LoN No Units deck

Sadge

Sexy Shoeless God of War
Reaction score
(I'm posting my fighter deck so you can see the differences between this and the deck that I posted (LoN Protector Deck) and see the same archtype)

I have a custom fighter avatar here, but since I don't have any units, the special I have is "Exert this avatar -> Get +1 total defense for each opposing combatant." This way if the computer is able to get a few units out on me, I can at least boost my defense.

Quests:

Blackburrow Stout (5F30) "All units are played exerted."

Any units that come out in the beginning are played exerted to make it easier to damgae them while questing. In at least one scenario, the computer plays a quest that damages units when they become exerted. In that case, you start off with the opposing units damaged!

Oceangreen's Finest (6F2) "When a player completes this quest, until the end of the turn, each ability he plays costs -1 power to play."

Normally, I would go with the quest that destoys all all units at this quest or the other quest (see my other thread), but in this case I decided to go with this card so after completing it, I can pull out and fill all my abilites slots.

Vengeful Musicians (1U236) "When this quest is played, each player deals 1 damage to one of his own units."

Since we won't have units out, this won't affect us, but it will damage any units left by the computer.

Cleansing the Corrupted (5F31) "When this quest is played, put all opposing items in their owner's hands."

This card has just been nerfed (compare the text to the one in the other thread that puts all abilities in the computer's hands). I may revisit this.

Abilities:

4x Blessed Aid (1C11) "When you play this ability, search your deck for an item card and take it into your hand."

Same thing here -- this card is to get out any items (defense or power) that I need early in the game.

3x Bloodlust (1C12)
1C12.jpg

The only reason I have this card in here is so that I can play it durning my quest phase and ready my Militia War Horse (which deals 1 damage to a unit). This way I can damage a unit twice.

4x Forge Ahead (1U245)
1U245.jpg

Level 3 quest for only 2 power? Great trade off.

3x Relcaim (1C249)
1C249.jpg

Once again, more power = good. Plus it sometimes is an advantage for have level 1 cards (see Journeyman's Boots and Cloak of Flames).

4x Firiona's Blessing (1F2)
1F2.jpg

This card is good for 2 reasons. #1) Healing your avatar is always good (especially since your avatar is open to attack), and #2) The +3 defense comes in handy.

1x Tranquil Blessing (4C15)
4C15.jpg

Since I don't have any weapon items, I don't have to worry about the special here. For me, it's just a level 3 ability for only 2 power.

1x Voyage (4R130)
4R130.jpg

I wish I had more of these cards. I usually try to save this card until the last quest (the level 6 quest). Add the Journeyman's Boots and the Cloak of Flames, and you can complete the last quest on one turn.

4x Flanking Maneuver (5C131)
5C131.jpg

This card is good for getting rid of units that you've damaged at a quest.

4x Clever Invention (5F22)
5F22.jpg

Being able to damage units here will help avoid the computer stacking units against us.

4x Dauntless Stamina (5F23)
5F23.jpg

Once again this card is great for 2 reasons: getting us more power and more defense (+3). Played at the right time, and this little card can be very helpful.

4x Strength of Will (5F25)
5F25.jpg

Another heal card that also has +3 defense.

1x Divine Purpose (6U4) "(While light) You may play this ability for no cost by setting your faction to neutral instead. When you play this ability, search your deck for an item card and take it into your hand."

This is a level 3 questm, which is good. Plus you can pull out an item card that you need (Journeyman's Boots, Cloak of Flames, etc.). In this deck it's hard to get light faction (and if you do, you probably want to stay light for the next card).

3x Avoid (6C129) "(While light and defending) Exert this ability -> Set your faction to 7 light. You get +4 defense."

+4 defense is awesome, but as I said sometimes it's hard to get light in this deck.

Tactics:

3x Wind Walk (1C56) "You get -1 total damage and +4 defense"

Especially early on when you're still getting your cards in place, it's good to have some extra defense.

4x Sunder (1U274) "Destroy an item on an opposing avatar combatant."

EVERY DECK NEEDS THESE 4 CARDS. It's very rare that the computer does not have at least one item you'll need to destroy. In some scenarios (especially Otahbound 14), you'll never survive without these cards or a similar card.

4x Outwit (1C267)
1C267.jpg

So helpful for questing and not worrying about damage bonus or defense from an opposing unit.

4x Pierce (1C268)
1C268.jpg

Helpful when units are at your quest. Pair with Outwit, and you can then use your avatar as damage bonus.

3x Sidestep (1C271)
1C271.jpg

Good defense card.

3x Slash (1C272)
1C272.jpg

I actually don't know why I don't have this card paired with Dispach (which destroys a damaged opponent). This card plus that one will wipe out a lot of cards.

4x Punch (5C153)
5C153.jpg

This cards works for offense and defense, so it's a helpful card.

1x Staight Thrust (5R158)
5R158.jpg

I added this card to try and gain light faction to use the other cards above.

1x Bright Idea (6U150) "(While attacking) You get +2 total attack and gain 3 light faction. (While light) This tatic costs -1 power to play."

