2" it lists it as "Language 14", language 15, ect. also shows up makes me think maybe the wordfile formatting might have changed in the new version