Load plugin for select characters

aikijitsu

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Does anyone have a tricky way to autoload a plugin for boxes but not the main? I tried putting a line in the server_toonName but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks

Just what I was looking for, thanks.

autoexec.cfg

Executed on the first pulse (when you reach character select, or when you are in game)

charselect.cfg

Executed when you reach character select

zoned.cfg

Executed after you finish zoning, but right before the map-specific config is executed

server_character.cfg

Executed when a certain character enters the world

classname.cfg

Executed when char of 'classname' enters world. e.g., bard.cfg

mapshortname.cfg

Executed when you zone into this zone

pluginname-autoexec.cfg

Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete)

Last edited:
Just make sure you have /plugin xxx unload commands in the cfg files for the characters that you don't want the plugin loaded. MQ2 will remember your plugins in general. When you first load it if you have multiple eq sessions open, it will only load it in one eq session, but after that it will load for each eq session that starts, until it's unloaded in one of them. So you are going to essentially have to load and unload it in a cfg file for every character you have and want to be sure it's either loaded or not loaded on.

Alternatively you can use an inline if in the autoexec.cfg instead of every character.cfg file:

Code:
${If[${MacroQuest.GameState.Equal[INGAME]} && ${Select[${Me.CleanName},CHARACTER1,CHARACTER2,CHARACTER3]},/plugin pluginname,/plugin pluginname unload]}

Think that should work.. This would load the plugin for the characters in the ${Select} list and unload it for everyone else. You could reverse the behavior by swapping the unload position in the ${If}.

Last edited:
inside your config file, do:
/plugin pluginname noauto

as far as i know that still works. makes it not autoload for other instances.