Another card to build faction and help attack.

To be continued .....

Items:

1x Greaves of the Pious (1U36) "Pay 2 power and exert this item -> Heal 1 damage on your avatar."

Heal avatar = good.

1x Shield of Strife (1C42)
1C42.jpg

Just defense and some attack if needed.

1x Fippy's Paw (1U256) "At the start of your quest phase, gain 1 power"

Just in case I need more power.

1x Journeyman's Boots (1R259)
1R259.jpg

You want to make these scenarios easy? Get this card. If possible I use the Blessed Aid my first turn to get this card out right away.

4x Aged Bloodwine (1F9)
1F9.jpg

Not a great card, but occasionally, the 1 power might come in handy.

4x Bloodwine Cask (2F24)
2F25.jpg

Note: there's a descrepancy here, but I am looking at the card in my deck right now and it's definately 2F24 not 2F25. Anyway, more power = good.

1x Cloak of Flames (2F25)
2F26.jpg

Same note as above on this one (2F25 is right, not 2F26). This card is great in this deck because you can add 1 level token each time you apply an ability to a quest (add with Jouneyman's Boots and quests get very easy).

1x Ring of the Bastion (3F1)
3F1.jpg

More defense and health.

1x Militia War Horse (4U133)
4U133.jpg

Great to be able to damage a unit regardless of it's defense.

1x Robe of Ishva Mal (4F25)
4F25.jpg

This card clashes with the Cloak of Flames (and I'd use that one over this one), but if this comes out first, I use it to damage all units at a quest. More help to avoid damage later on.

4x Wayfarer's Bread (4F26)
4F26.jpg

Heal avatar = good.

1x Forsaken Longsword (5C20)
5C20.jpg

Just in case I need a weapon out.

1x Layered Scale Chestguard (5U22)
5U22.jpg

More defense.

1x Barkleather Cap (5C139)
5C139.jpg

More defense.

1x Shimmering Topaz Crystal (5F29)
5F29.jpg

More power.

2x Double Brewed Orchish Stout (6F17) "(While defending or attacking) Pay 2 power and exert this item -> Your avatar gets a +2 rune."

Sometimes you just need it.

That's 93 cards, which is a lot. It can be trimmed, but for the most part, this deck works for me. With the right draw, you can finish a game in just a few turns.

That is insane, lots of time on that write up and sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing I may actually try to play the game for once haha.

awesome! I'm missing a bunch of these, but I'll see what I can throw together.

It's more strategy that having those exact cards.

The only cards I feel are must haves in this deck are the Journeyman's boots and as many level 3 quests that are possible (even the Sunder cards aren't necessary in this deck -- in the questing scenarios, you don't do a lot od AvA combat). They're in there because I've gotten burned too many times by weapon on the computer's side, so better safe than sorry (plus they give me cards to discard when I use the Barkleather Cap).

AltFacon02 -- thanks for the kind words. It did take forever ;)

Hopefully someone finds these useful in the LoN game. There are loot cards that are won in some scenarios, so it does benefit you to try and win them. I know that some people don't want to spend any money for LoN, but if you can swing $5, but 5 Event Passes and head to the trades section. I found a lot of my cards (especially the common ones) in trades for just 1 Event Pass. There are several trades out there that are offering > 20 cards for 1 event pass. Some cards are crap, but there are actually a lot of useful cards out there.

Also, you'll notice that I use a lot of cards that are rewards from different scenarios -- tweak your deck as you go along!

Happy hunting!

Nice man! Another kick ass Guide! Im almost done building the Protector Deck you posted. Im going to build this one too!

So I built this one up the best I could. Damn, some of these are hard. I beat the one where you win the cloak of flames on easy. I tried it on medium and I can't seem to beat it. I should try hunting down a Journeyman boots card.

Make sure that you've got at least 1 of your level 2 or 3 protectors to get out on the first turn.

Depending on the scenario, the computer will stay away from Fire Beetle Eyes if there's 1 protector there and he has a level 1 or 2 ability. Remember that with this deck, it's okay to let the computer win a quest or 2 to give you more power. In the end, it's all about having the protectors there to stop him cold in the end.

I havent looked into LoN at all. Is there a benefit to playing this card game that rolls into EQ itself, or is this just a side thing?

Make sure that you've got at least 1 of your level 2 or 3 protectors to get out on the first turn.

Depending on the scenario, the computer will stay away from Fire Beetle Eyes if there's 1 protector there and he has a level 1 or 2 ability. Remember that with this deck, it's okay to let the computer win a quest or 2 to give you more power. In the end, it's all about having the protectors there to stop him cold in the end.

It is very hard to do that in a no units deck =)

I havent looked into LoN at all. Is there a benefit to playing this card game that rolls into EQ itself, or is this just a side thing?

There are loot cards that you can get just by winning the scenarios. Most (I think) are crap (mostly particle effects, etc), but some will add damage to your weapons or add attack points, etc.

It is very hard to do that in a no units deck =)

My bad. Thought we were in the other thread. :D

Which quest is done that provides for "cloak of flames" when completed and won on 'easy' setting please?