Macro hanging issues

evilbarney

Reaction score
when ever i start macros i get a lock up from 10 to 20 seconds is there a way i can find out what part of the macro is causing this ?

Not without posting the macro so we can look at it.

its 6 differnt macros and its only with the mmobugs compile the other people i know that use them self compile from the mq2 forams

it's every macro you start hangs for 20-30 seconds . Not sure what to tell you. I've never heard of that. It's gotta be something specific to your setup somehow.

Well you would need to start with your plugin list. From that point give us one macro and we can go about trouble shooting it.

Basically right now you are saying here metric shit ton of hay. Go find a gold needle.

try /plugin mq2nogoto unload

People having that plugin loaded can have some major issues with macros.

That doesn't mean anything. Did you try stock mq2 with the macros, and have no issue? All kinds of people here use macros, some quite compilicated, without a problem. Hell, I do. A problem like that with the compile would be bitched about by a lot of people to no end.

htw

my macros lag for like 10-30 seconds when i start them, have for a long time, but its because im boxing a full group with really complicated macros on the same computer. once they are running its all good

my macros lag for like 10-30 seconds when i start them, have for a long time, but its because im boxing a full group with really complicated macros on the same computer. once they are running its all good
Yeah, it's gotta load all that stuff up, true - and it's synchronous, so EQ will 'hang' until it's done pre-processing the code. Out of interest, what #turbo setting do you use with yours?

htw

i use 60, i havent tried higher, should i?

i use 60, i havent tried higher, should i?
Na, I was just interested. Turbo would affect how a macro runs (processes), but not load initially (pre-process).

Hmm... I have an idea, if it pans out, I'll have to eat my words to evilbarney. It would take a new compile release though. If I put up a zip, willing to try it and see if any change in your initial delays?

htw

new things scare me. though i would be willing to try. im sure others as well. i may not be able to test for a couple days.

What kind of initial code you need tested htw? Mine only take me maybe 3 seconds to load at turbo 60, but there is a noticeable pause in one part (checking for automatic clicky buffs). If you think the code would effect mine I can give it a test for you.

Mainly just how the benchmarks react, around macros primarily, but other events would be fine too.

A pre/post comparison with some reasonable amount of data would be cool, but not necessarily the biggest indicator - the biggest being what you notice yourself.

Not sure how many people do the benchmarks, so reminder: /benchmark

Here is the download link, if anyone wants to play with it:

DOWNLOAD HERE

Prevent patching by running: mmoloader.exe patchme

htw

Last edited:
didnt even know about /benchmark! there a way to output that to mq2log so im not hand jamming?

didnt even know about /benchmark! there a way to output that to mq2log so im not hand jamming?
Not really.

I just added it to MQ2MMOTLO if you want to use it though:

http://www.mmobugs.com/files/beta/MQ2MMOTLO.dll

TLO: BenchMark

Index can be by name, or number.

Members:
int Total - Total number of benchmark entries
string Name[index|name] - Name of benchmark
int Count[index|name] - Count of benchmark (number of calls)
int Time[index|name] - Total time spent for benchmark
float Average[index|name] - Average time for benchmark (ms per call)

Examples:
${BenchMark.Name[1]}
${BenchMark.Average[3]}
${BenchMark.Average[Calculate]}
${BenchMark.Total}

Threw it into quick hud, just for demo purposes:

bm3.jpg

htw

This is bumping a very old thread but I am having this exact problem. It just recently started happening. Nothing has changed with things I use. Just loading a macro takes a good 45 seconds now when it use to take like 3 to 10 seconds. Its driving me crazy lol. Anyone else have this problem and resolve it?