Looking for a player alert type of plugin

muzare

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking for a plugin that is capable of alerting the player whenever somebody enters a zone. I'm sure this exists, and it may even exist in the compilation, but I haven't been able to pick up on it. At this point my paranoia has lead me to compulsively do /who's every couple of minutes.

you can add a line to your HUD,that shows you how many peeps are in zone.

for example

Code:
PPLinZone=3,5,170,0,255,0,People In Zone: ${SpawnCount[pc]}

think he means a version of MQ2GMCheck but for PCs with the boo/cheer

i would love that too, anyone can compile that please ? with sound :)

Ok, here you go... for some reason, I felt the urge to take the time to make this for you LOL (don't know why!!). :p

Plugin: MQ2PCCheck

Commands:
Code:
pcstatus: Show current settings/status.
pcquiet: Turn off PC alert & reminder sounds (not perm).
pccheck [on|off]: Toggle PC alerting on/off.
pcsound [on|off]: Toggle PC alert sounds on/off.
pcbeep [on|off]: Toggle PC alert beeps on/off.
pcpopup [on|off]: Toggle PC alert popup messages on/off.
pcnogroup [on|off]: Toggle excluding group members from alerts.
pcsave: Save current settings.
pcrem: Change alert reminder interval, in seconds.  e.g.: /pcrem 15
pchelp: Show help.

Commands with [on|off] will toggle if no parameter given, or can force on/off (e.g., /pcnogroup off).

TLO is PCCheck. Members:
Code:
${PCCheck}   = true if PC in zone (other than you).
${PCCheck.Status} = true if PC checking is enabled.
${PCCheck.Count} = # PCs in zone (including yourself)
${PCCheck.NG} = true if PC in zone (other than you or other group members)
${PCCheck.NGCount} = # PCs in zone (*excluding* you and your group)

Sounds used, if found and activated:
Code:
(MQ2Dir)\Sounds\pcenter.wav  = played when PC enters zone
(MQ2Dir)\Sounds\pcleave.wav = played when PC leaves zone
(MQ2Dir)\Sounds\pcremind.wav = reminder played if PC in zone

Keep in mind depending on which zone (lobby? hehe), and what sound options, it can spam you a bit with sound, so you might want to use zone config files, autoexec.cfg, that kind of thing to turn it on or off depending on where you are at.

htw

Attachments

• MQ2PCCheck.dll
    235.5 KB · Views: 9
Code:
${PCCheck}   = true if PC in zone (other than you).
could this be changed to include your group members?

A small question / request.

Is there a way.. either through a znoe cfg file or in the plugin itsellf to have it unload upon zoning? MAybe ahve it acquire a zone id when you plug it in and have it remove if the id no longer matches? I know putting hat into a macro is pretty simple didnt know if it is the same with the plug-ins.

Oh, and great job. That could come in quite handy for AFK/macroing while stil at keys.

Thanks HTW

-Vy

cd MQ2GMCheck
awk 's/GM/PC' *.*
devenv /build MacroQuest2.sln

hoho I can do it too :D

j/k

edit: In praise of htw's boundless efforts, i wanted to acknowledge that yes there is more to it than that. I am merely being an asshole and teasing like a 6 year old.

Last edited:
cd MQ2GMCheck
awk 's/GM/PC' *.*
devenv /build MacroQuest2.sln

hoho I can do it too :D

j/k

Quite a bit more than that. Also, since I wrote all that shit in GMCheck, re-using some of the help/routines not that surprising, is it?

htw

Is there a way.. either through a znoe cfg file or in the plugin itsellf to have it unload upon zoning? MAybe ahve it acquire a zone id when you plug it in and have it remove if the id no longer matches? I know putting hat into a macro is pretty simple didnt know if it is the same with the plug-ins.

Oh, and great job. That could come in quite handy for AFK/macroing while stil at keys.

Thanks HTW

-Vy

The best way to do this would be with .cfg files. Zoned.cfg is processed before zone specific configs, so for example you could do:

zoned.cfg:
/pccheck off

Then, in any specific zone you want it on in, just put it in that config. For mesa, for example:

mesa.cfg:
/pccheck on

htw

The best way to do this would be with .cfg files. Zoned.cfg is processed before zone specific configs, so for example you could do:

zoned.cfg:
/pccheck off

Then, in any specific zone you want it on in, just put it in that config. For mesa, for example:

mesa.cfg:
/pccheck on

htw
Awesome,
Thanks HTW

FYI

I have 2 zones that I have "/endmacro" in poknowledge.cfg and guildlobby.cfg, after accidently zoning with a macro that didn't check zones. Nothing like having a healmacro running while standing there in guild lobby because you can't target your tank.

Thanks to all who answered, and thanks especially to htw :)

My paranoia is finally at ease! I'm glad to hear that this thread could benefit others, as well.

zoned.cfg:
/pccheck off

htw

Did this last night, Upside is when you zone from where ever you were using it, it will shut off. Very nice

Down side: When you zone someplace else after that it turns back on.

aka. /pccheck off = off ; /pccheck off x 2 = on

Not a big deal really but thought I would throw it out there. I just unloaded it when I was done.